Anyone have any info as to if and/or when BlackBerry will allow DEVs to build a call blocking app that allows you to block specific numbers? I don't understand why this has not been allowed with OS10 to this point. Frankly, and speaking only for myself, it is precisely the lack of that kind of call blocking app that keeps me from using my Z10 as my daily driver. It aggravates me because I think the Z10 is a great device.
    Last edited by shaleem; 04-07-14 at 02:36 PM.
    04-07-14 01:37 PM
    No plans yet I've seen come from blackberry.

Posted via CB from my LE
    shaleem likes this.
    04-07-14 02:45 PM
    Look on Crack Berry news. The app Auto Block is on sale. This may be what you are looking for. You CAN block individual numbers.
    I like your avatar. I was in the such for a few years myself.

Posted via CB10
    shaleem likes this.
    04-07-14 02:57 PM
    Look on Crack Berry news. The app Auto Block is on sale. This may be what you are looking for. You CAN block individual numbers.

Posted via CB10
    SMS/Email blocking only with this app.

Posted via CB10 on my beautiful Q10
    shaleem likes this.
    04-07-14 03:06 PM

Posted via CB10
    This app is not for phone calls.
    shaleem likes this.
    04-07-14 03:14 PM
    I have the app. Phone numbers are blocked as keywords for spam sms. So no phone call blocking yet.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-14 09:52 PM
    I stand corrected.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-14 09:52 PM
    I cant believe my beloved BB10 doesnt have call blocking native.

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.2228, Z30, Z10, iP5, SGS3
    ProjectBrett and aming63 like this.
    04-07-14 09:56 PM
    Yeah im not gonna lie. Its pathetic that bb10 doesnt have a call blocker when android ios windows and os7.1 have call blockers but bb10 not a chance. Why??? Madness!!!!

Posted via R115-Aramis.
    huggabugg likes this.
    04-07-14 11:36 PM
    Use parents control in security and privacy setting.. u can blocked calls and sms which not in your contacts. No other choice at the monents

Posted via CB10
    04-08-14 12:03 AM
    You can use callx by viethop softwares in blackberry world. Its a pretty good software

Posted via CB10
    04-08-14 12:30 AM
    I've even tried some Android apps which are offering white list or black list, but without success. My android favourite is Auto ring. I loved OS7 option to set profile override for specific contacts.

Sent from my Lumia 925 Tapatalk
    04-08-14 12:31 AM
    Well, after reading tonnes of threads on blocking numbers/messages on Q10, I accidently discovered how to do that.

Tap Settings
    Tap Security and Privacy
    Tap Parental Controls
    Enter a password
    Under the title: Phone and Text Message Restrictions
    Tap the square box for the Phone calls from contacts only
    Tap the square box for the Text Messages from contacts only

That should do it.
    shaleem likes this.
    04-08-14 05:44 AM
    Can anyone confirm that voicemails are allowed from blocked callers not in contact list?

Feeding my CrackBerry addiction on my Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.2947 via CB10
    04-08-14 07:57 AM
    Can anyone confirm that voicemails are allowed from blocked callers not in contact list?

Feeding my CrackBerry addiction on my Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.2947 via CB10
    Easy enough to check (I think), use a non-contact phone and call your cell? Are you forwarded to voice mail?
    04-08-14 09:03 AM
    Easy enough to check (I think), use a non-contact phone and call your cell? Are you forwarded to voice mail?
    I can confirm that voicemails are allowed from blocked callers NOT in the contact list. Yes, very silly. My 9900 was able to block unwanted calls!
    wolfee48, shaleem and andreirad like this.
    04-08-14 01:12 PM
    blocking individuals are needed..an option to block them please do this some times I get annoying calls n can't block them I don't need any 3rd party apps I wish to have only blackberry apps never outside of it

Posted via CB10
    LoneStarRed and shaleem like this.
    04-08-14 09:19 PM
    Agreed.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-14 10:55 PM
    Just looked at Callx. It DOES NOT block individual calls!

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 06:30 PM
    AS 12-apr-2014 THERE IS NOT A SINGLE APP THAT WORKS AS A BLACKLIST/CALL-BLOCKER

The statement above is really important, DO NOT buy any "call block app" or you will get scammed. Actually as i see it almost 80% of the BlackBerry market apps are scams, you have to be extremely careful about what you buy there, no refounds later.

What really happens is BB 10 api doesn't have the functionality to allow developers to create a real black list app, since the beginnings of 2013 (march, april) users are BEGGING to have a call blocking app you can see it in this forum or even in the official BB forum, as today BB didn't give a f*ck about their users needs and doesn't plan to make a native call blocking or give the api tools to the developers.

An enterprise targeted phone without the ability to block private numbers or telemarketers or whatever... it seems like a joke doesn't it ? well sadly is not !
    04-14-14 06:20 AM
    Since there had been so many OS upgrades till now, I'm starting to believe there will be no blacklist/whitelist app in the future. Maybe they can't work it out and program an API which would allow call blocking/ silent override. This feature exists in all other platforms in some form, so I don't believe Blackberry just hasn' t thought about it.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-14 06:10 PM
    It seriously irritates me that I was able to block calls on all of my past BB devices, and yet can't do it on the Z10!!!
    shaleem likes this.
    04-18-14 07:56 PM
    BlackBerry has no Plan yet to bring us Devs a API with the needed Functions.

First Thorsten Heins said, it will come with the Release of the Headless API(s). But later they said, there is currently No Plan for it. And also not as a OS integrated Option.

BlackBerry still says, the People demanding this is not high enough for integrating it in the OS. They have other Priorities and it is even not the "Wanted List". Plus, they never gave a official Reason til today for back holding the API to the Public.

But in reality, 1000s of People keep staying on / switching back to the old BBOS or leaving the BB Platform at all. Since Months. They simply keep making the same mistakes like under the Lazaridis Era - When all the Fuss is true, which I have read in the last 12 Months. This is my first BlackBerry Device.

Anyway:
    The API:

Well like always no Direct Statement from BlackBerry itself. Some Devs in the Developer Forum said already a few Months ago and "between the lines", that they didn't find a way til today, to give us the needed Functions and make it at the same time safe enough, that a Dev could not "misuse" it to Steal Data. Remember such a API / Functions need Headless or "Deep Core" Access right? This is one of the reasons, the API will not be published in the SDKs. This info stays til today: Many of us keep asking at least once a Month.

Android Apps:

Safe your Money Ladys and Gents. It simply can not work as

A.) Android Apps running in a Sandbox = No Access to Core / System Functions of that kind.

B.) No use of native Code within the App.

And even if a Dev would implement some Native Code before the repackaging / converting: There is no API yet for this. And when there would be such a API, it is still running in a Sandbox...

Sorry for the long Post. And Sorry for the bad english - I am German

Oliver

Via CB10 App / [email protected]
    shaleem likes this.
    04-19-14 03:51 AM
    Don't worry, its perfectly clear. Blackberry doesn't have plans for call blocking feature.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-14 05:33 AM
    That's why I'm leaving this gorgeous (!) phone...bye bye BB10.
    06-07-14 09:39 AM
36 12