06-27-15 07:50 AM
27 12
tools
    OK gurus, I need a hand. Security wiped my Z10, was taking a while so I threw it on the charger and went to bed. Woke up and now it doesn't turn on. Hold the power button down for 10 seconds, blinks once then not again. Plug it in with battery out. Red led comes on for maybe 1 seconds then goes off and doesn't come back on. Have the auto loader for 10.2.1.1925, started it, waited for it to say connecting to boot Rom then plugged in z10 without battery, never recognizes device. Tried to reload through link, says hold power button down for 10 seconds to turn device off, but its already off. Held power button down anyway. No response from link. Tried to use the update function via blackberry website, doesn't recognize device. Any other suggestions before sending in to check warrantee? Is my warrantee void if I've loaded a leak before and is my warrantee void if I've had a 3rd party unlock the phone?

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    02-16-14 11:15 AM
    Send it in, it does feel like you tried everything.

Leaks/unlocks won't void your warranty.
    02-16-14 11:21 AM
    exactly what diegonei said, would be time to send it in and get it fixed. If you cant i'll take it of your hands!!
    diegonei likes this.
    02-16-14 12:22 PM
    Holeee shiiiiiiiiiit! After all that I walked by the laptop, I heard it recognize the device, green light turned on!!! I quickly loaded the blackberry website and started the software restore/update and it recognized the device!!! I left the house and when I get back hopefully it will be good. Will update later

diegonei likes this.
    02-16-14 02:28 PM
    It sensed how much you loved it!
    diegonei likes this.
    02-16-14 03:33 PM
    +1

It sensed how much you loved it!
    02-16-14 03:49 PM
    Ah crap. Came home and it didn't work. Computer won't recognize it again. Failed at the reloading apps part of the restore on bb website.

02-16-14 03:58 PM
    Now it won't turn on again. It displayed the error screen after the computer recognized the device. It was Al so random though. Cannot get the computer to recognize it again, and get get the device to turn on to show that error screen. With the battery pulled and plugged in the red led stays on solid for a good 10 seconds then shuts off. With the battery in and plugged in nothing unless I hold the power button then the red led flashes once. Will do this every time I hold the power button for 10 seconds

02-16-14 05:16 PM
    Do you have another computer (or at least another USB port)?

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 05:24 PM
    Do you have another computer (or at least another USB port)?

Posted via CB10
    Ya, I tries all 3 ports on my laptop. Going to try my desktop here in a bit once my daughter goes to bed.

02-16-14 05:34 PM
    well, desktop doesnt recognize it either. I think Im at the end of my rope on this one. That little glimmer of hope has me baffled though....
    02-16-14 06:33 PM
    I had this happen a while back with me but I was playing with some leaks....i am trying to remember what I did to resolve it...I do remember it took me hours to do b4 my phone started working again. I do remember completely uninstalling BB Link and running CCleaner to remove any remnants from registry. And then doing a fresh install...I believe I used sachesi to work with the phone in the meantime to try and get something to take...It was a while back and I can't remember everything I did but I can tell you I actually got my phone back up and running...took hours and patience....i did leave battery in but removed SD card and also sim card...hope you can get something to work....keep us informed

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 07:33 PM
    Called my carrier today. They're sending out the packaging to ship it out for repair. Still have 7 months of warrantee left. No wonder I went back to android.....

02-18-14 07:19 PM
    Just got an email that my device is on its way back from RIM.

02-27-14 06:54 AM
    No wonder I went back to android.....
    Yep, the exact kind of coment that makes people here NOT CARE about any future issue you may have. Just a heads up.
    02-27-14 11:52 AM
    Unfortunate that this had to happen, but the Z10 is a wonderful device and hopefully you will enjoy it just as much as we all do!
    02-27-14 06:50 PM
    Let's be fair to both sides. There have been way more hardware failures with the z10 than any legacy device ever had. It was my first one ever. I wish I could remember where I read that months ago.

That said, as the updates continue to flow, I read much less about bricked devices than I did shortly after launch. Maybe they've somehow reduced device stress with software enhancements.

Either way, I'd be disappointed that an indication that someone went back to android would dry up responses here in the CB tavern. I will say that much of the family has gone android from BlackBerry and I haven't seen anything in any of the models that's impressed me.

Also OP, If it's under warranty the carrier should send a replacement device, refurb, immediately and packaging to ship the dead soldier back. At least that's the way it was for me, Rogers. Actually it was fast and painless.

Post via BlackBerry ZedAche 10.2.1.537 (1925)
    02-27-14 11:30 PM
    Yes, they ended up replacing the device. I've decided to sell it. My Note 2 has proved to be more reliable. I really did love my Z10, but was very disappointed with not only the failure of the device, but the way apks ran on it. Just was not impressed, laggy, and slow. Sorry fellas but I don't just stick with a brand because of loyalty. I go where my dollar stretches the furthest, and in this case its the second blackberry that's failed me. I have yet to have an android or apple device fail me.

02-28-14 10:28 AM
    Happy you found a device that works for you

My ZED 10
    02-28-14 04:20 PM
    I wouldn't go for an android for this year's upgrade but iPhone is in the running. Wife got a good tablet so she's hooked on Droid mow so she might. Youngest 15 doesn't really care. The three of us are on Z10's and oldest is i5. He'll likely go to i5S now.

Post via BlackBerry ZedAche 10.2.1.537 (1925)
    02-28-14 06:09 PM
    the same thing happen to my phone. im not under warranty anymore. i love my z10 i dont want to change
    05-17-14 11:03 AM
    Yes, they ended up replacing the device. I've decided to sell it. My Note 2 has proved to be more reliable. I really did love my Z10, but was very disappointed with not only the failure of the device, but the way apks ran on it. Just was not impressed, laggy, and slow. Sorry fellas but I don't just stick with a brand because of loyalty. I go where my dollar stretches the furthest, and in this case its the second blackberry that's failed me. I have yet to have an android or apple device fail me.

annnnnnddddd the whole point of this thread. bashing in the guise of needed help.
    05-17-14 11:30 AM
    Let's be fair to both sides. There have been way more hardware failures with the z10 than any legacy device ever had. It was my first one ever. I wish I could remember where I read that months ago.
    Prove it. I really dare you to.
    05-20-14 06:59 PM
    Prove it. I really dare you to.
    I know it's true, I read it in the Internet.

Post via BlackBerry ZedAche 10.2.1.2102 (2141)
    05-21-14 11:52 PM
    No disrespect but I think most people here are here to/for help not to HATE!
    12-06-14 10:38 AM
27 12