From the Number Pad, pull down top of screen and select settings icon. This gets you a list of settings, Select Call Blocking. Wait for upload. Change a setting and the device asks for a password. Enter a password and then it comes back to say that Call Blocking has not been set. 1) What password is it looking for? 2) How can I block single callers instead of all calls?
    03-06-13 12:18 AM
    This is Carrier option (not device. It's same other phones).
    1. Password could be SIM card PIN.
    2. There is some blacklist apps for that need.
    03-06-13 09:45 AM
    Individual number blocking would be useful. I've had a look in BlackBerry World and can't see anything like that.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-13 11:43 AM
    nothing yet, I've just added a silent mp3 file as the ring tone for those I don't want to deal with So it rings but I don't hear it
    03-06-13 03:48 PM
    [QUOTE=TheDool;8076071]From the Number Pad, pull down top of screen and select settings icon. This gets you a list of settings, Select Call Blocking. Wait for upload. Change a setting and the device asks for a password. Enter a password and then it comes back to say that Call Blocking has not been set. 1) What password is it looking for? 2) How can I block single callers instead of all calls?[/QUOT

I'm having the exact same message when trying to block all incoming calls.
    I called the carrier and they said they are not responsible for any of the dysfunctioning. They suggested to call RIM technical support.
    If you have an answer to this mystery, I believe you'll share - as shall I-
    05-07-13 12:38 PM
    nothing yet, I've just added a silent mp3 file as the ring tone for those I don't want to deal with So it rings but I don't hear it
    I am using the above method for call blocking (call silencing is a more appropriate description), and while it works there are several drawbacks:
    - you need to setup a silent mp3 file on your device - this can be beyond many userss system literacy
    - there is no silencing the first call from a new telemarketing number; you have to deal with that call
    - each new telemarketing number has to be added as a contact then set to the silent tone
    - telemarketing numbers accumulate quickly and start to fill the contacts
    - one needs a system of naming the silenced contacts to identify them, and send them to the bottom of the contact list, for example, ZZZSPAM001, in the company name
    - this method does not work for Private Number/Unidentified Caller where no number is displayed - a common ploy used by telemarketers

The opposite approach is one I saw in an earlier post, which is to use the Parental Controls to block all calls except for those in the contact list. I tried this, and a call from a number not in my contacts went directly to voice mail.
    I may switch to this method, but my main concern is whether I might miss a time-sensitive call because the caller isn't in my contacts.

My conclusion: BB10 badly needs a robust call blocker.
    05-07-13 01:50 PM