Been constantly having BSODs on my windows 8 laptop (UX31a) after having installed BlackBerry Link I know thats the cause of it because as soon as I uninstall it, bamn! No more of those happen. I haven't tried it since the 10.1 and 1.2 (not sure exactly which one was the latest one) due to the scare of the problem popping up. If someone else has been having this or has solved it, I would greatly appreciate your help!

Thanks
    06-07-13 03:36 PM
    I was having random bsod as well but it had to do with my z10 plugged into usb. Once I stopped plunging my phone into the computer...no more bsod. It seems to be an issue with a number of people with windows 8 computers. No resolutions yet from either BlackBerry or Microsoft. It's a flip of the coin as to who's more at fault with the issue. I know I'm no where near a solution

Posted via CB10
    06-07-13 03:49 PM
    2013 and Microsoft still hasn't gotten their s**t together?

Posted via CB10
    06-07-13 04:16 PM
    Hi,

I was about to create a thread, but figured best practice is to search for one first. Alas, here we are. I, too, thought Link was the culprit, but I noticed that the issue only seems to happen when I plug my Z10 into my Win 8 laptop's USB port. I see someone else posted they had the same issue.

What now? Does adding to this post help anything happen? Do I contact Dell and tell THEM about it, or contact anyone else? How do we go about getting this fixed? I suppose contacting Microsoft?
    07-14-13 06:24 PM
    Same issue. Stupid "Watchdog Violation" message comes up. Annoying.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 06:36 PM
    Windows is such a joke! I haven't had a BSOD in many years, since I went Mac. Yeah, Apple makes good computers even though their phones are kind of weak.
    07-14-13 06:45 PM
    This is a driver issue when using the usb3 ports. The usb3 ports are undervolted by Windows 8 software and consequently very unstable / hardly usable. If you have a usb2 port use that instead and problem solved! Hopefully this gets fixed with the Windows 8 upgrade set for later this summer but it is a known problem. Hope this helps!

Posted via CB10
    luancuvi, eldricho and Outrunner like this.
    07-14-13 07:25 PM
    We get a BSOD on our Vista Toshiba laptop when Link is installed. Only cure was to get rid of it. Oddly enough it works with only a couple issues on the Vista desktop.
    07-15-13 06:34 AM
    We get a BSOD on our Vista Toshiba laptop when Link is installed. Only cure was to get rid of it. Oddly enough it works with only a couple issues on the Vista desktop.
    I have no experience with Link in Vista but I do know that using windows 8, only using your USB 2.0 port does solve the problem. The BSOD error that gets thrown otherwise is a "TCP Watchdog Violation" error.
    luancuvi likes this.
    07-15-13 11:46 AM
    Same issue here. Win 8 dell xps ultrabook. Its not link that does it to me, its when my Z is plugged in(with or without link running). Watchdog error, quite annoying to say the least.
    07-15-13 12:52 PM
    I have no experience with Link in Vista but I do know that using windows 8, only using your USB 2.0 port does solve the problem. The BSOD error that gets thrown otherwise is a "TCP Watchdog Violation" error.
    I am going to try that and I am going to love you for ever if you are right.
    08-22-13 04:40 PM
    I had the same errors update to the bb link 1.2 on n4bb it updates the registry values set in by 1.1 no more bsod. ive been running it for 2 hours now no error
    09-12-13 10:51 PM
    I was having random bsod as well but it had to do with my z10 plugged into usb. Once I stopped plunging my phone into the computer...no more bsod. It seems to be an issue with a number of people with windows 8 computers. No resolutions yet from either BlackBerry or Microsoft. It's a flip of the coin as to who's more at fault with the issue. I know I'm no where near a solution

Posted via CB10
    Its not even close towho is at fault here. USB Printing is something windows 7 doesnt do well at all anymore and ASUS has had problems for several years with their motherboards and flakey USB ports. The evidence all points to MS really. ASUS and MS really need to get theri **** together.
    09-13-13 02:14 AM
    No BSOD on win7 with Link. Actually, I never had a BSOD on any of my win7 PCs.
    09-13-13 02:47 AM
    Thanks for the tip regarding USB3 ports - my laptop has a solitary USB2 port so I will give it a go just as soon as my phone has finished backing up (on my other computer)
    It will be nice if I can actually use my laptop to charge my phone without that damn watchdog spoiling all the fun...
    09-13-13 07:28 AM
    This is a driver issue when using the usb3 ports. The usb3 ports are undervolted by Windows 8 software and consequently very unstable / hardly usable. If you have a usb2 port use that instead and problem solved! Hopefully this gets fixed with the Windows 8 upgrade set for later this summer but it is a known problem. Hope this helps!

Posted via CB10
    I've seen a few issues with Dell laptops and USB 3.0 drivers flaking out with all kinds of devices. Try downloading the chipset drivers directly from Intel instead of using the Dell drivers, at least until they find a solution. I had a few laptops with USB 3.0 Ethernet adapters that would never connect or give a blue screen and it all went back to needing a better driver than the OEM coded one from Dell. Here's the link to the driver that got me over the hump: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Det...?DwnldID=19880

Sounds like Link is having similar issues since it creates a virtual network adapter and doesn't like USB 3.0
    09-13-13 07:36 AM
    I'm on vista and keep getting a BSOD when I connect the phone to link. It started after the last update, I've been trying to fix my sisters bricked Z but every time I connect the phone to my laptop I get the BSOD. I've uninstalled link via a 3rd party program because the conventional way yielded a BSOD during the middle of the unistall. After that Link is still there but when you try to uninstall via the conventional method it says the action can only be preformed with a program that is installed. Other than being in safe mode my laptop will through a BSOD. Any suggestions???
    02-11-14 07:11 AM
    I managed to uninstall and reinstall by disabling the Blackberry Virtual Network driver in device manager on Win 8.1

so far no more Bsod's. Does anyone know if this driver is required for the usb to work or does it just relate to the WIFI function on Blackberry link

Thanks ;0)
    02-21-14 07:06 AM