I'd like to start a petition for BlackBerry to bring back BIS. I have been a loyal BlackBerry user for years. I have tried iOs and Android in the past, I always kept BlackBerry ad my main phone.

I don't know about you, but BIS is a big deal to me. No point saying I'll jump ship to another OS because I still won't have BIS. I don't think it's too much to ask, Can I Have BIS on BB10 please!!

Posted via CB10
    jay_men likes this.
    03-29-13 09:26 AM
    If i remember correctly, they are planning and testing alternatives to BIS
    I'll see if i can score the link where i read that
    RazzBerry likes this.
    03-29-13 09:30 AM
    No thank you, there's many threads on why people don't or do want it and I don't I'm happy with my faster browser, my Hotmail / outlook is still instant and now I don't have to have a bis plan I can use any phone I want and I can go to a different country and if my phone is unlocked just put in my sim and go. not have to worry about getting a BlackBerry plan ect

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by habs_fan; 03-29-13 at 09:46 AM.
    03-29-13 09:34 AM
    BlackBerry bowed to carrier pressure to get rid of BIS to gain as much support from them as they could. Carriers always hated that they had to pay an access fee to blackberry and the fact data was compressed so having a larger more expensive data plan was not necessary.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 09:42 AM
    Where I am from, in Zambia and most other such countries BIS gives cheap access to data to users. We don't have "all you can eat" plans. A fixed monthly bill for data is always going to be more attractive. Data on my Z10 is not compressed and this thing does suck up data. Usage at about 50-100mibs per day without any streaming or downloads is a little high for me.

I love the phone tho.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 09:57 AM
    BIS - it's dead. Thank God!
    03-29-13 10:02 AM
    I think BlackBerry and the carriers would agree to bring BIS back if a niche group of BB10 users were prepared to pay for the service. Thus, the poll should be how many people would pay either $5 or $10 per month for bis?

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 10:14 AM
    It would be nice to have if only for the email handling. All of the sudden my Z10 started whining about Gmail server settings and I know they are correct. Really making me agitated quickly. Never had this issue on BB7.
    RazzBerry likes this.
    03-29-13 10:17 AM
    I just tried blackberry Z10 on Mobitel Sri lanka and the phone could never connect to bbm. The operator says that they dont have the latest blackberry software. if thats the case then BIS should be brought back. All other services worked except the blackberry services.
    04-16-13 12:32 AM
    My playbook does not use BIS, and it does emails/calendar/contacts synchronization much better than my 9900. What is the point of having BIS?
    04-16-13 12:51 AM
    Count me in, I want my BIS back.
    04-16-13 01:17 AM
    I'm happy without it

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 01:23 AM
    Want BIS? Go legacy.
    04-16-13 01:28 AM
    BIS is so slow compared to normal data. I for one am happy to see BIS being excluded from the BB10 range.
    hzguo likes this.
    04-16-13 01:32 AM
    BIS is so slow compared to normal data. I for one am happy to see BIS being excluded from the BB10 range.
    How do you explain steaming YouTube trough BIS if it's so "Slow"

Posted via CB10
    crazysnoop likes this.
    04-16-13 01:38 AM
    If i remember correctly, they are planning and testing alternatives to BIS
    I'll see if i can score the link where i read that
    Find that link pls., it would be very interesting to learn more
    04-16-13 03:02 AM
    How do you explain steaming YouTube trough BIS if it's so "Slow"

Yes, slowly steaming excrement.

Any time I've tried to do anything remotely like streaming video via BIS it has been extremely painful. Let's not even start to talk about the completely handicapped web browser performance overall.

I understand you have a very unusual scenario there where you have basically 2G coverage only. Well, if the speed limit on the highways were 40 km/h then not too many people would likely see the value in powerful sports cars either. But let's not impose that limit on the vast majority for the sake of a few.

Perhaps Blackberry should come out with a product designed specifically for people with slow connections and not much money. Then again, that's more or less what the STL100-1 is, and it seems like most of the people who live in places where that is the default device complain about it bitterly.
    Spawn12 and buwee like this.
    04-16-13 04:44 AM
    Personally, I'm happy without truncated emails and the possibility of losing all wireless services if the NOC goes down. But that's just me.

Posted via CB10
    hzguo, Spawn12 and cribble2k like this.
    04-16-13 04:47 AM
    Count me in too, I want BIS back!!
    BBM is woefully slow and unreliable on BB10

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 04:48 AM
    No need to wish as BIS cost Blackberry money, that pretty well decides it!
    hzguo likes this.
    04-16-13 05:04 AM
    Yes, slowly steaming excrement.

Any time I've tried to do anything remotely like streaming video via BIS it has been extremely painful. Let's not even start to talk about the completely handicapped web browser performance overall.

I understand you have a very unusual scenario there where you have basically 2G coverage only. Well, if the speed limit on the highways were 40 km/h then not too many people would likely see the value in powerful sports cars either. But let's not impose that limit on the vast majority for the sake of a few.

Perhaps Blackberry should come out with a product designed specifically for people with slow connections and not much money. Then again, that's more or less what the STL100-1 is, and it seems like most of the people who live in places where that is the default device complain about it bitterly.
    No dude, that was the hardware, bridge to a PlayBook and watch BIS youtube streaming fly. With most carriers youtube did not go trough BIS, youtube would disconnect BIS from my 9700.
    04-16-13 05:08 AM
    Personally, I'm happy without truncated emails and the possibility of losing all wireless services if the NOC goes down. But that's just me.

Exactly. And I can add a few things to that list without a doubt.

• Special provisioning / SIMs
    • Pathetically slow performance/latency on any larger transfers, ie a software update.
    • Attachment size limitations
    • Service books nonsense
    • No manual refresh on POP3
    • Weird connectivity requirements for apps (do you want BIS-A, BIS-B, BES, WiFi, both, which is the priority, bla bla bla)
    • Lousy HTML email handling
    • Massive network latency issues. Anyone notice how an app update on the Z10 takes 1/10 the time it took on a legacy BBOS device? And no "stopwatch of death"! It always amazed me how a small app download on my Bold consistently seemed to take 5-10 times longer than the actual speed of that link would normally support, pausing every 5 seconds to "think" for 20 more seconds..
    niss63, MarsupilamiX and cribble2k like this.
    04-16-13 05:13 AM
    04-16-13 05:14 AM
    Where I am from, in Zambia and most other such countries BIS gives cheap access to data to users. We don't have "all you can eat" plans. A fixed monthly bill for data is always going to be more attractive. Data on my Z10 is not compressed and this thing does suck up data. Usage at about 50-100mibs per day without any streaming or downloads is a little high for me.

I love the phone tho.

Most of the people that have high data usage on the Z10 are simply consuming more content because it is no longer dog-slow like the older devices were, making it painful to try to do so many things online.

If you use BBM a lot, many of the African carriers like MTN have BB10 plans with free BBM now.

http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...ape-up-782424/
    04-16-13 05:18 AM
    I have written a number of times why, on balance, BIS is no longer of value. However, I would be very happy to have BlackBerry offer it to anyone who wants it for say, 3 CND/USD, 2 GBP, 2.3 EUR per month. Payable directly to BlackBerry. They will quickly wonder what they are getting for that money on a BB10 device but, as a BBRY shareholder, I'm happy to have the company get the money.
    EchoesFX and MarsupilamiX like this.
    04-16-13 05:26 AM
145 123 ...