Some questions:

Does Pandora's web site work probperly in the web browser in that you can stream music?

If so, can you start Pandora in a web browser and then throw the browser into the background and do other stuff? And in doing so, does the web page still stream music?

Thanks!
    03-02-13 08:50 PM
    Never tried it in the web browser. Have you tried downloading the app? The app seems to work fine.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    03-02-13 08:54 PM
    Never tried it in the web browser. Have you tried downloading the app? The app seems to work fine.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    I don't have the Z10 yet or else I'd try it on my own. I've asked a few times but this is hte first time someone told me the android port of the Pandora app works on the Z10.
    03-03-13 07:25 AM
    It does not work on the browser and I cannot get the Apollo app to work. I have emailed Pandora and will post their reply once received.
    03-09-13 06:19 PM
    I just recieved a response from Pandora:

Hi Kurt,

Thanks for your interest in having Pandora on the Blackberry 10. We are not developing an app at this time, but we will definitely keep it in mind while planning our product priorities for the future.

Here is a list of mobile devices that currently support Pandora:Listen to free music on your mobile phone with Pandora Internet Radio

Thanks so much for listening to Pandora!
    Thanks,
    Scott

I replied with a polite thanks but I guess I will be seeking music elswhere until they choose to develop an app/support BB10.
    03-10-13 01:49 PM
    Android Pandora app does indeed work on z10. Side load and enjoy

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 02:15 PM
    Not pandora but does something that does stream thru the browser keep playing when you go to another tab? It does not on my pb.
    03-10-13 02:37 PM
    Yes it continues to stream and play when the browser is tiled. Who needs an app. ;-)

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-10-13 02:42 PM
    I like Shoutcast for streaming radio. you guys should give them a try instead. streams no problem in the browser, minimized or not.

just went to the pandora site, and it doesn't look like I could use it even if I wanted to: :thumbdown:

Dear Pandora Visitor,

We are deeply, deeply sorry to say that due to licensing constraints, we can no longer allow access to Pandora for listeners located outside of the U.S., Australia and New Zealand. We will continue to work diligently to realize the vision of a truly global Pandora, but for the time being we are required to restrict its use. We are very sad to have to do this, but there is no other alternative.

We believe that you are in Canada (your IP address appears to be 12.34.086.33). If you believe we have made a mistake, we apologize and ask that you please email us.

If you have been using Pandora, we will keep a record of your existing stations and bookmarked artists and songs, so that when we are able to launch in your country, they will be waiting for you.

We will be notifying listeners as licensing agreements are established in individual countries. If you would like to be notified by email when Pandora is available in your country, please enter your email address below. The pace of global licensing is hard to predict, but we have the ultimate goal of being able to offer our service everywhere.

We share your disappointment and greatly appreciate your understanding.

Sincerely,

Tim Westergren
    Founder

Enter your email address and we will let you know when Pandora is available in your country:
    03-10-13 03:11 PM
    Use a vpn to access pandora.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 03:17 PM
    Pandora works in the browser just fine. You just need to enable Flash. Go to the browser settings and enable Flash.
    03-10-13 03:42 PM
    Rdio website works fine with streaming on the Z10 (although it's a bit awkward to use since the frames aren't optimized for small screens), and continues in the background.
    03-10-13 04:48 PM
    Use a vpn to access pandora.

Posted via CB10
    I would but that's too much work for something I've never used. I am happy with shoutcast.
    03-10-13 09:34 PM