My reminders for my calendar notifications are not working. I can add the item to my calendar but the reminders don't alert me anymore. I even spent $5 on an app for my calendar, but I don't get reminders that way either. Thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 12:01 PM
    There should be no need for an external app. By setting up your email accounts in BB10, you should be able to utilize your email provider's online calendar services via Caldav or Activesync (Hotmail and Outlook.com). The issue with calendar reminders not working is usually related to poor implementation of the web standards for Caldav from the email providers.

I would suggest logging into your email account, going to the calendar section, and then checking the settings for reminders. On the Z10, go into the calendar, pull down for settings, and check you default meeting reminder setting.

Also, pull down in the calendar app and hit "manage." There, be sure that you have your online calendar account selected. Then, go to the general settings from the main screen and select "accounts." Then hit "Set Defaults." From there, make sure that your default calendar is associated with the email account that your using for calendar.

Assuming that all of those things are in order, the calendar reminders should work.

Bear in mind that I use Gmail and I can only get a standard 15 minute reminder working. I can't seem to choose the interval for the reminder. If someone has a solution to that, I'd love to hear it!

Hope this helps!
    12-04-13 12:12 PM
    I am facing the same issue regarding the my native calender.
    After I save a event in the calender, the calender shows the event at that point of time. But the moment I close the calender app and reopen it again, the event is not shown on the calender. But if I search the same event in the calender by using search option, I can find the event.
    I tried every solution, I even reinstalled the OS again but the problem is there.
    Can someone please help us out.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 12:29 PM
    Thanks for your reply. I have tried all those tips and I am still having issues. I have calendar synced with my yahoo account so I don't know if that makes a difference. I'm still not getting my calendar reminders / notifications

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 12:48 PM
    I'm hoping someone can jump in with more advice. I was using iCloud for awhile but had to stop because it quit syncing and there doesn't seem to be a fix. I remember switching to Yahoo for a little while a it seemed to work okay but wasn't very reliable. Now I'm on Gmail with very few problems. I know that the best integration is with Outlook.com since that's on Activesync. I've set up a lot of friends on Outlook.com for email, calendar and contacts integration with zero problems. In fact, I would have made the switch a long time ago but the native Mac applications on my computer won't support the outlook.com address book or calendar.
    12-04-13 05:01 PM
    I get the same thing. Can't figure out why it starts happening, but the only way I've found to fix it this far is turning off my phone and turning it back on. This is on a q10. Anyone with a real fix please let us know!

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 09:22 AM
    I know this might be painful to do but have you guys tried removing the accounts associated with the calendar, rebooting, then re-adding these accounts back?
    12-05-13 09:40 AM
    I am having the same problem and have searched and search and still not found an answer. At least now I might know why I occasionally get them and it must be when I restart my phone and then it goes away again. I hope someone comes up with a solution because a calendar without a reminder isn't that great...
    12-10-13 05:27 PM
    I am having the same problem and have searched and search and still not found an answer. At least now I might know why I occasionally get them and it must be when I restart my phone and then it goes away again. I hope someone comes up with a solution because a calendar without a reminder isn't that great...
    You don't get reminder's when you add events? Or for events associated with particular calendar accounts?
    12-10-13 09:51 PM
    Dman2009, I use Gmail and get an hour notification. Did you try going to the event in the calendar app, on top next to the icons is an >, click on that to open where you can set your specifies reminder time.

Calendar notifications-img_00000324.png

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 10:13 PM
    I can open my calendar and view it on my Q10, but it used to have little reminders pop up on my screen so I remembered to do the things on the calendar. That feature no longer works. I have my Work Outlook calendar on my Q10 along with my work email.. At work, my reminders still pop up telling me about a meeting, birthday, etc.. But.. On my phone, nothing reminds me. I have to continually look at my calendar every few hours when I'm away from my work computer. IRRITATING.. But.. The Q10 is kind of a "piece of work in progress". If anyone has an solution, I would love to hear it.
    12-11-13 12:34 PM
    Also.. I don't show things as EVENTS like you have listed.. They are just things that come from my Exchange Outlook and are on my calendar - I don't add "EVENTS" to my phone. I just put things on my work calendar thru outlook. Does that make sense? Always worked my every prior BB I have ever had.
    12-11-13 07:37 PM
    Also.. I don't show things as EVENTS like you have listed.. They are just things that come from my Exchange Outlook and are on my calendar - I don't add "EVENTS" to my phone. I just put things on my work calendar thru outlook. Does that make sense? Always worked my every prior BB I have ever had.
    Have you tried removing the Outlook account and re adding it?
    12-12-13 08:42 AM
    I have a similar problem occasionally with my alerts for the local calendar on my Z10. I have reminders set to take medication a couple of times a day (most of you will understand that some day! ),but every so often the alerts don't go off. The only thing I found to do is restart. Then it's working again. Doesn't happen on a regular basis.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 02:41 PM