I performed all the steps but nothing positive...
    What's your OS?

Posted via my Astro Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.3175
    06-13-14 11:53 PM
    For me the solution in post #1 worked! Thank you so much OP, this was my last try after I installed 10 OS versions and spending hours on this!
    Btw, I never had a media card, so I skipped those parts.
    Thank you so much!

/edit: After the first restart it started having the same problems again...
    Last edited by dev3011; 08-31-14 at 12:56 PM.
    08-31-14 11:03 AM
    "The camera can't be started" so how can i open a camera please share a video to open
    11-14-14 12:34 AM
    "The camera can't be started" so how can i open a camera please share a video to open
    Have you tried the various suggestions in this thread? Rebooted? Maybe try reloading the OS?

Try a restart:

Press and HOLD both Vol Up/Down buttons. Keep holding while the screen goes fully black (ignore the screenshot), keep holding through the Black/White logo and when the Colored Logo shows up, release those buttons.

If you have the STL100-1 variant the volume button reset method doesn't work. In that case, Press and HOLD the Power On Button until you see the LOGO as above
    11-14-14 11:46 AM
    HOW TO SOLVE CAMERA CANT BE STARTED.
    this should work 4 you........i found all possible ways to solve this issue because I had the same problem.....
    First: restart the phone, when it's on completely, do not open camera yet..
    Secondly: firmly press the camera and the opposite side together...
    Thirdly: while holding it open Ur camera and remove Ur hands..authomatically the camera will show/work..dem exist and see if Ur flash is working...if it's working open the back of the phone and press the camera and firmly tighten the nuts close to it............
    If u lost the camera icon on your phone...simply go to blackberry world and search for camera and download it. or flash the phone and reinstall BlackBerry OS.......
    PLEASE IF THIS WORKS FOR YOU KINDLY REPLY SAYING IT WORKS TANKS, SO OTHER CAN TRY IT OUT TOO..i just want 2 help....this worked 4 mi......for more details : 24EA80FC...my pin...
    01-07-15 02:20 AM
    i,m found the same problem last week. but used OS 10.2.1.3062 more than 6 months without any problem. Reboot, on & off and troubleshoot many time but still not resolve. damn!.
    what happen BlackBerry Team?.. please fix it

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 03:00 AM
    Please test this step, if you can play movie with BlackBerry native player, most likely hardware problem.
    If you cannot play movie, it mean software problem.
    The easy step is just autoload your OS.
    I am stl 1 user and I had experience with this problem.
    Agree with install OS 1155 to fix software problem then you can install other OS version.
    Or you can find stable OS specially for camera, then install it.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 04:39 AM
    Please I need z10_3g_10-3-1autoloader
    04-09-15 11:14 AM
    FOUND A FIX.

I've had this problem for quite and i saw i fix that worked for me and I think it's the right way to fix it. So apparently the camera can't be started because of a random app running in the background during an update. In order to fix it, you need to use the battery completely, till it's depleted. Then just charge up you phone again and voila! the camera should be working again.

For some reason this doesnt work if you just take out your battery. you need it to drain completely. And you might need to do it a few times (for me it worked after the 2nd battery drain)

Hope this helps!
    05-17-15 06:46 PM
    HI

i dont know weather this problem is hardware or soft ware but my phone camera works strangely,
    today afternoon i just opened camera as usual it was not working i went into settings and enabled all the options and suddenly it started working again. i almost clicked two photos and after that i closed it and opened camera again and it was back to as it was before i.e. not working
    08-10-15 05:50 AM
    Not working for me. Av loaded 10.3, still camera can't be started. The phone didn't fall or anything.

Posted via The A to Z of tens.
    08-13-15 01:23 AM
    I don t know what to do . help me please
    03-01-16 08:29 AM
    Hi friends just remove the memory card and after phone restart than using camera now it's working at the same time please keep the files to your computer and format the memory card
    07-24-16 10:56 PM
    Just press hard on the rear camera and start the camera again. It'll work.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-16 10:37 AM
    Fellow Z10 users!
    I had a defunct Z10 battery put aside for recycling.
    After replacing the charged battery with the crap one the smartphone booted with some complaints re the battery, but YES, the camery was alive again!!!!
    The Flashlight works too.

Thanks Dave!!!

Tamás, Hungary

FOUND A FIX.

I've had this problem for quite and i saw i fix that worked for me and I think it's the right way to fix it. So apparently the camera can't be started because of a random app running in the background during an update. In order to fix it, you need to use the battery completely, till it's depleted. Then just charge up you phone again and voila! the camera should be working again.

For some reason this doesnt work if you just take out your battery. you need it to drain completely. And you might need to do it a few times (for me it worked after the 2nd battery drain)

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by Jung Tamas; 12-15-17 at 04:56 AM.
    12-15-17 04:43 AM
    i have blackberry passport and the stumbled upon a temp fix.

So i wet to blackberry world and was downloading a file manager,in the market app there is an option to scan a QR code.I click on that option and directly the camera was opened.i shut down the marked app and press the camera icon and the camera was working.
    07-24-18 02:02 PM
    Should be a fix for this.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-18 09:43 AM
    Okay this worked for me! (sorry for the mistakes in the first post)

So i got this 2nd hand bb passport,it has some problems like

Camera won't open
    Flash won't work(temp fix for this is to turn off Settings>Advanced interaction>Flip to save power)
    Playing Music and videos would give "This file cannot be played due to unexpected error (3)"
    A red cross on the top right corner
    Sim wont work (it is from unauthorized source)
    Device would restart on its own

The only things worked was WIFI and the memory slot so far.First time a hard reset did the trick.The device was working fine until it updated to 10.3.03.2163 via wifi.Again all the above problem happen but now it wont fix with hard reset.

I installed latest blackberry link and blend(both comes in a same software) and connected my device to the PC.BB link downloaded the latest firmware,and i restored my device but no fix.I did multiple hard reset and restarts but no fix.Tried many versions of autoloader even 2163.I was convinced that the update was the issue and was trying to downgrade it but what WORKED for me was to update it further.So i ran 10.3.03.3216 SQW100-1 and it fix it.Now my device is on 10.3.3.2137 (weird right but the phone works).
    07-30-18 10:07 PM
    Update
    So the phone worked for a week,yesterday i was using sim data dervice cuz my wifi service was down for maintenance.It was working perfectly.Until i woke up the following morning and saw the red cross.But now the autoloader is not fixing the problem.
    If i found a solution i will post it here.
    08-01-18 04:00 AM
    Might try opening the camera with another app.
    Invoke camera:// with long press
    Posted via CB10
    08-02-18 09:34 AM
    To me it sounds a faulty module. Torx+ifixit.
    08-09-18 02:59 PM
  22. tegar ramadhanu kariadinata's Avatar
    downgrade to 10.3.3.3057 and reinstall it
    if it was still not working I think your camera component must be changed

 Passport RED Edition 10.3.32163
    08-15-18 02:30 AM
    It works!
    10-26-18 08:45 PM
    help me
    07-24-20 03:58 PM
    Okay this worked for me! (sorry for the mistakes in the first post)

So i got this 2nd hand bb passport,it has some problems like

Camera won't open
    Flash won't work(temp fix for this is to turn off Settings>Advanced interaction>Flip to save power)
    Playing Music and videos would give "This file cannot be played due to unexpected error (3)"
    A red cross on the top right corner
    Sim wont work (it is from unauthorized source)
    Device would restart on its own

The only things worked was WIFI and the memory slot so far.First time a hard reset did the trick.The device was working fine until it updated to 10.3.03.2163 via wifi.Again all the above problem happen but now it wont fix with hard reset.

I installed latest blackberry link and blend(both comes in a same software) and connected my device to the PC.BB link downloaded the latest firmware,and i restored my device but no fix.I did multiple hard reset and restarts but no fix.Tried many versions of autoloader even 2163.I was convinced that the update was the issue and was trying to downgrade it but what WORKED for me was to update it further.So i ran 10.3.03.3216 SQW100-1 and it fix it.Now my device is on 10.3.3.2137 (weird right but the phone works).
    Blackberry z10 stl100-1 help
    07-24-20 04:01 PM
75 123