Word of mouth is so important for advertising and blackberry just doesn't have any of it right now, or not enough. Outside of the CB forums what is the average opinion on BlackBerry? Not very good. They need to shed this stigma that they have been given.

First off its not really fair that they have people compairing their blackberry from 2010 to their new phone from IPhone or Samsung. But what can you do? That's consumerism.

I think that they need to take a page out of Samsung's book and copy one the copiers. I've watched Samsung come to north American with their TV's under pricing the Sonys and Panasonics, fast forward 10 years and it's Samsung who declares themselves as the higher end product. They're doing the same with appliances too, and everything else.

I'm fully aware that Samsung is a huge conglomerate that you cannot hope to undercut and win against. My reasoning is different though.

BB10 is new, its fresh, and it is awesome. But you know what else? Nobody really knows that or cares. People see an android phone selling for free and they assume it is the same as the most expensive models. Money walks.

BlackBerry needs to price their BB10 touchscreen phones cheap enough so that they will get out to the masses and be able to change the average person's opinion about this company. But they also have to send out the best product too.

They should give it a try, forget about all the advertising dollars, give the phones away for free, word of mouth is priceless, ask apple.

Posted via CB10
    EchuOkan1 likes this.
    06-28-13 08:32 PM
    Word of mouth is so important for advertising and blackberry just doesn't have any of it right now, or not enough. Outside of the CB forums what is the average opinion on BlackBerry? Not very good. They need to shed this stigma that they have been given.
    Yup. Exactly.
    06-28-13 08:52 PM
    I don't think the happenings today is going to help that word of mouth at all.
    06-28-13 08:55 PM
    Nothing helps word of mouth with technology like holding it in tour hand. A friend was telling me he would not get the Z10 because blackberry browsers are slow. I put mine in his hand and told him to just try it. He was blown away. People need to see these things.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 08:57 PM
    Yup, the same happened to me with my friends. For the z10 though, it does kind of look like an IPhone (at least in my casemate). I can tell the difference, but many people can't.

Who needs Instagram when the Z10 comes with all its filters, that's what my friends took away from it.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 09:06 PM

First off its not really fair that they have people compairing their blackberry from 2010 to their new phone from IPhone or Samsung. But what can you do? That's consumerism.

I think that they need to take a page out of Samsung's book and copy one the copiers. I've watched Samsung come to north American with their TV's under pricing the Sonys and Panasonics, fast forward 10 years and it's Samsung who declares themselves as the higher end product. They're doing the same with appliances too, and everything else.

I'm fully aware that Samsung is a huge conglomerate that you cannot hope to undercut and win against. My reasoning is different though.

BB10 is new, its fresh, and it is awesome. But you know what else? Nobody really knows that or cares. People see an android phone selling for free and they assume it is the same as the most expensive models. Money walks.

BlackBerry needs to price their BB10 touchscreen phones cheap enough so that they will get out to the masses and be able to change the average person's opinion about this company. But they also have to send out the best product too.

They should give it a try, forget about all the advertising dollars, give the phones away for free, word of mouth is priceless, ask apple.

Posted via CB10
    Well said. Thank you.
    06-28-13 09:13 PM