It seems that every since I got my first BlackBerry, I have been more aware of all the negativity linked to the company and its devices. This has been especially true, but not exclusively, to tech sites, social media and press in the United States.

There is no news there. It has been going on for a long time. HOWEVER I am beginning to see more and more negative posts as we approach the release of the Z10. I've noticed many more negative tweets, clearly from people who have not tried the device. There seems to be quite a bit more trolling in Crackberry's forums. And so on.

While a lot of this is coming from fans of other devices I also think that PR agencies linked to other major players in the marketplace are involved. After all, they must be smelling blood. If they can generate enough negative feedback with regard to the Z10, they might be able to seriously hurt one of their global competition. They may be able to put it out of the race altogether (though I don't think that will happen) if the launch fails in the US .

I know this sounds like conspiracy theory. Perhaps it is but I for one think we're going to see a lot more of this sort of negativity im the next while. And I wouldn't be surprised if the big PR machines aren't a part of it. So hold on to your hat, the next weeks see going to be quite the ride.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-13 08:12 PM
    I'm sure there is much truth to what you presented OP. There is over 100 million shorts out on BlackBerry. I feel there may be some negative media to push this agenda.

One thing we can't deny is the fact that z10 customer reviews are amazing!

I myself as a consumer tend to look at user reviews as opposed to technology reviews. I'm sure many people are this way
    alan510 and irweezyy like this.
    03-18-13 08:24 PM
    Yeah they do it politics quite freely. I can't imagine that Cell phones would get a lot more respect. Lets just rely on the fact that at least 50% of Americans are smarter than that(Obama Supporters) but even that is not a given because when Money is involved and or lively hood that **** goes out the window wherever one lives!
    Dextermutt and alan510 like this.
    03-18-13 08:24 PM
    Unfortunately people can't seem to stop themselves from posting in those negatively titled threads.

Posted via CB10
    Dapper37 likes this.
    03-18-13 08:28 PM
    Exactly...watch the User reviews and better yet watch the orders of 1 Million units, based on successful companies saying....this is a good bet!
    03-18-13 08:28 PM
    I agree, but where we can help a new Z10 owner get by the curves we need to post and post positively. That being said why a person would sign on to a new platform without some research befuddles me?
    03-18-13 08:32 PM
    I just ordered mine! Take that you negative people.
    spike12, shads77 and thecurryman like this.
    03-18-13 08:35 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=783014

Even Canadian Press is being negative.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-13 09:24 PM
    It seems that every since I got my first BlackBerry, I have been more aware of all the negativity linked to the company and its devices. This has been especially true, but not exclusively, to tech sites, social media and press in the United States.

There is no news there. It has been going on for a long time. HOWEVER I am beginning to see more and more negative posts as we approach the release of the Z10. I've noticed many more negative tweets, clearly from people who have not tried the device. There seems to be quite a bit more trolling in Crackberry's forums. And so on.

While a lot of this is coming from fans of other devices I also think that PR agencies linked to other major players in the marketplace are involved. After all, they must be smelling blood. If they can generate enough negative feedback with regard to the Z10, they might be able to seriously hurt one of their global competition. They may be able to put it out of the race altogether (though I don't think that will happen) if the launch fails in the US .

I know this sounds like conspiracy theory. Perhaps it is but I for one think we're going to see a lot more of this sort of negativity im the next while. And I wouldn't be surprised if the big PR machines aren't a part of it. So hold on to your hat, the next weeks see going to be quite the ride.

Posted via CB10
    Unknown leads to fear, "fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering" -- Master Yoda
    chm985 likes this.
    03-18-13 09:33 PM
    When something new and revolutionary comes along a lot of people panic and try to ensure themselves that whatever it is they have backed is the only possible right decision anyone can make and everyone else is wrong. The numbers will speak for themselves just give it time for all those naysayers there's a person like us that is more than happy to embrace new things and at the end of the day well have supported innovation instead of latching on to the stale current.

Posted via the Batcave
    alan510, Omnitech and shads77 like this.
    03-18-13 09:55 PM
    I think it's that everyone wants to see a giant fail, RIM was at one time the king! But I love an underdog and would love to see BlackBerry bounce back, but not be like Apple. Their products are truly for their cult masses. Love my I pad and Apple TV. Hate their phone and their cult mentality. Iphones are for lazy unproductive people where I live

Posted via CB10
    03-18-13 10:07 PM
    I would say the OP is almost certainly right and one look at the other thread beginning with "Disappointment" will clearly show a transparently obvious attempt at such negative advertising. It's unbelievably lame but gets lots of readings and responses. A while ago I might have been a bit more concerned about it but the quality of the hardware and software just seems too undeniable now and its long-term prospects are looking very, very good.

Our American friends just recently came through another campaign of well funded negativity and fear-mongering and they decided to take the higher road and I'm quite sure they'll do the same again.

Posted via CB10
    alan510 and shads77 like this.
    03-18-13 10:13 PM
    I think it's that everyone wants to see a giant fail, RIM was at one time the king! But I love an underdog and would love to see BlackBerry bounce back, but not be like Apple.

Posted via CB10
    I'm really rooting for BB. I've stuck by them in an office full of IT people that all switched to iPhones and gave me grief for my decision. Vindication would be sweet, not to mention I still think BB is a better phone for business use.
    danfrancisco likes this.
    03-18-13 10:17 PM
    I'm really rooting for BB. I've stuck by them in an office full of IT people that all switched to iPhones and gave me grief for my decision. Vindication would be sweet, not to mention I still think BB is a better phone for business use.
    Can I get a He-LL Ya for that post?!? I'm with you... watching my BBM contact list dwindle down to essentially just my wife was depressing. 2012 was NOT a good year! However 2013 has been off to a great start! Two of my friends came back and I'm hoping more will follow suit.

I for one, love being an underdog backer. I'm okay if BBRY never makes it back to #1. In fact I would be happy as a clam if they solidified the #3 spot. BBs aren't for everyone. As long as they remain profitable and can continue to thrive in the mobile space, they'll always have a lifelong customer in me.
    03-18-13 10:24 PM
    Looking forward to my VZW BB10's, black and white! I take my press negativity (US) with a very large fistful of salt.

I'm OG BB but my wife is new to it. Her ip4 is going on CL!
    03-18-13 10:33 PM
    It all comes down to personal preference. It is a great thing that people are even going to TRY BB10 and if it suits them, it will stick. If not, they'll give their thoughts on this open forum for other people to read. Move on to the phone they prefer and everyone will live happily ever after with their choice. If someone is intelligent enough to view videos on a phone, do their research then they'll see the bad, but they'll also see the good and then go try out the device for themselves.

There will also be people at their wits end because, like all phones, nothing comes out of the gate perfect. There will be lemons. Software won't work. Things will happen. And no, they won't be from Google or Apple. If Apple or Google wanted to have an impact then they would target those on the fence than other ways other than going to one of the most passionate and sometimes fan-person infested site, on the internet. What YOU can do is be patient with these people and if they don't calm down then just leave. They aren't going to stop and if you do call them a troll or iSheep or something disrespectful it only serves to aggravate them more and they will retaliate. Be welcoming. Show the strengths of the device. That is all you can do.
    anon(5639363) likes this.
    03-18-13 10:35 PM
    Yes, I went through a little phase where I thought I should jump in to defend BlackBerry at every opportunity. I have to honestly say that since I'm just so impressed by the z10, I have decided to just have faith that the quality of the product will win out in the end.

Posted via CB10
    shads77 likes this.
    03-18-13 11:02 PM
    This is unfortunate with negativity. But everyone has a bias. I love BlackBerry and I have to fight through a onslaught of iPhone and android users at work. A few of them bash me everyday for using BlackBerry and will not even acknowledge the impending release of BlackBerry 10 and the hopeful future of BlackBerry.
    03-18-13 11:06 PM
    Yeah they do it politics quite freely. I can't imagine that Cell phones would get a lot more respect. Lets just rely on the fact that at least 50% of Americans are smarter than that(Obama Supporters) but even that is not a given because when Money is involved and or lively hood that **** goes out the window wherever one lives!
    Did you mean to say that the 50 percent who voted for Obama are actually the more intelligent ones? That's what 88 percent of Canada believes.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-13 12:14 AM

Posted via CB10
    I listen to TWiT.tv podcasts almost every day on my way to work and back in my car because it's like being able to surf Engadget or Verge tech news websites but as audio streams instead (so awesome!). They were pretty harsh on it yesterday. I mean not even critical which would have been bad enough, but they were just outright dismissive of it as if it wasn't even worthy of taking the time for even a bad review.
    03-19-13 12:22 AM
    Ya, I don't know how this is going to work out for BlackBerry in the States? How do you fight all this negativity? Very worried about how the company would even go about starting this hard uphill climb.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by xBURK; 03-19-13 at 12:46 AM.
    03-19-13 12:32 AM
    No offense but the US market is messed up. I had a guy recently tell me one of the main selling features of the Galaxy S4 was being able to hover scroll the screen without touching it so he could use it while eating his chicken wings.

I'm serious.

How do you even try to sell intelligent features into a market that thrives off of HoneyBooBoo and Real Housewives of NJ? How? I'll tell you how. Give them a phone that lets them eat greasy wings or dry their nail polish while using it. Samsung knows their target audience well, I'll give them credit for that.
    inked18, koolpep, ErinnM and 3 others like this.
    03-19-13 12:44 AM
    I guess BlackBerry could first start by sending Honey Boo Boo a Z10?

Posted via CB10
    omniusovermind likes this.
    03-19-13 12:47 AM
    No offense but the US market is messed up. I had a guy recently tell me one of the main selling features of the Galaxy S4 was being able to hover scroll the screen without touching it so he could use it while eating his chicken wings.

I'm serious.

How do you even try to sell intelligent features into a market that thrives off of HoneyBooBoo and Real Housewives of NJ? How? I'll tell you how. Give them a phone that lets them eat greasy wings or dry their nail polish while using it. Samsung knows their target audience well, I'll give them credit for that.
    LMFAO o man you have no idea how many times I'm going to ask my fandroid friends if that's the reason they're looking forward to the S4.
    03-19-13 02:11 AM
    The tech site ELECTRONISTA, based in San Francisco near Apple HQ, is reporting tonight that Apple has won a huge contract at the United States Department of Defense. What the headlines mean is that the Pentagon is dumping BlackBerry. Of course, this is all based on nameless sources and on "Pending" decisions. Still, being released as an "Exclusive" on the eve of the launch of Z10 in the United States speaks is interesting to say the least. Anyone want to bet that the sources are linked to Cupertino and likely have not been double checked with the Pentagon. After all, there are no formal releases coming from DoD, just this leak to this publication not far from the Silicon Valley.

True or not the timing is clearly designed to put a damper on the Z10 launch. Give that sharp Apple PR team its due. It's all about timing. This is hard ball.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-13 08:18 PM
30 12