Not sure if it's related but after downloading and launching this app for the first time: "Ultimate Gamepad", I got a blue screen.

Now my Z10 will not start up and Blackberry Link can't see it.

I read somewhere that maybe my OS got screwed up. Anyhow, how can I recover. The "Reload Device Software" button does not work in Blackberry Link.

Any ideas?
    01-05-14 08:23 PM
    Have you tried holding the power button for like 30 second

Posted on my Z30 on CB10.
    01-05-14 08:27 PM
    If so try using one of the leaked os and try loading one if them.

01-05-14 08:27 PM
    Also try connecting to pc with battery out and see if link detects it.

<Zedding 10.2 hybridized>
    01-05-14 08:28 PM
    held it down for 30 seconds with battery in... no luck
    01-05-14 08:41 PM
    If so try using one of the leaked os and try loading one if them.

How can I load any OS if Link can not see it? Is there another method? The old school JAVA blackberries would let you go command line.
    01-05-14 08:41 PM
    How can I load any OS if Link can not see it? Is there another method? The old school JAVA blackberries would let you go command line.
    Download the leak you want. I suggest 1925 as it's great, once downloaded unzip and then plug your phone into computer and double click the exe file you just unzipped and it should start pretty quick , you will get a green light when it's loading and it will restart after it's done.

Posted from my Z30
    01-05-14 08:46 PM
    Also try connecting to pc with battery out and see if link detects it.

No luck
    01-05-14 08:48 PM
    Download the leak you want. I suggest 1925 as it's great, once downloaded unzip and then plug your phone into computer and double click the exe file you just unzipped and it should start pretty quick , you will get a green light when it's loading and it will restart after it's done.

downloading 1925 now... will let you know if it works.
    Posted from my Z30
    01-05-14 08:53 PM
    No luck
    Any blinking red light? Or just nothing.

01-05-14 08:53 PM
    Any blinking red light? Or just nothing.

Just Nothing.

[UPDATE] Ok, it blinks like once every 20 minutes
    Last edited by variablegains; 01-05-14 at 10:05 PM.
    01-05-14 09:41 PM

Posted from my Z30
    The loader is sitting there with "Connecting to Bootrom". Tried the power button and disconnecting/connecting the USB cable.

Any more ideas?
    01-05-14 09:45 PM
    The loader is sitting there with "Connecting to Bootrom". Tried the power button and disconnecting/connecting the USB cable.

Any more ideas?
    Ya start the auto loader make sure link is closed, then plug into PC and when it says connecting to boot rom hold the power button down until it starts.

Posted from my Z30
    01-05-14 09:46 PM
    Ya start the auto loader make sure link is closed, then plug into PC and when it says connecting to boot rom hold the power button down until it starts.

Posted from my Z30
    Still no luck. Tried with battery in and out. This sucks. How is it possible for the Z10 to be in this state?

Is there another way to reset the Z10? WTF!
    01-05-14 10:24 PM
    Well now. Try connecting to link again and there is a spot to show device not connected click on it with your phone plugged in and see if restore device works.

If it's under warranty you might have to send it back.

01-05-14 10:27 PM
    Still no luck. Tried with battery in and out. This sucks. How is it possible for the Z10 to be in this state?

Is there another way to reset the Z10? WTF!
    Dude believe me it's possible. I had one get into a totally bricked state after a bad update from my carrier. Nothing and i mean nothing worked, it just would not connect to pc or reload via an autoloader. Sent it in and I'm using a loaner from them.

Warranty is your best bet now.

01-06-14 05:02 AM
    Dude believe me it's possible. I had one get into a totally bricked state after a bad update from my carrier. Nothing and i mean nothing worked, it just would not connect to pc or reload via an autoloader. Sent it in and I'm using a loaner from them.

Warranty is your best bet now.

Just to follow up so the next guy know how this ended:

I tried everything and ultimately had to go to an ATT Service center and they gave me a brand new phone since they didn't have any refurbished ones in stock. It was the last Z10 they had too.

I'm not going to blame it on that app i downloaded but it is too coincidental. It was an app called "Ultimate Gamepad". It only had two reviews (probably from developsrs friends) and my phone got the blue screen the instant I launched it. It just can't be a coincidence, can it?

Anyone else want to download "Ultimate Gamepad" and try it out?
    01-06-14 08:18 PM
    Just to follow up so the next guy know how this ended:

I tried everything and ultimately had to go to an ATT Service center and they gave me a brand new phone since they didn't have any refurbished ones in stock. It was the last Z10 they had too.

I'm not going to blame it on that app i downloaded but it is too coincidental. It was an app called "Ultimate Gamepad". It only had two reviews (probably from developsrs friends) and my phone got the blue screen the instant I launched it. It just can't be a coincidence, can it?

Anyone else want to download "Ultimate Gamepad" and try it out?
    Ha ha I'm sure no one is going to try it now, Glad you got a new phone ,now treat it better. Lol
    01-06-14 08:27 PM
    Its so strange that an app could cause the phone to have a blue screen....or BSOD

Probably you should have read the two reviews that it had... and they have successfully loaded it...
    Maybe these are reviews from dev and the app may be totally crap...

And I wouldn't try it on my z...

Good luck with your new device

Posted via CB10
    01-06-14 08:38 PM
    You got a fresh start,good for you.

01-06-14 08:48 PM
    I've had the blue screen of death on one of my Z10s the other died over night so I didn't see if it got a blue screen or not.

People have been having the same issue for a while now and in some cases (mine included) a non BlackBerry Z10 charger fried the Z10.

My Z10 that died overnight was charging on a playbook charger that my cat had chewed on (it always charged hot when plugged into the playbook charger but way faster so I stupidly used it)

The Second Z10 was on my non-blackberry car charger.

Been using only legit chargers on my Q10 and Z30 and haven't had issues with them yet so maybe the Z10 is very susceptible to surges?

Posted via CB10
    01-08-14 06:19 PM
    My z10 went BSOD and had to get another one. Luckily the warranty I bought covered it

Posted via CB10
    01-08-14 10:55 PM
    Hmm, I just got a blue flickering then turned to black screen. I was opening a video on fasttube..
    When that was happening, the music continued to play, but the gestures didn't work. I wanted to turn the phone off/on but I tried first with the lock/unlock button.. all is normal now.

Strange... anyone with similar issue?
    03-27-14 04:26 PM
    I've had the blue screen more than a few times. I traced it to an app. But the real thing is to DO NOTHING... let it restart on its own.
    03-28-14 01:26 AM