Man, too bad I don't like the coffee ( sacrilegious for a Canadian to say, I know )but I may download the app and use it since I do go there once in a while for their breakfast sandwiches and Tim bits.

Posted with my BlackBerry Z10 running 10.2 via CB10
    100% agree, timmys is ratpiss

12-15-13 08:55 PM
    It's not sacrilegious. I don't know how people drink that battery acid. I don't dare drink it if I'm not within 5 minutes of a bathroom.

I don't mind the food though. I will probably try the app for that before I'd use it for coffee.

Posted via CB10
    Probably because I live 5 mins away fr the very first Tim Horton's.
    Actually I don't get a hard time people are just perplexed when I say I can't stand their coffee. Too weak for me.

Mack Gans likes this.
    12-15-13 09:33 PM
    7$ for cup of coffee?

Posted via CB10
    Think that was his total bill. I believe a large coffee is just under $2 at Tim's.

12-15-13 09:34 PM
    NFC will be fill force next year in Canada when other major banks hop on board. Currently CIBC is the only one...I believe TD will be next.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 09:48 PM
    NFC will be fill force next year in Canada when other major banks hop on board. Currently CIBC is the only one...I believe TD will be next.

Posted via CB10
    and other carriers, the plans are in place
    Carjackd likes this.
    12-15-13 10:01 PM
    This is awesome. I have downloaded the app for a while now, but I still didn't register yet.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10.
    12-15-13 10:07 PM
    Man, too bad I don't like the coffee ( sacrilegious for a Canadian to say, I know )but I may download the app and use it since I do go there once in a while for their breakfast sandwiches and Tim bits.

Mmm, sour cream glazed timbits!! Why iis it so hard for reps to get I want them in a bag not that stupid box that opens up.on the slightest pressure in my napsack??

Posted via CB10
    pwee111111 likes this.
    12-15-13 10:08 PM
    how you managed to twist my statement into this has no basis or credibility....this is yet another thread you are trying to derail with miss- information

NFC completely unnecessary as you proved with your statement.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 10:33 PM
    Based on your name I think you're from the US? NFC may not be big in your country but that doesn't mean that it's not getting popular elsewhere. Remember the US is not the whole world. Why don't you keep the "who's right... who's wrong" argument off until a year or two from now to see who's actually right.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 10:48 PM

Posted via CB10
    like I said you've twisted my words to suit your reality.. nfc is very real and is in the process of being implemented by major carriers and banks.... in Canada at least. That is all I have to say to you.... you can chase your tail to your hearts content
    ibpluto likes this.
    12-15-13 10:54 PM
    Based on your name I think you're from the US? NFC may not be big in your country but that doesn't mean that it's not getting popular elsewhere. Remember the US is not the whole world. Why don't you keep the "who's right... who's wrong" argument off until a year or two from now to see who's actually right.

Posted via CB10
    Or at least until puberty hits?
    :>)
    12-15-13 11:13 PM
    I've been wanting to try this out but don't want to be "that guy" in line who messes up and makes everyone else wait. So I pay by cash

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 06:38 AM
    I've been wanting to try this out but don't want to be "that guy" in line who messes up and makes everyone else wait. So I pay by cash

Posted via CB10
    Just remember to instruct them you are paying with your Tim Card.

Do not say you are paying with your phone (Tap to go), because I think that triggers the CIBC payment option and that needs a special Sim card. I did this once by mistake and it didn't work because the person at the counter was clueless. Got an error on the terminal. every time I said I was paying with my Tim card, no issues.

If your nervous, just have your Tim card ready to swipe in case for some reason it doesn't work.

As for the gentlemen that has been all bunched up over NFC acceptance, he is clearly in the US where they swipe to pay, and has little exposure to Canada, and the fact that our debit cards and credit cards are all chip (I haven't swiped up here in a couple years), and many terminals are all tap to pay enabled as well.

Perhaps a function of Apple market share ....dunno
    fanatical likes this.
    12-16-13 06:56 AM
    All good now. Updated my phone as i was on 10.1 os, updated to 10.2. All works now.

Posted via CB10
    BlackStormRising likes this.
    12-16-13 07:04 AM
    Did you register? If you did not register it will not work! You will also need to be either logged in to Tim's free wifi or if you have a plan your data plan turned on. I keep data turned off and use the free stuff.
    You don't need data on for it to work, all that happens with data on/enabled is that it will update the balance of your card in the app.

Posted via CB10
    Karan Mohal likes this.
    12-16-13 07:14 AM
    You are looking for the TimmyMe app version 4.0.0.23, not sure what the 1.0.0.618 version is.
    12-16-13 08:38 AM
    For everyone questioning the $7 coffee, the $7.26 amount that it shows in the first pic is actually the balance on his card.

Now, I tried to use it yesterday afternoon at the Tim's at Jane and Major Mac in the Esso, before I got on the 400. I told the guy I was using my Tim's card and proceeded to tap my phone on the debit terminal. Nothing. Tried a second time, and as there was a line forming behind me, got my money ready just in case. Sure enough, nothing again the guy says "are you trying to pay with your BlackBerry? It should work, someone used it in drive-through yesterday"

I think the error may have been on my part, as I may not have held the phone in place long enough because of the lineup, I didn't want to be "that guy" (as someone else mentioned lol) so I was trying to speed it up. I was glad to hear that the guy behind the counter knew about it and knew that it should work

I will try again when it's not as busy and hold the phone there longer. Anyone know how long it should be held? I held it in place maybe 1 or 2 seconds, probably needs 3+ :s

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 09:04 AM
    Where else can you use NFC to pay? Tims is the first place I've heard of
    PayPass Locations | MasterCard Paypass Locator | MasterCard®

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....paypass&hl=en
    12-16-13 09:13 AM
    it uses such a tiny amount of data, unless you have NO data plan, its prob not worth logging into the tims wifi just to pay. As well, the data is only used to update your balance... im pretty sure the transaction will go through without any data at all..

Just as it as is! You will need to log on to Tim"s wifi. I keep data turned off. If you have a data plan I presume it will work with data turned on but you will use up data doing it, so it is better to use free wifi at Tim's
    Last edited by Karan Mohal; 12-16-13 at 09:21 AM. Reason: typo
    12-16-13 09:18 AM
    I discovered a major issue with the tap to pay nfc Timmies app.......I find myself using it all the time, spending too much money

Boy does it work awesome. For those using it, make sure to instruct the cashier you are paying with your Tim card

CB10'n it via da Z
    Dam thing is addicting isn't it and I don't like their coffee!
    12-16-13 09:33 AM
    For everyone questioning the $7 coffee, the $7.26 amount that it shows in the first pic is actually the balance on his card.

Now, I tried to use it yesterday afternoon at the Tim's at Jane and Major Mac in the Esso, before I got on the 400. I told the guy I was using my Tim's card and proceeded to tap my phone on the debit terminal. Nothing. Tried a second time, and as there was a line forming behind me, got my money ready just in case. Sure enough, nothing again the guy says "are you trying to pay with your BlackBerry? It should work, someone used it in drive-through yesterday"

I think the error may have been on my part, as I may not have held the phone in place long enough because of the lineup, I didn't want to be "that guy" (as someone else mentioned lol) so I was trying to speed it up. I was glad to hear that the guy behind the counter knew about it and knew that it should work

I will try again when it's not as busy and hold the phone there longer. Anyone know how long it should be held? I held it in place maybe 1 or 2 seconds, probably needs 3+ :s

Posted via CB10
    I crapped out on my first attempt too.. once you find the sweet spot for your phone you should be in good shape. For me (using a Z30) in the drive-thru I basically had to turn my phone sideways and stick the top 'into' the case on the pin pad so that the antenna was close enough to the reader to trigger. You can see on the battery door where the antenna on the 10 is so you just have to make sure you hold that part over the screen on the pin pad (or if you are inside and they have a separate 'tap and pay' sensor then obviously over that.

It sounds like the staffer knew what they were supposed to do (though they still might have made a mistake) and I only ask this next question because I forgot to do it the second time I tried.. did you select pay now because I forgot to but thankfully realized after putting my phone up to the pin pad so I hit it and it worked like a charm.

It seems the key is to tell them you are paying with Tim Card then tell them tap and pay if they look at you funny when you start moving your phone to the terminal.
    12-16-13 09:43 AM
    Dam thing is addicting isn't it and I don't like their coffee!
    get a Starbucks app and go there
    12-16-13 09:45 AM

Now, I tried to use it yesterday afternoon at the Tim's at Jane and Major Mac in the Esso, before I got on the 400. I told the guy I was using my Tim's card and proceeded to tap my phone on the debit terminal. Nothing. Tried a second time, and as there was a line forming behind me, got my money ready just in case. Sure
    Posted via CB10
    Had the same problem the third time I tried it. Found out you have to tap directly on the Saucer with the $ pay now!
    12-16-13 09:45 AM
    get a Starbucks app and go there
    Starbucks is ten times worse. Starbucks cannot even make a good Blackberry App so why would anyone think that they could make a good cup of coffee. I go to the specialty shops for good coffee!
    Last edited by Wilsonia Goldens; 12-16-13 at 01:43 PM.
    dracolnyte likes this.
    12-16-13 09:47 AM
    is there a list anywhere for where nfc can be used?
    For the Tim Horton's stores anyways in the loation search tab it will tell you what locations have tap to pay etc.
    12-16-13 09:58 AM
144 12345 ...