So I am contemplating the switch back to Blackberry after moving from my Bold over to the Samsung Galaxy S2.
    One of the features I use all the time is the ability to hold down on an address in the Web browser and the android automatically pulls up an option to Map the selected address. I click map and it pulls it right up in the Map App.
    I went to the Tmobile store today to look at the Z10. I restarted the phone to bypass the annoying Demo screen! (the store clerk was amazed I could do this, ha)
    Anyways I pulled up the browser, searched for walmart and contacts. All the nearby addresses came up. I held down over the address, and it prompted me to start selecting text. Ok, so maybe that's how the browser works. So I moved the little blue drops to select the text. Then I tried holding down. Nothing.
    So, I swiped over from the right to see my other options. Copy, share, and something else I forgot. But, it didn't have a link to maps :-(.
    I didn't have time to complete my trial run, but this is the one feature I use everyday.
    Does someone know how to accomplish this with the browser? I am sure I must be missing something. Kevin, any thoughts? This seems like a basic thing for other platforms.
    03-29-13 07:39 PM
    Yes this works, works in text, BBM, email, web, wherever the text is recognized. I believe in the web app it has to be formatted a special way. Dont quote me on that last part though, I just know it only works part of the time.
    03-29-13 09:07 PM
    Yes this works, works in text, BBM, email, web, wherever the text is recognized. I believe in the web app it has to be formatted a special way. Dont quote me on that last part though, I just know it only works part of the time.
    Thanks, I will have to go back and try a different Web page then. Are most people using the stock browser or another?
    03-30-13 12:42 AM