Hi,
    My camera says: "The camera cant be started". I have no issues with other media.
    I have seen many are having the same issue with the camera. My phone just works fine if i restart. But after some time it gets back. I have read to reinstall camera here : bit.ly/1l5HfbJ
    Is it safe to do so? By the way I'm side loading apps from Amazon store.
    I have seen some solutions like reverting back to previous versions and coming back. But it seems doesn't have any much success ratio. Can anyone please help with this.

Note: version - 10.2.1.2102
    Model: STL100-1

Regards,
    Inblueswithu-BB

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 01:20 AM
    It's always kind of safe.

Do a full backup via link - if things go crazy... You can reset your phone back to its factory state - and reload your backup. And be back to where you are now (some work but no foul)

Posted via CB from my LE
    04-17-14 02:27 AM
    That didn't turn out well. My camera started crashing once i try to open it. So, i connected to my laptop to back up. But the link software showed to update my phone. My phone was already upto date!! Guess the camera bar file i installed is an old version. I tried to update, but after few min it said my phone is already up to-date!! And now my camera is working Lets see for some while, if the camera gives pain again!!
    Obviously that bar file did not do any good here. That software update reverted that change!!

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 05:23 AM
    From readings here, it appears that the Model 1 has the most issues with the camera. Also, if you have installed Android apps, particularly, apps that use the camera, it can have that affect and "stall" the camera. I wonder if you download from BBWorld, Task Manager, run it when/if the camera stops and see what Android apps are running in the background.

Good luck
    04-17-14 09:05 AM
    My problem when I start camera, restarting fixes everything but I don't wanna restart my phone I want a fix for this problem
    Posted via CB10
    Attached Thumbnails "The camera cant be started" Recurring issue-facebook-20140416-225643.png   "The camera cant be started" Recurring issue-img_20140418_164739.jpg  
    04-18-14 07:52 AM
    My problem when I start camera, restarting fixes everything but I don't wanna restart my phone I want a fix for this problem
    Posted via CB10
    Ive been experienced that, I noticed some green dark particles on my camera whenever I capturing, it happens to me once, and I resolved it ;just turnoff your phone get the battery out for a minute, and get it back try to open, again.. I experience that after I update my OS, let me know if this work on your phone..mine is z10 stl100-1 10.2.1.2141

Posted via CB10
    04-19-14 12:17 PM
    Hi,
    My camera says: "The camera cant be started". I have no issues with other media.
    I have seen many are having the same issue with the camera. My phone just works fine if i restart. But after some time it gets back. I have read to reinstall camera here : bit.ly/1l5HfbJ
    Is it safe to do so? By the way I'm side loading apps from Amazon store.
    I have seen some solutions like reverting back to previous versions and coming back. But it seems doesn't have any much success ratio. Can anyone please help with this.

Note: version - 10.2.1.2102
    Model: STL100-1

Regards,
    Inblueswithu-BB

Posted via CB10
    That is my problem today, I experiencing much more, from not charging til, 100% it stop beyond 92% and for not draining til its 0%, and now my camera says "the camera cant be started"... my camera issue..just fixed by turning off and get the battery out after a minute, now my camera works well, and my charging problem, I will try some solutions that I got from other forums, hoping that those might help me fixing this...

Posted via CB10
    04-19-14 12:26 PM
    Restarting works, but after a few days it comes back again randomly, and sometimes I get the camera can't be started message as well. And my phone is the same z10 Stl-100 and I experienced these problems after the update, so my best best guess would be it's either the update or some android app which is messing up my camera software

Posted via CB10
    04-19-14 03:57 PM
    Restarting works, but after a few days it comes back again randomly, and sometimes I get the camera can't be started message as well. And my phone is the same z10 Stl-100 and I experienced these problems after the update, so my best best guess would be it's either the update or some android app which is messing up my camera software

Posted via CB10
    Well, it appears you have narrowed the problem. Maybe it is time to take this to BB in there own forum or contact Carrier and have them pass you along to BB for official support. It appears that Model 1 suffers this more than other units.
    04-19-14 06:23 PM
    I didn't have any android apps in my phone, and still had the camera issue. Plus my phone was almost new with very few installed BlackBerry World apps. So I am not convinced that it's any app causing the issues.

However since my phone was pretty much new I also didn't hesitate sending it in to get looked at. I am interested in seeing what koodo or blackberry say, and will post it here.
    FF22 likes this.
    04-19-14 06:35 PM
    That is my problem today, I experiencing much more, from not charging til, 100% it stop beyond 92% and for not draining til its 0%, and now my camera says "the camera cant be started"... my camera issue..just fixed by turning off and get the battery out after a minute, now my camera works well, and my charging problem, I will try some solutions that I got from other forums, hoping that those might help me fixing this...

Posted via CB10
    DO NOT EVER RUN THE BATTERY TO ZERO.. Unless you are trying to ruin it. Lithium ion batteries get hot when charging them from less than 10%. Batteries don't like heat. Try not to run them below 20%... They do not have a memory like NiCad (Nickel Cadmium) or NMH (Nickel Metal Hydride)

Trusted Member Genius
    04-19-14 06:49 PM
    Almost 5 days now! My camera is not giving any issues. I have not started any android based camera apps till now. Let me report after few more days (after using camera apps).
    You have to be careful as there are few android apps in BlackBerry World too. Any app with a back button bar when it opens is an android port to BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    04-22-14 04:22 AM