K so last night when i opened up the camera to take a picture. It looks like the lens is cracked or something. But i see no cracks on it. So i did a battery pull but its still the same. And when i looked at some of the most recent pictures i had taken a couple days before these "cracks" appeared, they had now had the cracks on them! Which they never had before and i had sent them to ppl. This actually makes no sense to me does anyone know whats wrong?

Posted via CB10
    01-24-14 09:34 PM
    Have you cleaned your lens?

Proudly posted by an Essex Lad with Z10
    01-24-14 09:39 PM
    Can you post one of those pictures so we can see what you are talking about?

Posted via CB10
    01-24-14 09:54 PM
    Ive tried wiping it the front of the camera lens, unless you mean like actually opening it up and cleaning it then no. But still wouldnt make sense as to why a few of these previous pictures have "cracks" on them now.

Camera broken?-img_00000943.jpg

Posted via CB10
    01-24-14 10:31 PM
    Okay, a question or two:

The pictures from the other day - they WERE FINE initially? And the copies you sent other people were fine? Can you get one of them back?

Also, download or send yourself some other pictures? How do they look? Could it be the Picture app that is acting up and not the actual pictures?

Try a restart:

Press and HOLD both Vol Up/Down buttons. Keep holding while the screen goes fully black (ignore the screenshot), keep holding through the Black/White logo and when the Colored Logo shows up, release those buttons.

If you have the STL100-1 variant the volume button reset method doesn't work. In that case, Press and HOLD the Power On Button until you see the LOGO as above
    01-24-14 11:11 PM
    They were fine initially, i only noticed this last night. Unless i somehow didnt notice them or the person who recieved them didnt notice. But its pretty hard not too. And i can get copies, o tried sending a pic to myself and still has these cracks. Did a restart and still didnt work -___-

Posted via CB10
    01-25-14 12:13 AM
    Try your front facing camera. If there is no 'crack' there, you have something on your lens. It may be microscopic and on the inside

Posted via CB10
    01-25-14 12:26 AM
    Front facing camera works fine

Posted via CB10
    01-25-14 02:01 AM
    So, when viewing OTHER images, not ones from the questionable camera, they show up correctly? Depending on your version of the OS, you might be able to reload just the camera BAR file (others can point to where you can find it) or reload the entire OS using an Autoloader (does not wipe your device). Or you can reload the device OS and start fresh AFTER YOU BACKUP your data.

If it is hardware, you might still have a warranty claim. Check for lint or hair. Use magnifying glass to examine the camera.
    01-25-14 09:16 AM
    Camera HW has one protective glass, and small lens inside. To me this lines on photos looks exactly like cracked lens. If it's not one to the outside (one you can touch), it's most likely inside one that's broken. Not sure how it's possible to do that, but somehow you did it.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-14 09:36 AM
    Can you replace that lens or do you need a new phone?

Posted via CB10
    01-25-14 12:17 PM
    I'm not sure that it's very good idea to do that by yourself if you don't have any previous experience with phone hardware service.
    Take phone to your closest authorized service and see what will they tell you.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-14 01:14 PM
    Ahahah nono i wouldnt do it myself. Just wondering if its a possibility. Or do i have to get a new phone, thinkn maybe a z30

Posted via CB10
    01-25-14 03:24 PM
    Mine also is broken, my Z10 felt down the stairs (5 steps) . The only damage to my phone is the broken camera. I have the same line in my pictures.

I'm planning to replace it by myself unless it's a cheap repair.

Please let me know how much costs the repair if you go to the repair shop.

Camera broken?-img_00001834_hdr.jpg

Posted via CB10
    01-25-14 03:29 PM
    Alrite will do

Posted via CB10
    kolowosh likes this.
    01-25-14 03:55 PM
    01-25-14 05:10 PM
    I think ive come to the conclusion its probably just cracked and not a software problem. Just never noticed them before, wondering if theres a place that could replace that lens or would i have to send it in. Dont wana go through the hassle of dealing with my carrier and getting a loaner phone would rather just buy a z30 or get the lens fixed if its possible

Posted via CB10
    01-25-14 06:11 PM