So yesterday I noticed that when on the home screen under the phone logo that the "Back" button is burned onto the screen. I've restarted, battery pulled, and it won't go away! Anyone else experiencing this at all? I don't leave apps open when I'm done and screen is set to fade after 20 seconds...HELP!!!

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 01:54 PM
    I never seen or heard about this happening. You should take yours in.

Feel free to add me 24EFEB55
    04-27-13 01:57 PM
    I must admit, confused. Could you provide a screen shot? Beneath my phone logo is my floor. And I do not have a back button.
    Thud Hardsmack and pinkgold like this.
    04-27-13 01:58 PM
    Do a partial swipe up to peek. That will let you see if it is truly burnt in as it gets rid of any icons there.

Posted via CB10
    Grumblegrumble likes this.
    04-27-13 01:59 PM
    Take a screen shot and zoom in on the picture where the "back" is. If it is in the screen shot than its a software issue.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 02:04 PM
    When I partially slide up from the bottom it is still there!!!! Fml!
    And I didn't mean an actual button, sorry...

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 02:07 PM
    Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 02:08 PM
    You have LCD burn in, it's really not as uncommon as one would think. Try this:

plug it in naturally, keep the brightness high, full screen, and make sure the device doesn't go to sleep. This helps peak all the crystals and reset them. You can also gently massage the spot with your thumb during it, apply enough pressure to move the colors, but not to break the lcd or the glass. A few runs of this will/should fix it up.
    mtbdave, diegonei, V22 and 3 others like this.
    04-27-13 02:12 PM
    Tried to attach pic of screen shot but it doesn't want to work...but I can pinch to zoom in on it in the pic.
    It's the back that is on almost every screen when u advance in an app...bottom left corner.
    Guess I'm going to Rogers Monday!!!

Posted via CB10
    olllllo1978 likes this.
    04-27-13 02:13 PM
    plug it in naturally, keep the brightness high, full screen, and make sure the device doesn't go to sleep. This helps peak all the crystals and reset them. You can also gently massage the spot with your thumb during it, apply enough pressure to move the colors, but not to break the lcd or the glass. A few runs of this will/should fix it up.
    Do not do this until you've spoken to your carrier about it. This should not happen with a phone a few months old. Try for a warranty repair/replacement before you start rubbing the screen.
    04-27-13 02:22 PM
    Thanks everyone. I'll live with it till Monday then head to Rogers...and I have screen shots to prove to them I'm not crazy!
    Blackberry 4 Life!!!

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 02:24 PM
    If you have screen shots then it's not burned in. That wouldn't show up. I'd still take it in if it persists.

Posted via CB10
    hennenoe, peter9477 and irweezyy like this.
    04-27-13 02:33 PM
    Hope Rogers doesn't give you a refurbished unit. They have this stupid policy where if it's been longer than 30 says since you bought the device you get a refurbished. Had a bad experience with the Torch 9810 - had to exchange 3 refurbished units before I got one to work properly.

The sound on my Z10 sometimes plays through the speakers and sometimes though headphones when plugged in. Can still live with this problem, but a replacement is on its way that apparently is not going to be refurbished.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 02:34 PM
    Yep! I have noticed just a day or two ago, the exact thing!! Not bad, but there. Been using the Z10 since March 29th. Love BlackBerry, as I've been using them since 09.
    04-27-13 02:57 PM
    Ok I was going to say maybe it was the background picture if you snapped a screen shot and was using it as your background. Try resetting your background to the default and see what happens.

I'm saying this because I went through this and was seeing the same time showing behind the true time and realized it was my screen shot time showing .

Posted via my Zee 10
    dracolnyte and irweezyy like this.
    04-27-13 02:59 PM
    Hope Rogers doesn't give you a refurbished unit. They have this stupid policy where if it's been longer than 30 says since you bought the device you get a refurbished
    Yes, this is a result of BBRY's warranty policy, which kind of leaves people at the mercy of the 'point of sale entity'.

The weird thing is that you buy a phone with a one-year warranty, 2 months later it goes down and you get a refurbished replacement... with a 90 day warranty! I believe this is how it works, please correct me if I'm wrong. Your one-year warranty basically goes poof.
    blueberrymerry likes this.
    04-27-13 03:03 PM
    As long as you are under the 1 year warranty you should be entitled to as many replacements, otherwise it would defeat the purpose of a warranty.

Unless of course Rogers has changed their policy...

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 03:07 PM
    Thanks everyone. I'll live with it till Monday then head to Rogers...and I have screen shots to prove to them I'm not crazy!
    Blackberry 4 Life!!!

Posted via CB10
    How bright is the illumination set for your BlackBerry Z10?

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    04-27-13 03:08 PM
    Tried to attach pic of screen shot but it doesn't want to work...but I can pinch to zoom in on it in the pic.
    It's the back that is on almost every screen when u advance in an app...bottom left corner.
    Guess I'm going to Rogers Monday!!!

Posted via CB10
    Can't you do a screen shot like this (a bit like a game of twister with your fingers) :

Burned image on Z10 screen!!!-img_00000152.png

Posted via CB10 on my Zed10
    04-27-13 03:13 PM
    That's absolutely bizarre! I swear I've had situations with all my 'Berry where I'd plug in my charger and it'd keep the screen on all night and I've never had burn-in.

Hopefully, given the relative recency for the unit's release, they won't *have* many refurbs in stock so they replace your device!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    04-27-13 03:32 PM
    Actually I briefly experienced this yesterday. When performing the "L" gesture I noticed that the battery percentage action from wallpaper hd app outline was visible in the hub. I swiped in and out a few times and it resolved itself. Weird.

Posted from my ZED10
    04-27-13 05:02 PM
    I think your lying!! They barely have any posts and they some some reason can't post a picture? I'm just saying.

I can always be wrong!
    04-27-13 05:14 PM
    That should be: "you're lying."
    sosof, Mr.Willie, mset and 2 others like this.
    04-27-13 06:07 PM
    This just in post count is directly related to level of truth.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 06:22 PM
    Yes, this is a result of BBRY's warranty policy, which kind of leaves people at the mercy of the 'point of sale entity'.

The weird thing is that you buy a phone with a one-year warranty, 2 months later it goes down and you get a refurbished replacement... with a 90 day warranty! I believe this is how it works, please correct me if I'm wrong. Your one-year warranty basically goes poof.

Your are incorrect... The warranty on the refurb unit 90 days or remainder of original 1 year warranty.
    Bla1ze likes this.
    04-27-13 06:31 PM
79 123 ...