About a month ago, my Z10 flashed the blue screen of death three times before it eventually stopped turning on.

On google and crackberry forums, everyone is saying it is a hardware problem but I haven't seen an official response from someone at Blackberry at all. It kind of discomforts me that it is such a common problem and none of the staff are talking about it at supportforums.blackberry.com.

I was thinking of buying another z10 from shopblackberry.com but have 0 confidence in it, being afraid it will just go down the same road as my old one.

Is anyone else sort of disappointed about this?
    WorldwideRemix likes this.
    08-13-14 02:35 AM
    I have never heard of the blue screen of death on a Z10. Never. Not even here. lol
    I had my Z10 for a year////still do...and never saw this.
    Replace the hardware?
    08-13-14 05:26 AM
    "Such a common problem"

Sorry dude, but you seems to be unlucky, and the problem is more than rare...
    You would be the unluckiest guy over the world to get that rare (hardware?) bug again.

Good luck!
    08-13-14 05:33 AM
    Sorry to hear that! Not very common fault, at all. I suggest you get another one.

Sent from 2AD743B7 via Tapatalk Pro
    Shadowyugi and sk8er_tor like this.
    08-13-14 05:50 AM
    Methinks you are confusing your phone with your computer or something. Also, common problem for whom? I have never seen this issue mentioned anywhere. Never.
    Carl Estes and DYLANHABKIRK like this.
    08-13-14 05:53 AM
    I lost 2 Z10s like that. Blue screen then reboot a couple of times then it stopped booting.
    08-13-14 05:54 AM
    I wonder if you guys are purchasing these devices from a third party. If it's from a carrier or BB directly, I have never ever heard of this problem before
    Carl Estes likes this.
    08-13-14 06:04 AM
    The only one with these problems ate a 3 time poster and someone's 1st post!!!!

Please, do not feed the animals.
    08-13-14 06:22 AM
    Blue screen of death on a Z10??

Blue screen of death and BlackBerry isn't talking about it-make-meme-aint-nobody-got-time-fo-dat_o_852868.jpg
    08-13-14 06:34 AM
    I wonder if you guys are purchasing these devices from a third party. If it's from a carrier or BB directly, I have never ever heard of this problem before
    Nope. I always buy mine from AT&T. I was getting the blue screen of death on my Z10.

People there Are threads about this topic. We aren't making this stuff up!
    08-13-14 06:36 AM
    Nope, definitely not "a common problem".

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    08-13-14 06:39 AM
    We selling a lot of BB10 devices but never had a business partner asking about a blue screen of deatch or just a blue screen. I also never or hearing about the blue screen, but for me it's sound that the screen get jammed between something and maybe the pressure made the screen blue before it died.
    Last edited by whatsever; 08-15-14 at 09:46 AM.
    anon(2313227) likes this.
    08-13-14 07:38 AM
    Both my mom and I have Z10s, and the blue screen happened on her Z10 a few times. Didn't kill the phone fortunately, but couldn't figure out what it was. Didn't bother calling blackberry or tmobile, because I didn't think anyone would offer a worthy solution. The phone was from T-Mobile.
    08-13-14 07:52 AM
    I think the description of BSOD is deceiving making us all think to a windows BSOD. I THINK I have seen this blue screen when my phone froze with an older beta OS were I had to do a batter pull to recover, but I've had my Z for over a year (1 year 5 month) and maybe saw this twice and again using a beta OS. Has been very stable otherwise and on other OS builds.

A slow climb to the top is always more rewarding. Sent using my BlackBerry Z10.
    08-13-14 07:58 AM
    First time hearing about BSOD of BlackBerry 10 devices.

Differentiate or Die
    sk8er_tor likes this.
    08-13-14 08:01 AM
    I think the description of BSOD is deceiving making us all think to a windows BSOD. I THINK I have seen this blue screen when my phone froze with an older beta OS were I had to do a batter pull to recover, but I've had my Z for over a year (1 year 5 month) and maybe saw this twice and again using a beta OS. Has been very stable otherwise and on other OS builds.

I should add, not the same look as a windows BS, but rather a blue similar to when an app freezes but doesn't affect the OS.

No error msg or windows type crash. If the OP is talking about a windows type BSOD, it's the first I hear of it.

08-13-14 08:03 AM
    I've had the blue screen on and off since I bought my phone from t-mo usa upon introduction. In fact, there are several threads here on this issue. The "thinking" on this is if you do a battery pull while the screen is blue, you stand a chance of bricking the phone. If you let the phone reboot, all is well. I have no idea what causes it. But it's real.

In fact, it may just be another version of random reboots.
    08-13-14 08:17 AM
    I have seen mention of it a couple times, some have had hardware fixes, some software. Definately not that common though. And no idea if these have been due to treatment of the phones. I've beaten the cr*p out of my Z10 in a year and a half (the first 14 months of which it was naked) and this thing is still pounding along. Never seen the blue screen.
    08-13-14 08:20 AM
    Mine stopped doing it for a while after I did a security wipe. But now it's back So I'm going to start removing apps, one by one, that I installed after the wipe top see if I can trace it to an app. Very mysterious.
    08-13-14 08:27 AM
    I got my Z10 from ShopBlackBerry and I've had it for about 3 months now, works great.
    08-13-14 09:06 AM
    I've had the Z10 and Q10 since launch and never seen this screen.
    AndreyLepher likes this.
    08-13-14 10:05 AM
    Methinks the roomful of college students employed by Sammy in Seoul is working overtime tonight.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-14 10:08 AM
    I never heard of the is before.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-14 10:09 AM
    So why wouldn't you just send the phone back and have it replaced/ fixed? Seems like it should be fixed under warranty.
    08-13-14 10:29 AM
    So why wouldn't you just send the phone back and have it replaced/ fixed? Seems like it should be fixed under warranty.
    Because it's rare. My z10 doesn't "reboot" any more or less than the last couple of Android phones I've owned. Which is to say, rarely. Yeah, sometimes it throws a blue screen. So?
    08-13-14 10:48 AM
121 123 ...