Starbucks is ten times worse. I go to the speciality shops for good coffee!
    I found most specialty shops are too cheap with their coffee, which is only OK if you like weak coffee
    12-16-13 10:00 AM
    I crapped out on my first attempt too.. once you find the sweet spot for your phone you should be in good shape. For me (using a Z30) in the drive-thru I basically had to turn my phone sideways and stick the top 'into' the case on the pin pad so that the antenna was close enough to the reader to trigger. You can see on the battery door where the antenna on the 10 is so you just have to make sure you hold that part over the screen on the pin pad (or if you are inside and they have a separate 'tap and pay' sensor then obviously over that.

It sounds like the staffer knew what they were supposed to do (though they still might have made a mistake) and I only ask this next question because I forgot to do it the second time I tried.. did you select pay now because I forgot to but thankfully realized after putting my phone up to the pin pad so I hit it and it worked like a charm.

It seems the key is to tell them you are paying with Tim Card then tell them tap and pay if they look at you funny when you start moving your phone to the terminal.
    Yeah, I think I'll have to find the sweet spot, I just tried placing the phone sideways across the terminal and hoping to hit the centre of the phone lol

And yes, I did tap the "pay now" option and it takes you a screen that shows the phone tapping the terminal, even had it time out because the guy was taking too long to select Tim's Card payment option lol had to tap "pay now" a second time.

Will look for the sweet spot of the NFC antenna and try holding it longer. I remember the first time I "tapped to pay" with my debit card it took a few tries to get it right. Now it works like a charm lol

Posted via CB10
    paper_monkey and pwee111111 like this.
    12-16-13 10:09 AM
    I found most specialty shops are too cheap with their coffee, which is only OK if you like weak coffee
    That is why there are so many different coffee shops. Everyone has different tastes.
    12-16-13 10:12 AM
    Starbucks is ten times worse. I go to the speciality shops for good coffee!
    I only go to Starbucks to overpay for those cake pop thingys

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 10:24 AM
    Yeah, I think I'll have to find the sweet spot, I just tried placing the phone sideways across the terminal and hoping to hit the centre of the phone lol

And yes, I did tap the "pay now" option and it takes you a screen that shows the phone tapping the terminal, even had it time out because the guy was taking too long to select Tim's Card payment option lol had to tap "pay now" a second time.

Posted via CB10
    Once you tap the pay now you should see the following screen! Tap in the area of the moving phone! You should be good, This is the screen that you need to get to. Dam! Now I have to go and get a coffee.
    Attached Thumbnails Bought a coffee using my Z10 this morning!-img_00000646.png  
    12-16-13 10:46 AM
    Has anyone used this with a case on? Does it work. I have quite a bulky case on my z10 it's otterbox like I was wondering if anyone has tried and had success with a bulky case.
    12-16-13 11:02 AM
    For those worried about needing data, remember Timmies has wi-fi.

By the way I tried it and it works really well. The first time I went there I made sure it wasn't busy. Didn't want to be the knob holding up everyone else. The three people working there were really surprised and impressed though one did ask if it works with an iPhone. I told her I didn't think so. All I know is that it rocks on a BlackBerry 10!

Posted via CB10
    2cats1dog likes this.
    12-16-13 11:17 AM
    Has anyone used this with a case on? Does it work. I have quite a bulky case on my z10 it's otterbox like I was wondering if anyone has tried and had success with a bulky case.
    I have tried it with the BlackBerry Flip Case and the OBox. I had no problems with either of them.
    Borough likes this.
    12-16-13 11:28 AM
    get a Starbucks app and go there
    I just set up the MAKE app with my Starbucks card

will have to try it tonight

Between this and the Timmies app, this will be me soon....LOL LOL

pmccartney likes this.
    12-16-13 12:13 PM
    Found that different terminals require different 'tapping' methods...

Bought a coffee & Chicken Panini, tapped the top corner of the phone after hitting 'Pay Now' and it worked perfectly.

So cool, I had to go try it again ... so I lined up and bought a couple of donuts at a different cash terminal, same location. This time I had to play with the phone a bit to get it to register, this time I had to lay the back of the phone against the pad
    but it worked fine.

Both cashiers were impressed... they had never heard of the app or how you could tap to pay from a phone.
    12-16-13 03:39 PM
    Ah, just wait till pickpockets figure this out and rather than slip your wallet out of your pocket, they just tap you!
    *****, your phone, nfc, and app has to be all on at the same time to be able to tap at the maximum of $50 off you. if a pickpocket was smart, he would just go directly and tap your wallet for the credit cards w/ paypass that dont even need a passcode.

Where else can you use NFC to pay? Tims is the first place I've heard of
    in canada, pretty much anywhere that accepts paypass/wave credit cards takes nfc

I just set up the MAKE app with my Starbucks card

will have to try it tonight

Between this and the Timmies app, this will be me soon....LOL LOL
    i believe the make doesnt even use nfc, it just generates a bar code
    FF22 and fanatical like this.
    12-16-13 03:56 PM
    Has anyone gotten this working in Winnipeg???
    12-16-13 04:10 PM
    how you managed to twist my statement into this has no basis or credibility....this is yet another thread you are trying to derail with miss- information

Yes and don't forget Blackberry once said " you don't need apps" Big mistake like this is going to be Apple Big Mistake. Maybe not quite so big as that little App oversight. Nevertheless, used mine today, and the employee at Tim Horton's look at me like I was from another planet.
    Bought a coffee using my Z10 this morning!-img_00003843.png

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 04:37 PM
    Right. NFC is a huge waste of resources. NFC on BB10 is barely supported by anyone. There is no future in this whatsoever. Apple is right.

Posted via CB10
    Lmao wow dude your in these posts making a fool of yourself, quit while your ahead...really. lol

BlackBerry forever, haters never!
    12-16-13 04:57 PM
    *****, your phone, nfc, and app has to be all on at the same time to be able to tap at the maximum of $50 off you. if a pickpocket was smart, he would just go directly and tap your wallet for the credit cards w/ paypass that dont even need a passcode.

in canada, pretty much anywhere that accepts paypass/wave credit cards takes nfc

i believe the make doesnt even use nfc, it just generates a bar code
    You are correct, it's just the barcode.....but you still whip out the phone to pay

CB10'n it via da Z
    12-16-13 04:59 PM
    You are correct, it's just the barcode.....but you still whip out the phone to pay

CB10'n it via da Z
    Yes! And make sure it is the phone that you whip out as anything else may not work and might get you arrested!
    FF22, Carjackd and ibpluto like this.
    12-16-13 05:10 PM
    Just remember to instruct them you are paying with your Tim Card.

Do not say you are paying with your phone (Tap to go), because I think that triggers the CIBC payment option and that needs a special Sim card. I did this once by mistake and it didn't work because the person at the counter was clueless. Got an error on the terminal. every time I said I was paying with my Tim card, no issues.

If your nervous, just have your Tim card ready to swipe in case for some reason it doesn't work.

As for the gentlemen that has been all bunched up over NFC acceptance, he is clearly in the US where they swipe to pay, and has little exposure to Canada, and the fact that our debit cards and credit cards are all chip (I haven't swiped up here in a couple years), and many terminals are all tap to pay enabled as well.

Perhaps a function of Apple market share ....dunno

Three of my five credit cards have a chip.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 06:23 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yet you say you only ever see people 'swiping' their cards. And that may very well be the case in the US, but In Canada, everything is Chip and NFC. The only place I still have to swipe is at Costco as they don't support chips for some bizarre reason..... It's painful to see them swipe the card 2 or 3 times to get it to read *shrugs* I've been quite happy with Chip/NFC, and YES here it is the norm. Just about every terminal you say has "Tap to Pay", and the employees encourage you to use it as it's quicker then chip, and 10 times faster, and more secure then swiping :S

Don't Worry NYC..... You'll get it eventually, until then just continue whining and moaning, and we'll continue ignore your idiotic post
    Karan Mohal and scrapmetal58 like this.
    12-16-13 10:03 PM
    As for the My Tim Card app, it works great !! I've used it in 6 - 7 different locations with only one small issue.
    Told the clerk Tim Card, she delayed for some reason, and eventually my payment timed out. I just hit Pay Now again, tapped and went right through.

I think she was a bit thrown off, wasn't sure what I was doing Reception has been really good as many have said here. Tims employees are impressed by it, and most aren't aware of the app. The one guy last night asked if I had a BlackBerry. He said ha hadn't seen the Tim app before, but had seen others pay Via BlackBerry with a credit card. He said his next phone would likely be a BB
    scrapmetal58 likes this.
    12-16-13 10:10 PM
    Locked and loaded … all ready to go!

Never before have I been SO eager for morning to arrive …. to try this out!!

eta: a tad patriotic, but I'm so proud that two great canadian legends are collaborating to break new ground on this front. One day we'll be recounting to our grandchildren "where were you when you first used your phone to make a purchase … it was the Timmy's at ________ & _________".
    12-16-13 10:35 PM
    I wish they allowed you to add money via credit card. I've been trying but can't seem to figure out how...

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 10:41 PM
    Love this feature on my phone, it's just a small step forward in the right direction! Can't wait until this feature really takes off and before we know it we'll be tapping all payments from our phones!

For all you snowboarders -> C0034CABD
    12-16-13 10:50 PM
    I wish they allowed you to add money via credit card. I've been trying but can't seem to figure out how...

Posted via CB10
    You just have to hit reload.

Bought a coffee using my Z10 this morning!-img_00000024.png

Bought a coffee using my Z10 this morning!-img_00000025.png
    If you don't have a card saved already you'll have to open the browser and add one to your Tims account. But perhaps that's what you meant. (my apologies if that's the case.)

Posted via CB10
    anon(5906760) likes this.
    12-17-13 05:14 AM

Posted via CB10
    Rollseyes?....LOL what are you....11?

How often do you use the chip? Judging by your own admission you say you swipe. And before you answer back, little back story.... I travel....a lot. I have never used my chip in the US. But I will tell you I never swipe anymore here in Canada. You folks are way behind on both security and payment method down there.

CB10'n it via da Z
    Karan Mohal and scrapmetal58 like this.
    12-17-13 06:39 AM
    Just used this app this morning for breakfast. The woman behind the counter hadn't seen it before but thought it was pretty cool!

Posted with my BlackBerry Z10 running 10.2 via CB10
    12-17-13 06:51 AM
144 ... 23456