07-24-20 05:01 PM
75 123
tools
    Hey Guys,

I have found a fix to this problem!!! It's something to do with the Media Licensing on the device!!!

Please follow the steps below :

1. Install 10.1.0.4181 (Using an autoloader and not via Sachesi )

2. Do a security wipe

3. Open the camera App and select primacy storage as "Device "

4. Back up the data on memory card on ur PC/ Mac

5. Erase the memory card ( Do not Format it)

6. Do a OTA update to 10.2 ( Which will be about 436 MB)

7. Reboot

After the reboot once the device boots up, a notification will pop up saying "Media Licensing fixed "

Open the camera App and all will be good

8. Format the memory card

I have read on various threads that its the memory card which messes up the multimedia and camera!!! I did several trials with multiple cards and it didn't help the problem at all!!!!
    I don't think this problem has anything to do with the memory card

So I am assuming that the problem is something to do with Media Licensing on the device itself and which gets corrupted on running leaks ( No offence here)
    I have been running 10.2.0.1791 since last Saturday without any problems!!!
    Give it a go and report back!!!!!

Thanks

MJ

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    dev3011 and anandv76 like this.
    11-10-13 01:22 AM
    Thanks for sharing mate
    11-10-13 01:39 AM
    I never ever had a leak installed.
    Never had a problem with my camera either, I've just updated to the official 10.2 and once it was all done, I noticed a pop up on my screen that said the media licences had been fixed

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    11-10-13 02:29 AM
    Thanks for sharing. Although I never experienced any camera problems, always handy to know a solution is at hand once needed.
    11-10-13 02:54 AM
    A lot of z10 users (STL100-1 to be precise) have experienced issues with the camera not starting, media not playing etc on their devices.......

A lot of people have brushed this issue as a hardware problem but it's just a bug in the software!!!!

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 03:08 AM
    STL100-1? Really, I thought those reports were from the other models.
    I updated my bf STL100-1 today, hes on a different carrier to me but also only ever had official OS. After his update finished installing he also got the message about the media being fixed, so I think that message is popping up regardless, when updating to the official/carrier released OS. But as far as I know he hasnt experienced any of those issues (although Im going to double check this with him).

The fact that you said change the camera storage to device and then format the SD card makes me me wonder if it really isnt the memory card corrupting data or atleast the data being corrupt when being written to the card, not to say there is an actual problem with the memory card. And if you use memory card as storage and the data has been corrupted, when you try run the camera app it wouldnt be able to display that last picture taken preview in the bottom left corner causing the app to "crash". - I could be waaaaaaay off here, just speculating a bit.
    Out of curiosity did you try just taking the memory card all together out of the phone and trying to run the app without, then switch to device storage and take a pic? If that worked, you could have done further testing from there.

Glad to say Ive had my STL100-1 since Feb and never experienced that!
    11-10-13 05:36 PM
    Hi, i have thiz problem, but i don't know where download s.o. 10.1 o 10.0 please can somebody give a Link? Thank youu!!!
    11-11-13 07:56 AM
    since the update to 10.2.0.4XX - my video camera won't shut off. Once it's on, it is completely unresponsive to any commands, esp to stop filming. The only way to cease filming is to shut down the app, and often it crashes the phone altogether.

Also trying to open the camera from home screen with a long press - crashes phone.

But only since the update, previously it worked flawlessly.

my camera doesn't save the photos to the media card - I've never been able to get that set up.

Any thoughts?
    11-11-13 01:01 PM
    Hey Guys,

I have found a fix to this problem!!! It's something to do with the Media Licensing on the device!!!

2. Do a security wipe

7. Reboot

After the reboot once the device boots up, a notification will pop up saying "Media Licensing fixed "

I have read on various threads that its the memory card which messes up the multimedia and camera!!! I did several trials with multiple cards and it didn't help the problem at all!!!!

So I am assuming that the problem is something to do with Media Licensing on the device itself and which gets corrupted on running leaks ( No offence here)

Thanks

MJ

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    Not a fix for your consumer I'm afraid

Proudly posted by an Essex Lad with Z10
    11-11-13 01:18 PM
    Can you please elaborate????

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 03:23 PM
    I got the same message when I upgraded to the official 10.2 in Canada. And I never had any issues with the camera, or streaming anything. I've got an stl100-3.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 03:34 PM
    Please my z10 stl100-1 was working perfectly till I installed the official 10.2 update and all of a sudden my camera won't start and videos won't play. (there was no media licence fixed message) I've tried removing memory card, sim card, security wipe and nothing worked. But after a while the camera started working and video playing for about 3days then back to the error message 'the camera can't be started ' and videos don't play.
    I'm very frustrated and tired going for a month without being able to watch video or take a picture.
    I want to give your solution a shot. How do I go about an autoloader to install 10.1.0.4181. I'll be glad and grateful if this fixes it.
    Last edited by pkay4; 11-12-13 at 03:17 AM. Reason: to add a detail i forgot
    11-12-13 03:13 AM
    FWIW, just a warning. One of the Spy Cam apps totally borked my normal camera functions and freezes the phone.
    11-12-13 09:44 AM
    Please my z10 stl100-1 was working perfectly till I installed the official 10.2 update and all of a sudden my camera won't start and videos won't play. (there was no media licence fixed message) I've tried removing memory card, sim card, security wipe and nothing worked. But after a while the camera started working and video playing for about 3days then back to the error message 'the camera can't be started ' and videos don't play.
    I'm very frustrated and tired going for a month without being able to watch video or take a picture.
    I want to give your solution a shot. How do I go about an autoloader to install 10.1.0.4181. I'll be glad and grateful if this fixes it.
    Try plug your device into a computer and reload the OS

11-12-13 02:40 PM
    Try plug your device into a computer and reload the OS

Pls do you mean using BlackBerry Link to do a restore to factory default. I already did that. It wipes everything data, emails, media, settings, Apps etc and the phone returns like new but the OS 10.2 is not reversed back to 10.1.xxxx. The 10.2 remains unchanged and videos and camera still won't work.
    11-12-13 03:23 PM
    You can get 10.1.0.4181 through Darcy tools!! Download the OS and radio then extract the zip files...

Create an auto loader using .signed files using Darcy!!! Look for a tutorial on using Darcy

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 03:54 PM
    Thanks, I'll get to work as soon as I return from a trip. I should post my outcome as soon I have tried it. Thanks again.
    11-12-13 09:57 PM
    Is latest leak 10.2.1.1055 will solve this problem ? I have tried installing leak for 10.2.0.1803 but problem still exist.

Have somebody tried this the latest leak ?
    11-18-13 11:53 PM
    Everyone I'd giving great reports on 10.2.1.1055, so I would probably try that before downgrading

11-19-13 01:11 AM
    Hey Guys,

2. Do a security wipe

7. Reboot

Thanks

MJ

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10

Camera can't be started - SOLUTION-img_00000223_edit.jpg

Thanks for the help but I've been experiencing this error, my camera won't start at all, so there is no chance of going in the storage settings or any other settings and I do not use a memory card.
    Please advice! :/

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 04:26 AM
    I tried every thing except installing 10.1. Out of frustration installed leaked 10.2.0.1803 using autoloader and did a security wipe. Still same problem.
    Then for 2 days I did nothing. Then I restarted the phone for some other reason. After that my camera started working and so is video player. Now after multiple restart it's still working. So I guess 1803 is the solution you just need a restart. Good luck guys. This is a big issue as battery also drains very fast when camera is not working.
    11-21-13 11:28 PM
    I tried every thing except installing 10.1. Out of frustration installed leaked 10.2.0.1803 using autoloader and did a security wipe. Still same problem.
    Then for 2 days I did nothing. Then I restarted the phone for some other reason. After that my camera started working and so is video player. Now after multiple restart it's still working. So I guess 1803 is the solution you just need a restart. Good luck guys. This is a big issue as battery also drains very fast when camera is not working.
    I'm going to try this method and hope it works!

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 03:42 AM
    Dude just install the old bar file nothing more needed

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 04:35 AM
    I had same problem, I reinstalled the leak.
    Or you can try little older version of leak

Phone history - Nokia 8310>. O2 XDA II > Sony Ericsson W610i > BB curve 8520> BB curve 9380> BlackBerry Z10
    11-22-13 10:26 AM
    This:

"Ok, now don't ask me how this happened, but it did:

last night in my Insomniac Stupor, i played around on my phone, went into application permissions, switched all the permissions to "OFF", and TADA! The camera was working....

I think it had something to do with some apps and the Shared Files Option in Permissions.

After the camera started working, i went back to permissions and swithed all to the "ON" position, went back to camera, and yes, it was still working! And i can watch videos now! I hope this will help anyone else having this issue, mine is now resolved, and that by playing around... "

From here: Re: The camera can't be started - Page 2 - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    11-22-13 11:31 AM
75 123