I've noticed so much Crap being posted in the new arrivals section of the App store in BlackBerry World for OS 10. Most of these apps seem like dummy apps that developers from India post to use as a portfolio for clients and most to all of them are non functional. no real value and a total waste of space.

BlackBerry should step up their app approval process and not give in to the numbers. Quality is better than quantity- that's what improves the app eco system and sets benchmarks for app developers to challenge.

Posted via Z10
    03-15-13 12:10 PM
    every store has crap apps, what is missing in app world is the high exposure, high demand apps and games.
    mhmediaonline likes this.
    03-15-13 12:14 PM
    I've noticed so much Crap being posted in the new arrivals section of the App store in BlackBerry World for OS 10. Most of these apps seem like dummy apps that developers from India post to use as a portfolio for clients and most to all of them are non functional. no real value and a total waste of space.

BlackBerry should step up their app approval process and not give in to the numbers. Quality is better than quantity- that's what improves the app eco system and sets benchmarks for app developers to challenge.

Posted via Z10
    Desh ki izzat ka faluda na nikal mere bhai

Posted via CB10
    ShAaShAy and Knightcrawler like this.
    03-15-13 12:27 PM
    look for built for blackberry apps
    03-15-13 12:42 PM
    Where did u get your pic with the blackberry sign pelleing off in the corner ? I ilke it where can i get that?
    03-15-13 12:47 PM
    How do you search for built for blackberry apps in BB world...i cant see any category pertaining to apps built for blackberry.
    03-15-13 12:53 PM
    Can also do a review of the app...rate it as how you find the app to be...

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 12:56 PM
    How do you search for built for blackberry apps in BB world...i cant see any category pertaining to apps built for blackberry.
    use the search tool. " built for blackberry "
    03-15-13 12:57 PM
    every store has crap apps, what is missing in app world is the high exposure, high demand apps and games.
    Not like this... there seems to be literally no approval process. It will come back to bite them, especially when said high demand app could get buried between twelve versions of tic-tac-toe, none of which are functional and all by the same developer.
    03-15-13 01:00 PM
    Where did u get your pic with the blackberry sign pelleing off in the corner ? I ilke it where can i get that?
    its the layout sign blackberry send us to mark our built for blackberry apps
    03-15-13 01:00 PM
    And won't be available to the public eh?

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 01:02 PM
    more bogus apps like in apples app store will give us bragging rights close to theirs
    03-15-13 01:03 PM

Posted via CB10
    haan. aur generalize na karen. Surely it is not just limited to Indian developers
    ShAaShAy and blakobecwa like this.
    03-15-13 01:04 PM
    And won't be available to the public eh?

Posted via CB10
    dont know if blackberry would let me, sorry !
    03-15-13 01:07 PM
    No issues just asking thanks for ur quick response

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 01:08 PM
    The "Built of Blackberry" program is understandable and they made it very difficult for users to qualify. If you try those apps, the content is not really worth the hype. Infact I have found some great native apps that don't have "Built for BlackBerry " peel and they are more functional.

Anyway, I just want BlackBerry to filter out the spam apps. There is no excuse for it. Modern engines are readily available for quick approval process. BlackBerry seems to approve these on purpose to reach numbers. Hope it stops sooner than later, don't want a junk app store lol

Posted via Z10
    03-15-13 01:09 PM

Posted via Z10
    Could you name a few?

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 01:09 PM
    haan. aur generalize na karen. Surely it is not just limited to Indian developers
    Check out the developer in the bottom of each of these apps. 90% Indian

A simple search for Facebook in the app store gives so many results. With 1% real Facebook app, 5% launchers (still functional) then 10% Facebook wannabe apps..the rest are just junk. ..Facebook wall of companies

Posted via Z10
    03-15-13 01:13 PM
    Could you name a few?

Posted via CB10
    For example CB10 app isn't a built for BlackBerry app

Then I have
    XRMT
    NDTV
    Times of India

All awesome apps that don't have "Built for BlackBerry" peel but still awesome

Posted via Z10
    03-15-13 01:17 PM
    The "Built of Blackberry" program is understandable and they made it very difficult for users to qualify. If you try those apps, the content is not really worth the hype. Infact I have found some great native apps that don't have "Built for BlackBerry " peel and they are more functional.

Anyway, I just want BlackBerry to filter out the spam apps. There is no excuse for it. Modern engines are readily available for quick approval process. BlackBerry seems to approve these on purpose to reach numbers. Hope it stops sooner than later, don't want a junk app store lol

Posted via Z10
    yup, but the quality of these apps is guaranted by blackberry. is much better than search in middle of crappy apps !
    03-15-13 01:21 PM

Posted via CB10
    I just HAD to laugh at this! Ek jagah govt. waat laga rh hai, ek jagah apps naam badnaam kar rh hai. Kya hoga iss desh ka?
    As for the apps, I do agree that quality outweighs quantity, although imagine BB being launched with as many apps as android. I guess it would make a huge difference in terms of impression.
    That said, I'd still rather have bogus apps cut off. Too much crap in the world already!
    03-15-13 01:38 PM
    they are meant to spread bogus everywhere!

03-15-13 01:40 PM
    If someone looking for Built For Blackberry "unofficial" list : http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...l-list-772065/
    03-15-13 04:36 PM
    OP - You have discovered the modus operandi of many Indians which subsequently tarnishs the reputation of the few highly skilled developers. BlackBerry needs to impose severe sanctions on the garbage creators in addition to screening applications more rigorously. After three months any application with fewer than ten reviews and an average rating less than three should be automatically delisted.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    03-16-13 12:47 AM
    There are generally a lot of developers in India , hence you are seeing more apps from Indian developers. Remember there are good and not so good developers everywhere in the world. Yes BBRY should have control over the apps being submitted, but its good not to drag ethnicity into forums.
    DisturbedRocks31 likes this.
    03-16-13 01:17 AM
42 12