I noticed the Z10 can't handle long text message threads.

I have to periodically delete entire histories of text messages because my Z10 just can't handle it. It'll start to blank out the entire conversation and you can type stuff but you can't send it. It'll take minutes to fix itself. If I delete the entire history of texts and then start a new text it'll act fine until it reaches a threshold again.

Anyone else have this issue?
    Bobert_123 likes this.
    02-20-14 12:52 PM
    I had that issue but not from long text history. And i reset all the conversations (erased them) and started over. Everything was fine. I believe because all the SMS are kept in device memory, you are using all the available free memory the phone has to carry around those conversations. Better to save them off your phone and clean things up a bit periodically.
    spacemanspork likes this.
    02-20-14 01:02 PM
    I had that issue but not from long text history. And i reset all the conversations (erased them) and started over. Everything was fine. I believe because all the SMS are kept in device memory, you are using all the available free memory the phone has to carry around those conversations. Better to save them off your phone and clean things up a bit periodically.
    I was hoping to hear it was a known problem that was fixed in 10.2.

I send/receive a lot of texts and I had to kill a bunch of text histories because of this problem. I don't REALLY care about keeping the history but I do feel a little weird deleting months worth of texts just because the phone can't handle it. Oh well. I'll just delete the text histories when it bogs down. Thanks!
    02-20-14 01:07 PM
    This was a known issue with 10.2 which I suffered with quite badly. Fortunately 10.2.1 resolved the issue.

I've never deleted my text messages.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-14 03:00 PM
    I'm on 10.1 and I have this issue all the time. I really hope this is fixed in 10.2.1 because I often go back to previous text messages for reference (and because I find it fun to read back old conversations).

My BlackBerry is supposed to be a communication device first and foremost, so this issue really goes against my reason for owning a BlackBerry...

Posted via CB10
    02-20-14 03:29 PM