Upgraded to a Passport recently and gave the Z10 to my girlfriend which considering she was using an iPhone 4s, not only did I upgrade her but I converted her too

It's been a few weeks and she seems to be enjoying it for the most part.

Her feedback:

Switching between open apps is effortless and "in your face" compared to iOS. She also mentioned how she can still hear youtube audio playing on the minimized browser while she does other tasks, not possible in iOS.

2.Virtual keyboard typing experience:
    Gestures, flick to type and layout superior over her 4s

3.Hub and Email:
    Running and managing 3 heavy email accounts effortlessly with the hub and priority hub is a game changer. She said she'd be happy if the Hub was strictly for email but the fact that it also integrates social media, text and notifications is mind-blowing.

4. OEM apps:
    Loves the calendar layout and is heavy on remember with Evernote integration.

5. Miscellaneous likes:
    She's more organized, communication is less of a chore, Red notification LED, lock screen notifications, peeking, NFC sharing, BBM Video chat, bigger screen size, LTE, improved speed and overall OS experience (no home button or double clicking to multitask!)

DISLIKES:

1. BATTERY LIFE
    2. Camera glitches (doesn't work randomly sometimes)
    3. Picture/memory card glitches?? (photos she takes with camera sometimes don't show up in picture library and she has to access the using the file manager)

Other frustrations was that she wasn't getting text from other iphone users due to Apples iMessage servers and had to spend time fixing that issue. I'm sure the App issue would of been a big problem too if I wasn't there to sideload Amazon and Snap for her. Because of this, apps are a non-issue.

The only other feedback I have is from my personal observation and I definitely notice her using her phone more often.

Any tips on how to fix some of the problems she's having specially the battery life?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 12:06 AM
    If you love her, give her your passport and keep using old z10.
    J/k
    01-14-15 01:54 AM
    The fact that you said donated!

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 01:58 AM
    The best way to fix the battery issue is the fat battery. 4500mAh on Amazon or fleabay and should be about 20-30 quid/bucks. It makes the phone fatter and heavier but in my mind it makes the phone less toy like and easier to hold and fondlehandle.

The next way to fix the battery life is the Z30.
    Douken and kasedillz like this.
    01-14-15 04:13 AM
    The best way to fix the battery issue is the fat battery. 4500mAh on Amazon or fleabay and should be about 20-30 quid/bucks. It makes the phone fatter and heavier but in my mind it makes the phone less toy like and easier to hold and fondlehandle.

The next way to fix the battery life is the Z30.
    Thanks I'll keep that in mind. Personally I wouldn't mind it, just need to look into the best battery options out there. There is a lot of garbage for sale

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 08:39 AM
    What apps do you have running? My battery was lasting 4 hrs with moderate use... so I went thru my apps that I recently loaded and deleted them and now I'm getting a day and a half.

The 7digital app I think was the culprit...anyways, it's one avenue before spending money.

I'd she's just starting out in it, do a complete wipe, start fresh.

Posted via CB10
    kasedillz likes this.
    01-14-15 08:53 AM
    Forgot to mention, I have the same issue with my pictures. I think it's my card. I have a 32 GB Sandisk... it happens every so often.

A restart will clear it.

But I think I need to investigate another card...but I'll do that after the 10.3 update.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 09:02 AM
    Forgot to mention, I have the same issue with my pictures. I think it's my card. I have a 32 GB Sandisk... it happens every so often.

A restart will clear it.

But I think I need to investigate another card...but I'll do that after the 10.3 update.

Posted via CB10
    So strange... I don't have those issues on my passport with 10.3

I did do a wipe of the phone before handing it over to her.
    However the media card (a 64gig Scandisk) retained all my media.
    Thanks for your input

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 11:19 AM
    Here was a thread in the last few days about how to solve the missing photo issue. But saving to internal memory will avoid it but then remember to copy or move to the card For backup. I think newer os has fixed the problem
    01-15-15 01:01 AM
    Upgraded to a Passport recently and gave the Z10 to my girlfriend which considering she was using an iPhone 4s, not only did I upgrade her but I converted her too

It's been a few weeks and she seems to be enjoying it for the most part.

Her feedback:

Switching between open apps is effortless and "in your face" compared to iOS. She also mentioned how she can still hear youtube audio playing on the minimized browser while she does other tasks, not possible in iOS.

2.Virtual keyboard typing experience:
    Gestures, flick to type and layout superior over her 4s

3.Hub and Email:
    Running and managing 3 heavy email accounts effortlessly with the hub and priority hub is a game changer. She said she'd be happy if the Hub was strictly for email but the fact that it also integrates social media, text and notifications is mind-blowing.

4. OEM apps:
    Loves the calendar layout and is heavy on remember with Evernote integration.

5. Miscellaneous likes:
    She's more organized, communication is less of a chore, Red notification LED, lock screen notifications, peeking, NFC sharing, BBM Video chat, bigger screen size, LTE, improved speed and overall OS experience (no home button or double clicking to multitask!)

DISLIKES:

1. BATTERY LIFE
    2. Camera glitches (doesn't work randomly sometimes)
    3. Picture/memory card glitches?? (photos she takes with camera sometimes don't show up in picture library and she has to access the using the file manager)

Other frustrations was that she wasn't getting text from other iphone users due to Apples iMessage servers and had to spend time fixing that issue. I'm sure the App issue would of been a big problem too if I wasn't there to sideload Amazon and Snap for her. Because of this, apps are a non-issue.

The only other feedback I have is from my personal observation and I definitely notice her using her phone more often.

Any tips on how to fix some of the problems she's having specially the battery life?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    Did she liked the camera in z10 or iPhone 4S?

Posted via CB10
    01-15-15 01:31 AM
    Did she liked the camera in z10 or iPhone 4S?

Posted via CB10
    She hasn't said much on the camera. She's fine with the features and quality but like I said, annoyed my the fact it randomly doesn't work.

E.g., when you turn it on sometimes the green focus square never comes up on the screen and nothing happens when you touch the screen to take snap a photo.

Given that she does a lot of retail market research for work and big on social media like instagram, it needs to be dependable.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-15 08:46 AM
    She hasn't said much on the camera. She's fine with the features and quality but like I said, annoyed my the fact it randomly doesn't work.

E.g., when you turn it on sometimes the green focus square never comes up on the screen and nothing happens when you touch the screen to take snap a photo.

Given that she does a lot of retail market research for work and big on social media like instagram, it needs to be dependable.

Posted via CB10
    which OS is it? (z10)
    Is it STL100-1?

Posted via CB10
    01-15-15 11:25 AM
    I believe so, it's an unlocked z10 originally bough from a T-Mobile US store

Posted via CB10
    01-15-15 11:38 AM
    debating getting a passport or moving to an htc 1 m8 not sure yet
    01-16-15 12:20 PM
    I generally get at least 12 hours out of my battery on the Z10 at home, as long as i have good signal, LTE. If I travel internationally, which I do almost weekly, I get bad battery life since it is often searching for a signal and the signal I get is poor. For that, I have four batteries. I bought three battery bundles. The little charging case makes them convenient to charge and carry. For most people I would say one extra battery would be enough.

Plug the phone in any chance you get, in the car, and always at night. Pop in a new battery when needed. With batteries so cheap and small, I never cease to be amazed at the posts regarding battery issues.
    01-17-15 10:48 AM