Hey guys,

I seem to be having an issue with my screen and i can't tell if it's the screen protector or screen itself.

If you have a flip shell case like me and a screen protector, does it appear that there is a "Burned" in line down the center of the phone? It lines up perfects with the divet on the case which is raised inwards. I am hoping that I don't have to remove my screen protector to really look.

It appears as though there is a ghost if a line down the middle and most evident with a white background like BBM. I just found this today when I turned up the brightness and tried desperately to wipe it away with no avail. Just imagine if you had burned in an imagine into your new lcd tv and the ghost line remains.

Mind you, I don't have a matte finish screen protector and really am torn what to do. Rogers is offering to give me a refurbished device or repair mine if the screen had the burned in line going from top to bottom after o remove the skin.

Any thoughts? Does anyone else have this issue with this case and screen protector?

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 09:28 AM
    I had that exact same issue. Used the OEM Flip case and a BodyGuardz screen protector. After a while I started to notice a yellowish line down the middle. Tried cleaning it with everything I could think of, but nothing could get it out. Eventually took off the screen protector and put on a new one. Good as new! Also ditched the Flip Shell... while I liked it, I didn't like what it did to screen protectors, and I would have liked it a lot more if it had a magnet to actually keep it closed.
    04-17-13 09:53 AM
    Alas! I am not the only one going crazy!

Yes, we'll than this mystery is solved Watson. The worst part about it is that these screen protectors are not cheap and now I have to ditch the case too. I presume this will only get worse with time.

What case did you end up going with now?

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 09:58 AM
    Alas! I am not the only one going crazy!

Yes, we'll than this mystery is solved Watson. The worst part about it is that these screen protectors are not cheap and now I have to ditch the case too. I presume this will only get worse with time.

What case did you end up going with now?

Posted via CB10
    I did notice that the mark got a little worse over time. It eventually really started to annoy me so I had to take it off. Changed out case and screen protector and haven't had that problem since.

I'm alternating between the Transform case and a Case Mate Tough Case. I'm also using the screen protector that came with the Transform case. It's the best one I've tried yet!

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 10:08 AM
    How are you finding the transform case? I am a tad worried the device won't have the same kind of coverage as the flip did. I love how the flip case goes all the way around the device.

Any issues? I was looking at the tough case as well, what are your thoughts?

Anyone want to buy my flip shell haha?

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 10:18 AM
    I like the transform case...I felt the same way though. It provides more protection than I thought it would, but not as much as the Flip did. However, I did install a BestSkinsEver full body skin on it, so that at least protects from scratches and things. Probably won't be very useful in a drop though, but I try to be careful.

I really like the Tough Case - it's what I'm using right now. Provides some nice protection (similar to an Otterbox Commuter) and I feel that the device is safe in there. I wish the ports on the side were covered, but that's not really a big deal.

I use the Tough Case when I feel I have a greater chance of me dropping it (out on weekends, etc...) although, I do put it on here and there. Then I go back to the Transform. I'm a case addict, so I'm always jumping back and forth and trying new ones though
    04-17-13 10:41 AM
    I use the "flip case", and have an IShieldz screen protector on my z10. It's been this way, since I first got it. I have no such issues.
    04-17-13 10:44 AM
    No issues for me. With a flip case and no name protector

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 11:12 AM
    Have the flip shell with the Zagg protector and no issues at all.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 11:32 AM
    I have been using Clear Protector as screen protector and flip shell and have no issues. I wonder if it's the quality of the screen protector....
    04-17-13 11:45 AM
    Hey guys,

I seem to be having an issue with my screen and i can't tell if it's the screen protector or screen itself.

If you have a flip shell case like me and a screen protector, does it appear that there is a "Burned" in line down the center of the phone? It lines up perfects with the divet on the case which is raised inwards. I am hoping that I don't have to remove my screen protector to really look.

It appears as though there is a ghost if a line down the middle and most evident with a white background like BBM. I just found this today when I turned up the brightness and tried desperately to wipe it away with no avail. Just imagine if you had burned in an imagine into your new lcd tv and the ghost line remains.

Mind you, I don't have a matte finish screen protector and really am torn what to do. Rogers is offering to give me a refurbished device or repair mine if the screen had the burned in line going from top to bottom after o remove the skin.

Any thoughts? Does anyone else have this issue with this case and screen protector?

Posted via CB10
    I have the flip case and no screen protector and I get the "Dust" line down the middle. No biggie for me to deal with.

Posted Via CB10 on my Zed10
    04-17-13 11:49 AM
    The appearance of the line depends on if I put the device in my dirty/dusty coat pocket.

04-17-13 11:51 AM
    I have the flip case and no screen protector and I get the "Dust" line down the middle. No biggie for me to deal with.

I get this same "dust" line with my Ghost Armor screen protector and Flip Case. Simple wipe of the screen with a BlackBerry cleaning cloth and the line is gone.
    04-17-13 11:53 AM
    I just get dust in that spot, a quick wipe and it's gone!

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 12:02 PM
    Hmm,

I am getting some ghosting that is not really dust hut appears to have stained the skin. I cannot get rid of it for the life of me.

For those that have no issues at all, are your skins matte or clear finish?

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 01:23 PM