I use my work SG2 for business and use an app called My work schedule. I'm trying to.use my Z10 for everything business and having a hard time with calendar and remember doing what I want so I finally went looking for third party app and can't find a single native business app???? Really?

What are you business guys using and could recommend for a contractor/business owner to schedule jobs and appointments?

Business users please.. I'm not looking for remember milk checklist app.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 08:13 AM
    As for appointments I would use the calendar. It does everything I need for that purpose.
    You got "Remember" for tasks etc.

What features are lacking in the two that you'd require a third party app for?
    Maybe "Evernote" can help you out?
    06-10-13 08:41 AM
    Oh my calendar is a mess and won't do what I want it to. First it won't unsync birthdays and birthdays for some reason are default all day events. My calendar birthdays are also doubled up and it's pretty impossible to learn how to organize this properly. I've spent months and months trying to figure it out and even my threads here go unanswered, I can only spend so.much energy and so.much time trying to.find answers in forums and youtube. Everyday is grey'd out so birthdays take precedence over all my other tasks.

Remember app is no good until they decide to add times to items. It also won't remind me that I forgot a task. Having all my daily tasks show up at 9am along with birthdays and then not see them again doesn't work for me so I would like something more manageable and easy to use.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Bdot-1; 06-10-13 at 09:36 AM.
    06-10-13 09:16 AM
    Evernote looks like it would fit the bill. There's an Android app you can side load. Hope it helps!

- Epically posted via CB10 on Z10!
    06-10-13 10:03 AM
    I use my calendar app for appointments but would like the ability to add participants WITHOUT an email being sent out to each contact name I add. I just want the contact(s) name to be shown so I can bring them up for review of a note or other reason.
    Does anyone know of a way to turn off the auto email feature?

Posted via CB10
    cbzeduser and DocDRM like this.
    06-10-13 10:36 AM
    The best one I have come across is Get It Done. Allows you assign tags and projects to your tasks; allows you to filter, and gives due dates, etc. They also have a desktop version (cloud) that syncs with my PC and iPad.

My ultimate favorite was ToDoMatrix for BlackBerry which was a relatively sophisticated task/project manager. I have been trying to get them to develop for Z10.

Best.
    06-10-13 11:00 AM
    Did you try Viira?

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 11:47 AM
    I use my calendar app for appointments but would like the ability to add participants WITHOUT an email being sent out to each contact name I add. I just want the contact(s) name to be shown so I can bring them up for review of a note or other reason.

Posted via CB10
    I would be interested in this also. A lot of scheduled time is not meeting time, but time calling or otherwise contacting people. It would be EXTREMELY useful to attach contacts to appointments without having to send an email invite.
    DocDRM and nycspaces. like this.
    06-10-13 12:33 PM
    I would be interested in this also. A lot of scheduled time is not meeting time, but time calling or otherwise contacting people. It would be EXTREMELY useful to attach contacts to appointments without having to send an email invite.
    Not sure if I'm following this correctly, but when you add someone to an event, you should get a pop up that allows you to decline sending an email invitation to the participants. This is what the pop up looks like:

Business scheduling apps?-img_00000171.png

Posted via CB10
    macwild, cbzeduser and lsf222 like this.
    06-10-13 01:06 PM
    This helps some. Here is what I would like. Currently if you bring up the calendar event that has a participant showing, you see the name. If you press on it their email address is shown. I would like it to bring up the complete contact's screen. With phone number, address, etc.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 02:51 PM
    This helps some. Here is what I would like. Currently if you bring up the calendar event that has a participant showing, you see the name. If you press on it their email address is shown. I would like it to bring up the complete contact's screen. With phone number, address, etc.

Posted via CB10
    Long press and choose the "View Contact" option. It will then open up their entry in the Contacts app.
    06-10-13 02:59 PM
    That is something I have tried before. Hoping it was that simple. I have tried on both. Just the contact name and then on the email address pop down afterwards. Could be my OS version if you are able to do it and I'm not??? I'm on VZW 10.0.9.422. Is your OS any newer?

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 03:24 PM
    I'm on T-Mobile and a 10.1 leak. But this has always worked for me (even when I was on 10.0).

Sounds like you're looking at a meeting invitee for whom you don't have an entry in Contacts. Or maybe you do, but with a different email address, so the Calendar app has no way of linking the two.
    06-10-13 07:36 PM
    That is something I have tried before. Hoping it was that simple. I have tried on both. Just the contact name and then on the email address pop down afterwards. Could be my OS version if you are able to do it and I'm not??? I'm on VZW 10.0.9.422. Is your OS any newer?

Posted via CB10
    Works for me.

Z10STL100-3/10.0.10.822

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 09:29 PM
    Try Slick Tasks. Same as remember with added alarm times and tags.
    Reasonable flexibility.

Only problem is you cannot "flag" an email and have it appear in one of the folders like "unfiled tasks" in remember. This would make it a winner.
    06-10-13 09:51 PM
    Not sure if I'm following this correctly, but when you add someone to an event, you should get a pop up that allows you to decline sending an email invitation to the participants. This is what the pop up looks like:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000171.png 
Views:	474 
Size:	43.4 KB 
ID:	170436

Posted via CB10
    Thanks, I didn't know about that.

But on my phone, the only contacts who show up as "invitable" attendees are contacts whose email address has been entered. Contacts without an email address do not show up. I would like to be able to select from my entire contact list, since many calls/interactions (for example, to new leads, or outbound prospects, or callbacks scheduled to people who have called me) are to people whose email address I do not have.
    06-11-13 12:24 PM
    Thanks, I didn't know about that.

But on my phone, the only contacts who show up as "invitable" attendees are contacts whose email address has been entered. Contacts without an email address do not show up. I would like to be able to select from my entire contact list, since many calls/interactions (for example, to new leads, or outbound prospects, or callbacks scheduled to people who have called me) are to people whose email address I do not have.
    If you don't have an email address for a contact how do you plan on sending them the meeting invite?
    06-11-13 12:40 PM
    I'm on T-Mobile and a 10.1 leak. But this has always worked for me (even when I was on 10.0).

Sounds like you're looking at a meeting invitee for whom you don't have an entry in Contacts. Or maybe you do, but with a different email address, so the Calendar app has no way of linking the two.
    I realized what you were talking. I was long pressing the invitee area and not the people tab at the top of the screen. Got it now. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 12:54 PM
    I use my work SG2 for business and use an app called My work schedule. I'm trying to.use my Z10 for everything business and having a hard time with calendar and remember doing what I want so I finally went looking for third party app and can't find a single native business app???? Really?

What are you business guys using and could recommend for a contractor/business owner to schedule jobs and appointments?

Business users please.. I'm not looking for remember milk checklist app.

Posted via CB10
    I use the native calendar for appointments, native Remember / Evernote for notes, and Wunderlist (side load) for tasks.

Although it's a bit limited, the Remember app could be used for tasks.

In BBW, there are several decent options such as Viira, Slicktasks, Conqu, and others.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 12:58 PM
    If you don't have an email address for a contact how do you plan on sending them the meeting invite?
    At least in my case that is the point. I do not want to email a meeting invite. But want to be able to see a person(s) contact info in the appt on the calendar.
    I didn't test or realize you can't add a contact to the invitee list without an email address. So that messes me up too.

To help explain, except for a few, none of the people I deal with use this type of invite & accept via email process. And believe it or not there are a percentage of them that don't even have a work email.
    We talk on the phone and arrange an appointment. I put this on my calendar to keep track of, don't know what they do to keep track.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 01:22 PM
    At least in my case that is the point. I do not want to email a meeting invite. But want to be able to see a person(s) contact info in the appt on the calendar.
    I didn't test or realize you can't add a contact to the invitee list without an email address. So that messes me up too.

To help explain, except for a few, none of the people I deal with use this type of invite & accept via email process. And believe it or not there are a percentage of them that don't even have a work email.
    We talk on the phone and arrange an appointment. I put this on my calendar to keep track of, don't know what they do to keep track.

Posted via CB10
    I see where you're coming from now. What it sounds like you're looking for is a solid Contact Relationship Management (CRM) app.

That's still a pretty niche market and I don't know of any for BB10.

Maybe use Salesforce.com and use their mobile webapp? At least until the selection in BlackBerry World matures.
    06-11-13 01:40 PM
    Kind of but not a complete CRM. The feature is almost already there. Instead of the whole invite and email it thing, just the ability to link some contact(s) to a calendar event. And now we know even if the contact doesn't have an email address.
    It's just something I would think would be possible with a business platform like BlackBerry.

A couple of years back when I had an Android phone I posed the same question to a couple of 3rd party calendar app developers. Same results then too. Guess it's more involved and difficult to do than I realize.

Maybe later.

Thanks for your help.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 04:36 PM
    That's the point. I don't want to send them an invite. I just want to "attach" a link to the contact or their phone# to the calendar event so I can call them or pull up their contact details from within the event by tapping their name.
    06-12-13 11:19 AM
    That's the point. I don't want to send them an invite. I just want to "attach" a link to the contact or their phone# to the calendar event so I can call them or pull up their contact details from within the event by tapping their name.
    Put that info in the Notes field. The Invitees section is for recipients of the email meeting invite. Think of it as the To line of an email (since that's what it basically is).
    06-12-13 11:48 AM
    I'm in the same boat but the ability isn't quite there yet.
    But we can (if the contact has an email address) invite them and not send the email. Then if you click on the appointment in the calendar and go to the people tab at the top, there they are.
    I'm still sorting out how I'll handle the ones without an email address.

It's not perfect but it's what we got.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 11:59 AM
27 12