I just got home from Spain yesterday. While I was in Madrid & the Canary Islands, I inserted a Spanish simcard. I was able to make calls, send texts and use the Internet data all over the place. BBM's, BlackBerry Maps, Google Earth, BeMaps (Google maps), the Navita Translator, amazing photos, lots and lots of other usefulness.

In a train station, I saw a guy who also had a Z10, and I struck up a brief conversation with him. He said he found it had a lot of shortcomings and I asked him if he had the new OS update... he was still on 10.1... so I said all his issues were fixed with the latest version of 10.2. I showed mine to him and he was impressed. He didn't know he could have up to 3 languages in the auto-correct. Lots of stuff I had to type was a mix of Spanish & English. And he never knew that the phone could use more than one language for both auto-correct and flick-typing at the same time. He said he would look for the update as soon as got home. He said he had received a notification of the update but didn't go ahead with it.

All in all, my Z10 served me very well!

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 01:17 PM
    I have yet to see any one around me with a z10
    But I do not care there the ones missing out on a fantastic
    Product.

Great to hear your z10 never let u down mine does everything
    I need in a phone also.
    Gykesdollars and marzp like this.
    03-01-14 01:47 PM
    I have to agree with you. I got one the day they came out for sale. The first one i dropped and broke the screen which they didnt fix but just gave me a new one instead. I have used all the updates and leaks. Then i upgraded to the new OS 10.2.1.2102 and the phone rocks. It does so much I just hear everyone saying blackberry sucks and blackberry has no apps and blackberry is dead. Then i show them the phone and some of the features and usually they shut up pretty quickly. It sure kills the iphone. If you want a phone for business then the blackberry is the only one to consider. I see people using the samsung but its a toy. This is not something that is secure and for the most part it doesnt stand out styling wise it might have a better camera but then im not a magazine editor so couldnt really care less about the camera. The Z10 is a great phone to bad most people already closed the book on blackberry because they really are missing out they just dont know it.
    03-01-14 01:56 PM
    Plus I should add that the Madrid Metro has a native app for B10 and man is it sweet. It picks up your location and suggests the nearest Metro Station and gives you directions to the station you need to get to... giving a clear list of which line to take and where to transfer plus an ETA based on the current schedule.

Really impressive. Plus a lot of the Madrid Metro stations have a cellular signal underground so having a local simcard really helps! My Z10 was a real champ. Then as soon as I stepped out of the Metro station, BeMaps would give walking directions for the rest of the way to the destination.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 and Mel25 like this.
    03-03-14 03:07 PM
    Great post

Posted via CB10
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    03-03-14 04:22 PM
    Fabulous post Patrick. I travelled with my girlfriend in France, Spain and the UK last year and my Z10 performed perfectly with the local sim cards I purchased. Madrid is also on my list. San Sebastian is hard to beat, the Pintox bars are to die for (Atari Gastroteka being my fav), going back for sure
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    03-03-14 04:40 PM
    Fabulous post Patrick. I travelled with my girlfriend in France, Spain and the UK last year and my Z10 performed perfectly with the local sim cards I purchased. Madrid is also on my list. San Sebastian is hard to beat, the Pintox bars are to die for (Atari Gastroteka being my fav), going back for sure
    I'll take a recommendation on which carriers you use in those 3 countries. France is almost certain next year.
    03-03-14 05:46 PM
    I'll take a recommendation on which carriers you use in those 3 countries. France is almost certain next year.
    UK = 3 Network, unlimited data for $15.00 pounds for a whole month, texting sms included.
    France and Spain = Orange, the best deal you can get per country but there are options like SFR in France etc.
    FF22 likes this.
    03-03-14 08:28 PM
    UK = 3 Network, unlimited data for $15.00 pounds for a whole month, texting sms included.
    France and Spain = Orange, the best deal you can get per country but there are options like SFR in France etc.
    I agree about Orange. That's what I used in Spain. It was a "3G only" simcard but the service was usually on H+... the speed was noticeably slower that Bell's LTE service here in Calgary, but still quite acceptable.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-14 10:03 AM
    I survived a vacation to London with my z10. No laptop or camera, just the phone. Worked perfectly.

Posted via CB10
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    03-04-14 10:05 AM
    Just an observation, it is a shame that there are quite a few BB 10 owners that don't update their OS and think that the phones are not working properly. I have come across quite a few .
    PatrickMJS and Mel25 like this.
    03-04-14 10:12 AM
    Just an observation, it is a shame that there are quite a few BB 10 owners that don't update their OS and think that the phones are not working properly. I have come across quite a few .
    Mannnnnn say it again!!

Posted via CB10
    03-05-14 02:42 AM