Here's a request / challenge for anyone game to try. I have 2 powermat doors that I used on older phones. I would love for powermat to have a Z10 model, but I fear it will be a long wait. I did see a video on YouTube of someone wiring a Palm (I think it was Palm) wireless charging system to an android device, and was wondering if the same can be done with the Z10.

Anyone know enough about the insides of these phones to know how this can be done?

Thanks in advance
    03-17-13 08:47 PM
    Here's a request / challenge for anyone game to try. I have 2 powermat doors that I used on older phones. I would love for powermat to have a Z10 model, but I fear it will be a long wait. I did see a video on YouTube of someone wiring a Palm (I think it was Palm) wireless charging system to an android device, and was wondering if the same can be done with the Z10.

Anyone know enough about the insides of these phones to know how this can be done?

Thanks in advance
    +1 I'd love that feature. Coming from an HP Veer, I can't believe such an advanced smartphone doesn't have this feature.
    03-17-13 08:51 PM
    I would also like to see this attempted. I may give it a shot. Did a similar mod on my Galaxy Nexus. Just not sure how to get around NFC on the battery door on this one.
    03-25-13 06:37 PM
    On eBay they have NFC kits for the S3, I was thinking about buying one and try hooking it up with the Z10. Still thinking about it though.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 06:52 PM
    You have to be careful because different phones take different amounts of power through charging and it could mess up your phone/battery if it's too high of a charge. Look into Qi Standards because I know that the Nokia/Nexus/Palm wireless charging orbs/mats use different standards and it is dangerous for a i.e Lumia 920 to charge using a Palm stand.

There hasn't been enough hardware mods for the Z10 yet and this is on my list of things I would love to see happen to the Z10.

Posted with my AT&T BlackBerry Z10
    03-25-13 10:55 PM
    The palms doesn't use Qi charging that's why you can't use them with a Nexus 4 and a Lumai 920

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 11:07 PM
    The palms doesn't use Qi charging that's why you can't use them with a Nexus 4 and a Lumai 920

Posted via CB10
    Ohhh okay. But the Lumia 920 does charge on the Palm Touchstone but it isn't good for the device. I recall seeing a story or forum post on wpcentral about it and explaining why it wont

Posted with my AT&T BlackBerry Z10
    03-25-13 11:20 PM
    I will be keeping an eye on this...hope someone takes the leap.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 05:19 PM
    Wireless charging is about the most overrated thing on the market right now. My previous phone was a Nexus 4, and I got an energizer charging pad for it. It was incredibly gimmicky and unreliable. I prefer using a cable. With that said, options are always good.
    04-03-13 05:33 PM
    I must disagree, I think wireless charging is great. Set your phone on a mat or build the mat into a shelf or wall or car holder and it charges...if you get a notification pick it up, when u're done put it back down and it charges.

No worries about the cable, breaking the port,..if it had wireless backup and wireless charging we'd never need to plug it in...

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 05:45 PM
    Wireless charging is about the most overrated thing on the market right now. My previous phone was a Nexus 4, and I got an energizer charging pad for it. It was incredibly gimmicky and unreliable. I prefer using a cable. With that said, options are always good.
    I've got a Lumia 920 with the Nokia wireless charging plate and it's not the least bit gimmicky. I'd love to see this on the Z10 or future BlackBerry devices.

Posted via my left thumb
    04-03-13 06:01 PM
    Some one brought up the Energizer charging mat. If you're comparing that to a power mat, then you've never used a power mat. I agree that the Energizer one is beyond useless but I used a power mat on two previous phones and their great. I have th universal adapter for my mat, but would really prefer a door or it to be fabricated like the you tube video I saw with the Android phone.

Really hoping someone with bigger balls and brains than me is willing to figure this out for us

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 09:31 PM
    Deleted...
    04-03-13 09:37 PM
    Anyone? No? Too bad, I think this would be awesome on the Z10.

Ponch using BlackBerry 10 CraxkBerry App
    05-07-13 07:15 AM