Guys, anyone encountered the sudden death of your browser?

I was able to browse normally this morning. One hour ago, when I opened the browser, it opened up my homepage (google), but i wasn't able to tab on any link on the screen or type anything in the search bar. I went on to my bookmarks and clicked a link, it doesn't show the loading bar at the bottom and the screen just hangs there. I've confirmed my connectivity and everything is working except the browser.

I tried doing the following but to no avail:
    1) close browser, wait for a few mins and try again.
    2) typed another address, page didn't load, just hangs there and tapping on screen does nothing.
    3) hard reset the battery
    4) soft reset using the top button
    5) switch on and off wifi to try
    6) licking the screen

Anyone has any idea how to solve this? This is so weird. I can't surf anything now on the browser.
    07-14-13 01:11 AM
    Although your issue sounds a bit different, try the solutions posted here: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...rowser-819377/

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 01:19 AM
    Had the same issue. Instead of turning data services off, I had my phone on flight mode. Worked fine then.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 01:21 AM
    Re #4, using top button. Did you hold down the top button until the blue startup screen? If not, do that now.

What's your current OS and when did you last change your OS?
    07-14-13 01:21 AM
    Ah never mind. The link helped. Thanks man!

For those who are lazy to click the link to find out the solution, this is what you have to do:

1) switch to flight mode
    2) open up browser go to settings
    3) clear all history/cookies
    4) clear search engine

In other words, clean up the browser settings. Switch off flight mode, and done.

Appreciate your help guys.
    07-14-13 01:38 AM
    Thanks for the tip on the Flight mode, it solved the problem . Every other fix had no effect. I'ts astounding that BB has not provided this solution on their support forum, there have been several issues entered and not a peep out of the support team.
    07-19-13 07:36 AM
    I have been having the same issue and thought it was because I side loaded Tumblr. I hope they fix this in 10.2
    07-21-13 12:35 PM