what should i do? amazon app store, skype and whatsapp downloaded already. what other apps are must haves? generally speaking, what do you recommend?

specifically, if i want to play with instagram, should i get the actual android app, or go with a native copy?

thanks.
    01-05-14 01:54 PM
    what should i do? amazon app store, skype and whatsapp downloaded already. what other apps are must haves? generally speaking, what do you recommend?

specifically, if i want to play with instagram, should i get the actual android app, or go with a native copy?

thanks.
    if you know how to side load
    Side load this http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...-2-1-a-874153/ and install apks from play store
    01-05-14 03:27 PM
    Hi, how does snap compare to the amazon App Store, in terms of security?

Thanks
    01-06-14 04:26 PM
    Sideload Snap and you can install apps right from the Google Play Store. One sideload and go! I also use the Amazon App Store, but most of my Android apps are from Google Play.
    01-06-14 06:34 PM
    If you have an Amazon account, you can purchase android apps that they sell on their store. I've done it with no problem.

I don't think that's possible with Snap. But then, I don't have, and will never get a Google account, so I can't use Snap.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-14 06:45 PM
    If you have an Amazon account, you can purchase android apps that they sell on their store. I've done it with no problem.

I don't think that's possible with Snap. But then, I don't have, and will never get a Google account, so I can't use Snap.

Posted via CB10
    Why won't you ever get a Google account just curious

Posted via CB10
    01-06-14 06:50 PM
    Why won't you ever get a Google account just curious

Posted via CB10
    UPDATED below, but my original response...

More of a personal conviction. I don't like the idea of being forced to use someone's email service, especially if I already have a perfectly good email address.

You can't activate an android phone unless you first set up specifically a Gmail account. Even if you already had a Google account tied to another existing non-Google email, which I know you used to be able to do. Maybe you still can, and if so, I'll look into it again. But everything I've seen recently indicates otherwise.

Even if I'd never use it, I don't want to be another number in Google's user count. To me, the android phone Gmail requirement is just a smarmy user count grab.

Yes, BlackBerry and Amazon need emails for their accounts too, but an existing email can be used that is not hosted on their servers for them to harvest information from. And, my ISP doesn't do their own spamming of my inbox.

Now, as I said, if it's still possible to set up a Google account with a non-Google email, and it works in the Play Store, then I may reconsider.

Posted via CB10

Update: Okay after all that, I looked up if you could still make an account without a Gmail address. I found a link that let's you use an existing email.

Turns out, I had already made a Google account with my email address. I must have done it years ago. I had to reset the password, but it was there. It's so old that there is no real name associated with it. Just the email address as both the name and email.

I went ahead and plugged in my address and new password into Snap, and it worked.

So, I take it all back about Snap. I still refuse to make a Gmail account, but as long as I can work with the account I have as is, I'm okay.
    Last edited by joeldf; 01-06-14 at 11:10 PM.
    01-06-14 10:21 PM