Seeing as we users don't have a method to report bugs to Blackberry directly i'm posting this here in the hopes that someone see's it..

Since Gymtechnik isn't making a BB10 app at this time, despite the fact that blackberry owners basically built their business with all the free publicity they got here on crackberry and the fact that they have "best blackberry fitness app as voted by crackberry.com" all over their website.. and since I've yet to find a replacement app to use, I've been forced to use their relatively poor mobile site for the time being.. and in doing so I've discovered a bug that there doesn't seem to be a work around for..

When trying to enter my workout stats into the form fields on their mobile site, the wrong keyboard is popping up.. (I believe it's the keyboard for entering the blackberry PIN for invites and such) and their isn't any way to get to the right one.. I've tried minimizing it and doing the double swipe up.. I've tried swiping down in the middle to see if it switches views like the regular keyboard.. swiping from side to side.. nothing does anything at all.. this is the only keyboard I can get on this website, and it's missing keys that I need to complete the task.. namely the period or decimal key. My run for this day was 3.60 miles.. and since there is no decimal I can only manage to enter it as 360 miles.. not quite the same thing!!

Here is a screen shot I took of the problem..

I'm not sure if anyone else has encountered this on other websites.. but it's certainly an issue that needs addressing.. If anyone from Blackberry is reading this, please give us a little insight.
    Last edited by just_luc; 05-09-13 at 11:24 AM.
    02-07-13 06:43 PM
    This is actually hexadecimal keyboard (0-F)
    02-07-13 06:57 PM
    I believe this is the right keyboard because you are entering numbers only. BB is good at knowing what type of field you are entering info into and will select the most correct keyboard. I hope this helps.
    02-08-13 08:03 AM
    I believe this is the right keyboard because you are entering numbers only. BB is good at knowing what type of field you are entering info into and will select the most correct keyboard. I hope this helps.
    NO. That is incorrect.. the numerical keyboard and the hexidecimal keyboard are two very diffrent things.. the hexidecimal keyboard comes up when entering a BB PIN because PINs are in hex, but it is NOT meant to come up for other numerical entries... it is missing important keys for numerical entries from the most basic periods and comma's to more advance dashes, dollar signs, pound symbol etc.. THIS IS A BUG there is no question about it.. if you re-read the initial post you will see it is physically preventing me from being able to enter 3.60 miles as is required.. and thus preventing me from using the service I pay for.
    02-08-13 12:26 PM
    Why do you assume this is a bug with the device?

It is more likely to be the website that has been coded to recognise devices and provide an appropriate keyboard, and it is more likely that the BB10 handles things slightly differently and they need to update their website.
    02-08-13 12:53 PM
    Why do you assume this is a bug with the device?

It is more likely to be the website that has been coded to recognise devices and provide an appropriate keyboard, and it is more likely that the BB10 handles things slightly differently and they need to update their website.
    I'll grant you that they likely could update their mobile site to request the keyboard in the way BB10 currently requires.. HOWEVER.. seeing as they can't be bothered to design a BB10 app, I can almost guarantee their response if asked will be that their site works perfectly well for iOS and android devices, so Blackberry should update their browser to work with the same keyboard commands as everybody else.. annnnddd.. honestly, they probably aren't wrong. It would be easier for Blackberry to update the browser, then for EVERY mobile site in existance to be updated to Blackberry's specs..
    02-08-13 08:48 PM
    Bump

I wish there was a way to determine someone at BlackBerry was aware of the issue..

I got a response back from the dev yesterday and as expected, they said these was nothing they could do.. BlackBerry needs to fix.

Sent from my BlackBerry Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    02-11-13 07:35 AM
    This problem has been fixed in 10.1 incase anyone is following this thread..
    cinder0008 likes this.
    05-08-13 12:34 PM
    Thanks for the update! I used this app alot on my 9800. Really bummed they are not supporting BB10. I contacted them a month or so ago and said they had no plans! I would be interested if you know of another app for BB10 that was as good as their NexGen app was...
    05-08-13 12:40 PM
    Thanks for the update! I used this app alot on my 9800. Really bummed they are not supporting BB10. I contacted them a month or so ago and said they had no plans! I would be interested if you know of another app for BB10 that was as good as their NexGen app was...
    To be honest, now that this bug has been resolved on Blackberry's side, the gymtechnick mobile site (which they've recently completely overhauled) is working quite well.. I just bookmarked it and added it to the home screen.. I'm not really finding anything I can't do now that I used to do with the app on my 9900..
    05-08-13 12:49 PM
    [BUG REPORT] Wrong keyboard displaying on Z10 when using gymtechnik mobile site-img_00000258.png

[BUG REPORT] Wrong keyboard displaying on Z10 when using gymtechnik mobile site-img_00000260.png

[BUG REPORT] Wrong keyboard displaying on Z10 when using gymtechnik mobile site-img_00000261.png

[BUG REPORT] Wrong keyboard displaying on Z10 when using gymtechnik mobile site-img_00000262.png

[BUG REPORT] Wrong keyboard displaying on Z10 when using gymtechnik mobile site-img_00000263.png

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 12:54 PM