mine is exactly the same as mikewpg1ca's problem. this is very frustrating and I really don't want to start from stratch...
    carlyincanada likes this.
    08-20-13 01:39 PM
    mine is exactly the same as mikewpg1ca's problem. this is very frustrating and I really don't want to start from stratch...
    To date, I haven't wiped my Z10 yet, as spending half a day reloading everything and getting it set up how I like, is a complete waste of time. I'm holding out for a update from BlackBerry that fixes the issue. So for the time being, if I click on a link in an email or tweet my crippled BlackBerry browser will open and the page will display, but other than having the ability to read the page, zoom in/out and click on links within it, I can't do anything, because there's no access to the browser menu and typing in the URL field does nothing. Of note, I can click on multiple links in various emails and each will open on a separate tab within the broswer. Catch is, while you can switch between tabs, they won't close when you click on the 'x', until you close the browser.

In the interim, if I want to searching something out on Google, Youtube, or type in a URL myself, I've been using the Evolution Browser app. I think it costs $2.99, and it works not bad and while not a perfect work around, it does the job. In fact BlackBerry should give anyone who has to buy it because of BlackBerry's defective browser software a refund in my opinion.

It seems that a number of people are having this issue and that BlackBerry has a clear bug in their browser software and have done nothing about it since the Z10 was released. Otherwise I really like my Z10, the interface works great and it's very intuitive to use. But, if this issue persists and BlackBerry doesn't fix the browser, and if any other issues develop, toppled with the fact I had a BlackBerry Torch with loads of software issues prior to my Z10, I'm going over to Android. I have a droid tablet and have never had any issues with it and while apps aren't everything, they are a lot to a lot of people, and the selection is disgusting compared to BB right now.

But, what I really want is for BlackBerry to fix their faulty browser software so I can get on with using my Z10 and not having to work around the issues with my BlackBerry.
    08-20-13 08:41 PM
    Hallelujah, it's not just me going through this. I noticed three days ago that I couldn't enter anything into Google bar, but assumed it was nothing. Then today I couldn't get into YouTube or ESPN. It's been making me crazy.

I really hope there's a fix soon. I have tried most ideas posted but will be sure to cover them all off.

Thank you!

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 11:41 PM
    Wow! Just tried BB30000's tip and it is seemingly working perfectly now! Thank you so much!

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 11:49 PM
    LoveMyQ10, just to clarify you were able to enter the browser menu and get to settings to clear the cache?
    08-22-13 06:02 PM
    i figured out how to fix this!

go to your browser settings > developer tools > turn off disk cache. Clear history and cookies and you're all set!
    08-24-13 03:00 PM
    Mikewpg, yes. I was able to get in, do as the poster had suggested and have had no trouble since. Hope it works for you as well. Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 03:06 PM
    i figured out how to fix this!

go to your browser settings > developer tools > turn off disk cache. Clear history and cookies and you're all set!
    I've been 5days with no browser and thought I was going crazy!! Tried everything like battery pull, hard reset, backup, updated. I can't get into settings as I can't click on the 3 dots its completely frozen and black page!!
    This is beyond frustrating and unacceptable from BlackBerry!! I need my browser to work asap!!
    For now I downloaded Simple browser app until I can get this fixed.
    Will be calling BlackBerry on Tuesday, not impressed!!
    09-01-13 05:12 AM
    10.2.1047 leak fixed it for me.

Has been really stable with no real bugs for me! Maybe give the leak a try...??

Posted via CB10
    09-01-13 02:38 PM
    I've been 5days with no browser and thought I was going crazy!! Tried everything like battery pull, hard reset, backup, updated. I can't get into settings as I can't click on the 3 dots its completely frozen and black page!!
    This is beyond frustrating and unacceptable from BlackBerry!! I need my browser to work asap!!
    For now I downloaded Simple browser app until I can get this fixed.
    Will be calling BlackBerry on Tuesday, not impressed!!
    Just happened to me and I had to do a security wipe, all is good now, but what a lot of time wasted reloading everything

Posted via White Z10
    09-01-13 03:11 PM
    Argghhh! Hadn't cleared history since the last time this happened and was resolved; cleared history today and same problem except this time the www.google.com/?t fix hasn't helped.

Seriously, RIM... WTF?!

Posted via CB10
    09-07-13 04:11 PM
    I had the no response to the 3 dot issue as well. In the forums I found the easy solution. In the cascades, instead of just tapping the X, press and hold it until it closes. Browser has worked properly ever since.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 08:27 AM
    Go figure, I kept trying the Google fix for a couple of days and nothing worked. Then this morning, suddenly everything is fine again.

I have no idea if it was in fact the Google link or something else. All I do know is that I will not be clearing my history/cache anytime soon.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 04:11 PM
    I have been having this problem for about 3 weeks now. I was using google as my default browser and i changed my homepage. After that, I couldn't open the browser. I got the black screen that people have been mentioning and the three dots to get to the settings was unresponsive. The only thing I could do was type in an address but it wouldn't do anything. I have been searching the internet for a solution and have tried every suggestion but no luck for me. I did download evolution browser in the meantime but it really bothers me that so many blackberry users are having this problem or a variation of it and nothing is being done. Shame on you Blackberry!!! UPDATE - I finally found a way to get my browser to open. If I go to an email with a link, the browser will open which it wouldn't allow me to do before. It will actually allow me to open the settings and I am able to clear my history. HOWEVER, what it won't allow me to do is to open the display setting and so I cannot reset the browsers. Once I try and open it, the page becomes unresponsive and I have to do a battery pull to get the link to open the browser again. This is so incredibly frustrating. I have not read of anyone who cannot seem to open just the display option...I'm a loyal Blackberry girl, have been one for years even though my husband (Samsung) and daughter (iphone) continue to laugh at me. Has the time come to hang up my flag and switch sides???
    09-28-13 11:03 AM
    That what was happening to me.

It was the main reason I tried a leaked OS and it's been fine ever since :-)

Have a read within the leak forum and get one. If I can load it anyone can! Latest is 10.2.1767 I think, just read through the comments and see how stable it is :-)

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 04:52 PM
    That what was happening to me.

It was the main reason I tried a leaked OS and it's been fine ever since :-)

Have a read within the leak forum and get one. If I can load it anyone can! Latest is 10.2.1767 I think, just read through the comments and see how stable it is :-)

Posted via CB10
    Same here.... cannot say anything else..

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 05:00 PM
    NOTE: there are a lot of solutions on here that may work if the overflow button in the browser is functional which will enable you to go to the browser settings but the tabs and overflow buttons were totally unresponsive on my browser. This is what worked for me....after months of having this issue.

I've had an issue with the browser, for a while. I backed up the phone, wiped it and the browser worked. I reloaded the back up data onto the phone and the issue with my browser came back as well. I didn't want to lose my apps so i just used the search on the phone and selected google to look for anything in the browser.

The main issue in the browser was that nothing was working, the over flow button, the tabs button, nothing. If you typed in the search bar it would not load anything. The issue has been brought up in the forums in the past, as unresponsive or broken browser. I tried everything that was suggested, nothing would work, especially since I couldn't access any setting options within the browser.

With the recent OS update I was able to download the Amazon app store. Installed it into my phone and logged into the account I created from before ( maybe create an account on a PC before logging into the app on the phone). I tried to download netflix and it said there was an issue with the cookies and provided a link to go to the browser to change the settings. My browser was unresponsive but it still opens pages if the search is made from an app outside the browser like the "search" function or from another app. I clicked on the "tap here to continue when cookies are enabled," I didn't think it would do anything but it fixed my browser settings. I can now tap on the tabs icon and overflow icon and it opens both menus. I can access the browser settings etc and the browser is able to go to sites within the app. I don't know if this will work for anyone else but it did for me.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 12:48 PM
    Well at least 6 months after the frozen browser/can't access menu problem started and after not being able to use the BB Z10 browser, BB has finally fixed the problem with their latest release. It should have been fixed sooner as this issue was well reported by users and had a huge impact on the usability of the Z10. Granted at this stage, I'm a member of a dying bread, non-business BB users, so my voice doesn't count for much. Too bad about BB, still really love the interface and ergonomics of the Z10.
    02-04-14 11:51 PM
    Well at least 6 months after the frozen browser/can't access menu problem started and after not being able to use the BB Z10 browser, BB has finally fixed the problem with their latest release. It should have been fixed sooner as this issue was well reported by users and had a huge impact on the usability of the Z10. Granted at this stage, I'm a member of a dying bread, non-business BB users, so my voice doesn't count for much. Too bad about BB, still really love the interface and ergonomics of the Z10.
    You went 6 months with this issue, seriously? !

Via The BlackBerry Z10 Experience.
    02-05-14 01:38 AM
    Yup. I did a complete wipe a couple of times.....but only after doing a complete backup....but when I re-installed my data the problem was still there. I suppose I could have lost all my data, but I wasn't prepared to do that. I wasn't completely without the browser, in that if I was sent an email with a hyperlink or clicked on a tweet, the browser would open to that page and any links within the opened page. I just couldn't bookmark anything or open the browser and type in a URL, which was a big PITA. Only this latest upgrade gave me full access to my browser again.
    02-05-14 02:13 AM
    Yup. I did a complete wipe a couple of times.....but only after doing a complete backup....but when I re-installed my data the problem was still there. I suppose I could have lost all my data, but I wasn't prepared to do that. I wasn't completely without the browser, in that if I was sent an email with a hyperlink or clicked on a tweet, the browser would open to that page and any links within the opened page. I just couldn't bookmark anything or open the browser and type in a URL, which was a big PITA. Only this latest upgrade gave me full access to my browser again.
    Well sounds like you know what you're doing, but that issue was resolved in a couple days for me. I would have done a 10.2 leak months before that. 6 months!! Crazy

Via The BlackBerry Z10 Experience.
    02-05-14 04:49 PM
46 12