Hello,

I have been a long time BB user and just a day ago switched to the Z10. Based on the changes in OS10 I have a lot of learning to do . I have started to learn a lot of the new features but am struggling with one aspect. Specifically about composing email messages in Outlook.

When I do that I get what appear to be cached email address below the To: field. The problem I notice is these names remain unchanged no matter what email has been sent. Additionally they are names I am not frequently using. However, I can NOT find a way to change these or turn the feature off which would be my preference. I have searched Google and countless forums but can't find a fix.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
    07-12-13 10:08 PM
    are you using an exchange email that is tied to work?
    07-12-13 10:17 PM
    I wondered about this myself.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 10:35 PM
    Yes the Outlook account is a work account using Exchange servers
    07-12-13 11:25 PM
    There is an option in BlackBerry legacy devices (OS7) to remove the cached email addresses but this is not available on Bb10 devices. I researched this two months ago when i got my z10.

Posted with my amazing Z10
    07-13-13 12:53 AM
    I did find the information on how to clear cached email addresses on legacy devices(os6/os7). By going to Messages-options -General options etc.

However, I have still NOT been able to find a similar option for OS10. So far it amazes me how it seems as if OS10 is still is a worki in progress (missing so much) even though its a Production Release operating system.

I really hope these is a way to remove these names or better yet turn off the feature because for me it's inaccurate and nothing but an annoyance with names that I infrequently use or don't need.
    07-13-13 01:25 AM
    Contact Kris...resident genius...

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 02:52 AM
    I did find the information on how to clear cached email addresses on legacy devices(os6/os7). By going to Messages-options -General options etc.

However, I have still NOT been able to find a similar option for OS10. So far it amazes me how it seems as if OS10 is still is a worki in progress (missing so much) even though its a Production Release operating system.

I really hope these is a way to remove these names or better yet turn off the feature because for me it's inaccurate and nothing but an annoyance with names that I infrequently use or don't need.
    I am amazed myself how sophisticated BB10 is in some instances like Remote File Access, and then utter and epic fail on basic functions like this or custom SMS Ring tones!?
    There is stuff left out that makes you shake your head, regardless if this is a new platform or not. Those basic functions were nothing new, so there is no real excuse.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 08:17 AM
    Sure hope this will be addressed in future updates.
    07-13-13 08:28 AM
    Don't bet on it. Even the latest 10.2 leaks have custom SMS Ring tones...

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 08:31 AM
    Based on the replies from everyone (thank you). It appears that there is NO way to currently removed the cached email names on OS 10? It's weird that if this is true some of the most basic and simple functionality has been missed. It's also more annoying because you have names there that may or may not be relevant anymore. Would've great to be able to remove them or as in (os6/os7) be able to turn off the feature.

Having used BB for over 15+ yrs and having another non BB device it amazes me how BB release a new os that took years to finally get out. Now they are still working out the basics that have been around for years.
    07-13-13 08:51 AM
    Don't suppose anyone's made any progress with this since?

Posted via CB10
    09-14-13 01:53 AM
    Update 10.2 - the cached email adresses are still there - and I can't find the "delete-button" :-(
    10-28-13 09:27 AM
    There's an app for that. The UI makes it feel cheesy, but it seemed to work for me. The result was actually better than I hoped for too. I had one cached address I typed wrong and that was removed
    You still see the names of everyone you recieved a message from when you start typing in the To: field.

Just go in the app store and search for cache.
    12-11-13 03:39 PM
    So annoying. I was happy to get unlimited email sync (way, way back in time) for my Exchange mail [with the 10.2 update], but that brought along with it cached email addresses for anyone I've ever sent or received an email from. It even brings up email addresses for people I've never emailed! For example, I went to email 'mom' the other day, and I emailed someone else's mom. I guess at some point in time they emailed me and their 'mom', and now thats in my cache and comes up whenever I go to email my mom.

Also when I email myself it keeps coming up with old email addresses that I haven't used in over 5 years. It keeps doing it even after sending multiple messages to my current email address. And one of them is the correct email address, but it has my name as part of the email address, so it rejects because it's not proper email address format.

Like I said, I was thrilled to get unlimited email sync, but this is ridiculous.
    12-20-13 01:21 AM
    Yeah, it would be nice if they added this by now.

I accidentally email the wrong address sometimes, because someone emailed me with the wrong TO address (as well as a correct email-enabled distribution group - which is how I still got the email anyway), so now it's on my list and I see it pop up every.freakin'.time. I email a person and want to CC myself.

I believe iPhone recently added a feature where you can delete "defunct" addresses by clicking on the "i" icon next to the address and choosing remove address... something to that effect. I wish they would add this function.
    01-31-14 11:36 AM