Hi,
    Tried everything I came across on Crackberry and other BB forums, no luck.......
    Was attempting to update 10.1 xxx to a 10.2 version Blitz for Z10. The phone is now just blinking one long red light, and 6 quick red lights. Triesd reload through Link, get the green light (good thing) then Link crashes about half way through during "Extracting Device Software". Get an "unspecified error." This is my backup device to my Passport, but I really don't want to lose it.
    Can anyone help me? I've been updating BB phones for years, never got to a place like this where nothing works!

THANKS!
    10-03-15 09:07 AM
    Just go ahead and run the latest autoloader.

https://drive.bitcasa.com/send/6tMMp...fSc0JPukRz42w/

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2639
    10-03-15 09:17 AM
    Just go ahead and run the latest autoloader.

https://drive.bitcasa.com/send/6tMMp...fSc0JPukRz42w/

Hi conite,
    Thanks for the response. I just tried an autoloader, probably not the same you recommend- It got partway through (with green light on) then just disconnected and disappeared. But now, I'm getting TWO quick red blinking light sequence.........,.?
    I'll try yours!

P.S.- That link is not working, but I am using an autoloader with a 10.1 made for the STL100-3 with no luck as described above. Anything else at all? Doubt it's the hardware, since the bootloader loads and the phone light turns green!
    Last edited by garpt; 10-03-15 at 10:04 AM.
    10-03-15 09:44 AM
    I tried 3 different bootloaders, from the earliest 10.3 to 10.3.2.2639 and they all quit at around block 100. Green light on phone switches back to double red flashing. I just find it odd that both Link and autoloaders "see" the phone, ask for the password, then start loading normally. This is the only thing giving me hope it's not hardware. But as a veteran myself, I'm out of ideas.
    Thoughts?
    Is this the end of my Z10?
    10-03-15 10:53 AM

P.S.- That link is not working, but I am using an autoloader with a 10.1 made for the STL100-3 with no luck as described above. Anything else at all? Doubt it's the hardware, since the bootloader loads and the phone light turns green!
    Link works fine. I just checked it again. It's Thurask's archive.

10-03-15 11:17 AM
    Link works fine. I just checked it again. It's Thurask's archive.

I actually found another link to it, it finally started but showed a 3 hour download time on my fairly quick connection. Anyway, as per above, that autoloader is one of three I've tried. Same results (above). I am now going to try the earliest 10.2 available foe the Z10. If that doesn't work, I may just try an OS from a slightly different model to see if that "jars" loose what appears to be a file that is hanging all the loaders about halfway through the process.. Yes, it's a desperation move at this point, but I don't know of any "strongroom" methods that are more invasive then an autoloader. But I'm open for suggestions.....
    10-03-15 11:29 AM
    I actually found another link to it, it finally started but showed a 3 hour download time on my fairly quick connection. Anyway, as per above, that autoloader is one of three I've tried. Same results (above).
    The autoloaders were updated in the archive with corrected versions. You should be fine now. There was an issue when they were first posted.

10-03-15 11:31 AM
    The autoloaders were updated in the archive with corrected versions. You should be fine now. There was an issue when they were first posted.

Thanks for the info. I've tried 6 different autoloaders now. They all do the same thing, bootloader loads fine, requests password, get green light, loads to around #100 on the hash scale, crash and close. Then back to double red blinking lights. Should I just trash it?
    10-03-15 12:20 PM
    Try an experiment. Cfp nuke -a from command line. Then connect the device. When it starts the blinking pattern you can then try the autoloader. Use the newest one for 2789 at this point.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-15 12:23 PM
    Thanks for the info. I've tried 6 different autoloaders now. They all do the same thing, bootloader loads fine, requests password, get green light, loads to around #100 on the hash scale, crash and close. Then back to double red blinking lights. Should I just trash it?
    I'd see if bblink can recover it to a working OS first... but you probably already gave that a go

Posted to CB via my Passport | Lloyd Summers | FileArchiveHaven
    10-03-15 12:35 PM
    I'd see if bblink can recover it to a working OS first... but you probably already gave that a go

Thanks for the input. Yes, tried many times. Almost exactly the same behavior. Recognizes phone, asks for PW, starts the process (green light on Z10), then failed message. That is what is so frustrating- the phone is recognized, and the light goes green. If it was a hardware failure, would that happen? It only scr**ed up when I tried to upgrade--- it was Fine!

P.S.: I finally caught the error message as the autoloader crashed and closed. It says "Failed to load image". Any clues?
    10-03-15 12:39 PM
    Well, if you've moved to 10.3.2 it won't let you install 10.3.1 and lower.. What's not clear to me is if it requires an actual boot, or if this block begins at the bootloader stage itself when flashing.. if so, then you can only focus on 10.3.2 at this point.

Seriously, try cfp.. it'll erase the device. This might be the only time this tool is useful for anyone.
    10-03-15 01:12 PM
    I am going to post this although it may have no bearing on what you're experiencing.

I just recently updated my Z10 to the latest OS using the Sachesi method. I had done this several times in the past with no issues whatsoever. But this last time it would get part way through and fail. I must have tried twenty times before I started to eliminate various possibilities.

It turned out that it was the USB cable I was using. I tried several before I found one that kept the link and then it worked fine.

Best of luck with your issue.

God Bless.

Posted via Z10
    Y. Z. likes this.
    10-03-15 01:32 PM
    Well, if you've moved to 10.3.2 it won't let you install 10.3.1 and lower.. What's not clear to me is if it requires an actual boot, or if this block begins at the bootloader stage itself when flashing.. if so, then you can only focus on 10.3.2 at this point.

Seriously, try cfp.. it'll erase the device. This might be the only time this tool is useful for anyone.
    Thanks. I tried CFP, the app "flashes" on the PC screen, then closes. Is there any required prerequisite app or software required to run CFP?
    The bootloader finds the phone, asks for PW, and starts with the hashmark loading for about 100 "blocks", if thats what they are called. The phone screen itself is black, constantly, no images at all. The Z10 LED turns from RED to GREEN when loading starts.
    Thanks!

Thank you, jackcarr. And you as well.
    Yes, I have covered most all bases, tried official and "unofficial" USB cables, two PC's, and 3 USB ports.
    Frustrating and baffled.
    10-03-15 05:42 PM
    The only causes I can think of off hand...

... maybe the Images are corrupting. Either during download or during upload via USB.

... the image copies successfully but something is so wrong on the device it can't store or run the image. Without being able to do a system restore, or look deeper, I'm not sure how to tackle that one.

... or the image downloaded, stored and executed successfully. But the current OS installed isn't upgradeable / downgradeable. The only OS I know of like that is 10.3.2 for downgrading...

10-03-15 09:23 PM
    You run it from the command line terminal window.. it's not a GUI program.. you need to type. That's why it closed before you could do anything.
    10-03-15 10:43 PM
    The only causes I can think of off hand...

... maybe the Images are corrupting. Either during download or during upload via USB.

... the image copies successfully but something is so wrong on the device it can't store or run the image. Without being able to do a system restore, or look deeper, I'm not sure how to tackle that one.

... or the image downloaded, stored and executed successfully. But the current OS installed isn't upgradeable / downgradeable. The only OS I know of like that is 10.3.2 for downgrading...

I was attempting to load the latest 10.3.2789 for the Z10 100-3. I left it and came back to the blinking light.
    I'm stuck as well.
    10-04-15 09:17 AM
    You run it from the command line terminal window.. it's not a GUI program.. you need to type. That's why it closed before you could do anything.
    That would explain it. I will definitely give that a shot later today. I've always been proud that I never owned a BB that "broke". Well worn, (a few of them), but they all retired working.
    Thank You!
    Y. Z. likes this.
    10-04-15 09:19 AM
    @Technarch that nuke command you posted earlier... do you run it from the Windows terminal command line or the autoloader terminal command line? Nice piece of info to have in case I ever brick a device (fingers crossed).

Posted via CB10
    10-04-15 05:44 PM
    Windows. The version I have is 5.7

Posted via CB10
    10-04-15 06:01 PM
    Try an experiment. Cfp nuke -a from command line. Then connect the device. When it starts the blinking pattern you can then try the autoloader. Use the newest one for 2789 at this point.

Posted via CB10
    Hi Technarch,

OK, got into the terminal, ran the nuke -a command, and it connects to bootrom. Good start. Then, it loads (I assume the bootrom) after asking for password. Also good. Then, it asks for the P/W again, this time will not accept (recognize) it.
    I tried quickly unplugging and replugging the USB port. It says "your device is currently being erased"! At this point, the LED goes to solid red. After about 1 1./2 minutes, it disconnects and the double red blink comes back.I try autoloader to one of the later 10.3.2.24** versions. Same problem- connects to bootrom, green LED, then quits and back to blinking red.
    Is this the last hoorah? ANYTHING else I should try?
    Thank you for your continued help! -GT
    10-05-15 09:11 AM
    It's dead Jim. At this point, if it's worth it to you, all you can do now is call BlackBerry technical support and ask for a repair. It probably won't be free, but I don't know how much they would charge. You don't have to give them a big story, just state that your device has a problem, that you've already gone to BB Link and attempted to restore it, but it's giving you a green LED and not completing the restore process and are they able to examine the device and possibly fix it.
    10-05-15 12:23 PM
    It's dead Jim. At this point, if it's worth it to you, all you can do now is call BlackBerry technical support and ask for a repair. It probably won't be free, but I don't know how much they would charge. You don't have to give them a big story, just state that your device has a problem, that you've already gone to BB Link and attempted to restore it, but it's giving you a green LED and not completing the restore process and are they able to examine the device and possibly fix it.
    GOT IT!
    Thanks, Technarch and all who assisted. I thought it had gone to the beyond, I have over 10 hours in this thing over the weekend and today. But the fact that it DID load the bootloader and showed a green LED still gave me a glimmer of hope that it was not a hardware problem. I can't exactly say what did it, a combination of tenacity and "insane-ness", I guess (doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.) I kept trying CPR, unplugging and plugging in the USB during load attempts, continuing to try to use autoloaders, then just letting it sit after I finally gave up. First, I looked at the screen an hour later, and saw the yellow triangle error, the first sign of life in days. Then, the LED went to solid red. I turned it off and on a few times, and saw the beautiful BlackBerry logo appear. Once I went through the tutorial, I found it was on the latest O.S. as well!
    As I tell my friends and co-workers, you can't kill a Blackberry! I keep my string intact!

Thanks again to all!
    Gary
    PHughes and Y. Z. like this.
    10-05-15 01:35 PM
    Awesome!
    10-05-15 05:07 PM
    Hooray! Back in business!

Posted via Z10
    10-06-15 05:28 AM
36 12