Rollseyes?....LOL what are you....11?

How often do you use the chip? Judging by your own admission you say you swipe. And before you answer back, little back story.... I travel....a lot. I have never used my chip in the US. But I will tell you I never swipe anymore here in Canada. You folks are way behind on both security and payment method down there.

CB10'n it via da Z
    I was paying for gas almost exclusively with tap and pay about 8-9 years ago with my trusty Esso Speed Pass. My debit card doesn't have tap and pay yet but all my credit cards do and have for years.. if I can pay for everything with my phone then I only need id and cash for when the system's down. Sounds like a win to me.

Posted via CB10
    scrapmetal58 likes this.
    12-17-13 07:02 AM
    Man I wish Mcdonald's has an app too as I go there more often than Tims.
    12-17-13 10:00 AM
    I was paying for gas almost exclusively with tap and pay about 8-9 years ago with my trusty Esso Speed Pass. My debit card doesn't have tap and pay yet but all my credit cards do and have for years.. if I can pay for everything with my phone then I only need id and cash for when the system's down. Sounds like a win to me.

Posted via CB10
    many DL's have a chip now and soon hopefully your ID can just be loaded onto your phone

paper_monkey likes this.
    12-17-13 10:16 AM
    many DL's have a chip now and soon hopefully your ID can just be loaded onto your phone

There was some manner of debate about that a year or so back (well given the election cycle likely several years but I digress) in Ontario and I feel like our fear(clue..?)less leaders opted to not have smart licences. I could be making all of this up though.. I've been told I have an active imagination.

I have discovered the very nasty, very horrifying downside to all of this NFC business.. When the staff are in shock at the meathod of payment, it seems they are more prone to mistakes so ones's perfectly prepared coffee turns out to be an undrinkable tripple double.. ::Sad Panda:: |(
    12-17-13 01:01 PM
    bcdl now has chip

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 01:15 PM
    McDicks has NFC... in Canada anyways.. They dont have an 'app' per say, but if you are a CIBC customer, you can get the mobile payment app which works anywhere that accepts credit cards and uses NFC (which is pretty much everywhere..)

Man I wish Mcdonald's has an app too as I go there more often than Tims.
    12-17-13 03:22 PM
    Bought 2 coffes today using my phone!

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 03:25 PM
    McDicks has NFC... in Canada anyways.. They dont have an 'app' per say, but if you are a CIBC customer, you can get the mobile payment app which works anywhere that accepts credit cards and uses NFC (which is pretty much everywhere..)
    you need an nfc enabled rogers sim. no other carriers are participating yet

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 03:44 PM
    Hit Tim Horton's three times today. The reaction is priceless.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 05:13 PM
    Hit Tim Horton's three times today. The reaction is priceless.

Posted via CB10
    whatever floats you'd boat

12-17-13 05:22 PM
    Has anyone used this with a case on? Does it work. I have quite a bulky case on my z10 it's otterbox like I was wondering if anyone has tried and had success with a bulky case.
    Works with an incepio dual pro

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 05:31 PM
    That's an expensive coffee.

Z on Channels
    12-17-13 06:00 PM
    Huzzah! Finally got it to work tonight went through the drive through in Erin and hit it to work on my first attempt

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 12:41 AM
    Tried it at the drive through 2 time both did jot work.... haven't gone inside yet will have to so it.

Posted on CB10 with a Zee10 on 10.2.1.xxxx
    12-18-13 09:51 AM
    I have yet to try this Tims nfc purchase option. Do you have to have the Tims ap open when you go to pay via nfc?

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 10:42 AM
    I have yet to try this Tims nfc purchase option. Do you have to have the Tims ap open when you go to pay via nfc?

Posted via CB10
    Yes. You need to have the app open, a card registered to the app and select "pay now"

Posted via CB10
    Carjackd likes this.
    12-18-13 12:28 PM
    In order to do all that I see absolutely no benefit paying via nfc as compared to using an actual Tims card. It's a longer process then just swiping your card. Please explain to me any benefits if any paying with NFC. ?

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 02:35 PM
    In order to do all that I see absolutely no benefit paying via nfc as compared to using an actual Tims card. It's a longer process then just swiping your card. Please explain to me any benefits if any paying with NFC. ?

Posted via CB10
    You mean apart from the geek cred..? Opening the app takes a matter of seconds, you can check the balance on your card and then paying takes no longer than using the card itself but theoretically, multiple people could share the same card, if you are prone to having your phone out anyway then it's Faster than putting it away and getting out your wallet.

It's just a different implementation of tap-n-pay..

Posted via CB10
    FF22 and Karan Mohal like this.
    12-18-13 03:12 PM

Posted via CB10
    The manager of my local Tim Hortons mentioned that they will eventually phase out the gift card in favour of NFC payments.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 09:20 AM
    and that makes a lot of sense because gift cards cost money to make and they wear out machines...... everybody has been to a Walmart with worn machines and knows what that is like

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 10:57 AM
    Thanks for this post just bought first coffee with nfc!!

The guy was so amazed he jumped over and said what is this i never seen that he said lol he looked at me the hole time i was waiting and he was all confused Lmfao

Just made my day Cheers !!

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 12:55 PM
    ya that is true... hopefully more pick it up..

you need an nfc enabled rogers sim. no other carriers are participating yet

Posted via CB10
    12-20-13 11:22 PM
    Just hit the drive though at Appleby Line and Harvester in Burlington, NFC'd my payment the employee said "What the hell was that?" I explained and her threw his arms up in the air and said "that's it I quit!"

Posted via CB10
    12-21-13 06:14 PM
    I tried to use the Tin Hortons app, but the store I went to had no idea how to accept an NFC payment. The kids working had never heard of the Tim's application either. They claimed that their system was not capable of receiving such a transaction? I thought that all of the Tim's were up and running? The store I went to was in South Portland Maine

Posted via CB10
    12-21-13 06:37 PM
    You were suppose to tell them u are paying by Tim card.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-13 07:53 PM
144 ... 3456