the update was installed and the z10 was taking too long to restart, so i pulled the battery out .. from then on it was dead.

no lights not red leds .. no charging
    it does not appear on the pc, link doesn't see it
    tried the explorer, the autoloader, the z10 does not appear

it's bricked isn't it? lost for eternity
    12-17-13 07:40 AM
    12-17-13 07:46 AM
    I know you didn't come here for this, but NEVER do that again . BB10 doesn't need battery pull anymore. But I understand this habit would save us back in the says, now it's your doom.

Just check the link. Might work.

Posted via CB10 on my Z30
    workinL8 likes this.
    12-17-13 07:50 AM
    Never pull the battery during an update. it can take a very long time to restart. I've had mine take over an hour to restart after updates. Just plug it in and leave it alone.
    workinL8 likes this.
    12-17-13 07:52 AM
    After 16 hours of frustration last week I was able to use the Autoloader for the 10.2.1.1055 Leak which is found in the forums. But try other advice first

Reload OS Software bricked

How to reload the OS on a BlackBerry Z10 or BlackBerry Q10 | CrackBerry.com

How to do a Security Wipe (factory reset) the BlackBerry Z10 | CrackBerry.com

How to reload the OS on a BlackBerry Z10 or BlackBerry Q10 | CrackBerry.com

On PC, kill link, blackberry desktop software and then go to task manager and kill any BlackBerry or link processes.

Take the battery out the phone and disconnect from USB. On the PC, launch the autoloader. Plug in phone via USB to PC. Once the autoloader has connected to your phone slap the battery back in and let it finish.
    workinL8 likes this.
    12-17-13 09:30 AM
    Try the link and hope you don't make that mistake again...

BBM Channel C000FA856 | Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1055
    workinL8 likes this.
    12-17-13 09:42 AM
    Try the link and hope you don't make that mistake again...

BBM Channel C000FA856 | Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1055
    wildBanger, i can't see the link for some reason
    12-17-13 02:00 PM
    BadGoliath, can't see the link you are referring to for some reason
    12-17-13 02:02 PM
    Did you get bored like this clown?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=883981

What a dumb move
    12-17-13 02:18 PM
    BadGoliath, can't see the link you are referring to for some reason
    LINK is the BB LINK software which can be found on their site is you don't already have it.
    workinL8 likes this.
    12-17-13 03:40 PM
    Yeah don't do that.
    12-17-13 04:22 PM
    thank u all for ur sincere help, tried everything u threw at me, nothing worked w me, totally bricked, will never ever do this again, I do however think this a grave vulnerability for the z10, it should be built to take that kind of dumb moves.
    it's such a beautiful phone, I got me a new one which I will treat like a mistress

Posted via CB10
    askzeke likes this.
    12-26-13 07:26 AM
    thank u all for ur sincere help, tried everything u threw at me, nothing worked w me, totally bricked, will never ever do this again, I do however think this a grave vulnerability for the z10, it should be built to take that kind of dumb moves.
    it's such a beautiful phone, I got me a new one which I will treat like a mistress

Posted via CB10
    It's not z10 vulnerability you should have known never to pull battery during any Update process. However. Like to suggest that if you have the phone under warranty replace it as soon as possible.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 07:36 AM
    It's not z10 vulnerability you should have known never to pull battery during any Update process. However. Like to suggest that if you have the phone under warranty replace it as soon as possible.

Posted via CB10
    Problem is not how the phone is designed, but that forums like this (and others) encourage people to pull the battery at the drop of a hat. It should only be done as an absolute last resort.
    FF22 and dikku11 like this.
    12-26-13 08:50 AM
    .....i have to defend the Z10 it is not a device failing or bad design..This "rule" (don't pull battery during update) is more like a commandment in much the same way as when their is a Windows update and it says DO NOT TURN OFF YOUR COMPUTER WHILST UPDATE IS RUNNING.

The device even requests that you plug it into a power source before starting....

Z10 / 10.2.1.537
    dikku11 and tickerguy like this.
    12-26-13 10:07 AM
    It's PROBABLY recoverable, provided the bootloader is still resident -- and it probably is.

The trick is to get the computer to recognize the USB interface. That means enough code has to be left on the phone to initialize it. And there probably is.

Disconnect your other USB devices. All of them.
    Start the autoloader. Wait until it tells you it is trying to connect to the phone.
    Remove the battery and plug the phone into the USB cord. If it looks for drivers, let it.

It SHOULD find it. If it does it will load. It may take several minutes and say "Resetting device" a couple of times -- that's ok.

When the computer finds the USB interface CAREFULLY reinsert the battery.

The key is that there has to be enough code left on the device to initialize the USB interface. If not your only option is to JTAG at least the bootloader and I don't know anyone who has figured that out for these devices as of yet.

NEVER, EVER remove the battery when a device like this is being updated. There are people running around these forums telling folks to pull batteries left and right. This was never smart because interrupting power to a device in an uncoordinated fashion is asking for trouble; if you interrupt a write to flash memory it is possible to destroy the NAND flash in the device.

It doesn't happen often, but it only has to happen once.
    12-26-13 10:43 AM
    I bricked my sisters and recovered it. The phone was "scrubbing" for 5-6 hours.

? AT&T Z10 STL100-3/10.2.0.1791 ?
    12-26-13 10:50 AM
    NO battery pull at the moment but ....

This happened about three weeks ago and just this morning. The z10 seems to have spontaneously rebooted. But the Blue Logo is taking hours to finish its clockwise rotation. Occasionally, I can get it to display the percentage value. It was at 97% for an hour. Finally moved to 98% and now it won't display percentage but not much is happening.

I don't know what causes the S L O W reboot. I checked and the battery is not loose. I have tapped it and shaken it and that does not cause a reboot.

The last time it was on the official OS, this time the 10.2.1.1055 Leak. Same symptoms. Infinite Blue Logo reboot.

I can't imagine any particular app could cause such a strange slowdown on reboot.

Ideas anyone?
    12-26-13 01:10 PM
    That's the expected behavior if you load an update and it is actually loading it -- or rolling one back that failed.

This is particularly true if device storage is very full.
    12-26-13 02:24 PM
    Wow LMFAO. When updating a blackberry just leave it alone step away from it then come back an hour later and If it's still not done step away again.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 02:33 PM
    Wow LMFAO. When updating a blackberry just leave it alone step away from it then come back an hour later and If it's still not done step away again.

Posted via CB10
    How about from 9am till 3:30pm!!!!! Still stuck at 99%. I think it was more than given its chance??? Well, I called carrier and a new one is on the way. When this happened 3 weeks ago, I returned their replacement because I managed after 18 hours to get it to reload. This time, this one goes back.

But after 4 attempts just now, the

BlackBerry 10 Software Updates - New Update Software for BlackBerry Smartphones - US

method through Internet Explorer seems to be reloading the OS. But it asks you to turn off using the Power button which did not do anything. I had to use the two volume buttons and I had to try it three times since it barfed and could not find the pin after it had found it.

What I find interesting, security wise is that while the phone will not restart, using this method, it does still retain the password and asks that it be entered.
    12-26-13 05:47 PM