Hi,

Should the Z10 with the latest software automatically sync the calendar appointments with Outlook on the PC?

It works fine when I put them into the PC's Outlook - they quickly arrive on the Z10.

Does it need to be done with BB Link? From the PC top the Z10 its done over wifi etc.

Thanks for your help with this.
    08-25-13 11:25 AM
    Hi,

Should the Z10 with the latest software automatically sync the calendar appointments with Outlook on the PC?

It works fine when I put them into the PC's Outlook - they quickly arrive on the Z10.

Does it need to be done with BB Link? From the PC top the Z10 its done over wifi etc.

Thanks for your help with this.
    Have you tried syncing with BB Link, hardwired? My take on this, it does need BB Link to sync them. It may also depend on your set up.
    08-25-13 12:43 PM
    Be sure to check which calendar you're posting to. It might be that you're just posting to your "local" calendar..

Posted via CB10
    08-25-13 12:46 PM
    Might want to go to settings, accounts, and set up default accounts if you haven't already.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-13 12:50 PM
    Guys, sorry for hijacking the thread, but I didn't wanna start a new thread to ask. Since there is no BB protect feature to back up local calendar entries, I am thinking of using either outlook.com (hotmail) or google calendar. Which one is better and has less issues? I would not want sync and back up issues. Please help. Thanks.
    08-26-13 11:50 AM
    Hi,

Thanks for you both for your help on this - the issue was that the correct default calendar hadn't been set up (by me!), and there was a lag in active sync/Outlook exchanging contacts.

Your help is appreciated.
    08-26-13 02:35 PM
    Hi, I set mine up to use Outlook.com and it was straightforward and with active sync, it all works very well, with no issues at all.
    08-29-13 04:16 AM
    With BB10, here is what I have done:

I have my Blackberry using Outlook.com as the default calendar and contacts connection.

Then I have my Outlook software using Outlook.com as the default calendar and contacts.

This allows for wireless sync to happen between my Blackberry and my desktop Outlook software. I can also add multiple desktops and Blackberry 10 devices that need to share the same information. (Like a family using a common calendar.)

I 'used' to use Google. But to sync properly from the desktop, you need the Google sync program to run in the background of your PC. Google doesn't allow for contacts synchronization. So I had to use both Google and Outlook together to make this work. (I was doing this because my wife had an older BB that didn't support Outlook calendar sync.)

In short... for BB10 OS, use the Outlook service for sync.
    05-09-14 10:57 AM