Ours here are from Rogers STL100-3

Posted via CrackBerry App
    What charger are you using for these Z10s ? I find it hard to believe that all these Z10s aren't being damaged by a outside source*.. I've been using my Z10 for more than a year with the exact Rogers model since February 2013.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    07-26-14 12:36 AM
    The only other charger I used for my Z10s was a Playbook charger.
    I've heard some on here blame me for having my Z10s in an Otter Box Defender phone case as the issue why they overheated and konked out. I'm not sure what the issue was, but it sure was frustrating to have it just up and quit without warning.
    Hope you find something that works for you, OP.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums mobile app
    07-26-14 10:32 AM
    Thanks. I will check model, I still have them until we sell. Appreciate other comments as well. No question in my mind that the z10 has a worse than average fail rate .

Posted via CrackBerry App
    On this you can only speak for yourself since you do not k of the fail rate of all Z10's produced. It would be better to state that you personally have experienced an a fail rate. However that compared to all other phones is an unknown. Basically you are overstating the facts and making a generalization that can't be supported.

You had bad luck or some other issue(s) that caused the failures. But to imply that the Z10 phone fails more than other phones is unsupportable. It's rather trollish.

Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    Blacklatino likes this.
    07-26-14 10:58 AM
    The only other charger I used for my Z10s was a Playbook charger.
    I've heard some on here blame me for having my Z10s in an Otter Box Defender phone case as the issue why they overheated and konked out. I'm not sure what the issue was, but it sure was frustrating to have it just up and quit without warning.
    Hope you find something that works for you, OP.

It's all subjective and everyone has different issues for different reasons. I have had my Z10 in an OtterBox Defender since I got it in April 2013. Never had any overheating issues. Course, I never had random reboots or any of the other myriad of problems that have been reported here either. I use the OEM charger that came with my phone and I have 2 BB premium chargers and 2 BB premium car chargers that I use on a regular basis with no charging issues. Just my story. Not saying that others issues are not without merit at all. Just my experience.

Posted with my Z10 on Verizon 10.2.1.3253
    Mic_JP likes this.
    07-26-14 07:55 PM
    you have to expect some problems on a fisrt run of a new OS and product type. Cars all have the same problem. Every electronic device has the same problem. Printers and copiers all have hardware and software problems when first made and later corrected in the field. Thats will never change *** long as humans make things. Please get used to it. Now if they were all 8300 phones then you may have a legitimate complaint. But still...
    07-26-14 09:35 PM
    I had one, my sister and dad did as well, and two other friends also, without problems

*Edit - 3 on Rogers and 2 on Bell

Posted via CB10
    07-26-14 09:38 PM
    What charger are you using for these Z10s ? I find it hard to believe that all these Z10s aren't being damaged by a outside source*.. I've been using my Z10 for more than a year with the exact Rogers model since February 2013.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    Only the ones that came with them. To clarify it 2 out of our 3 Z10s and 3 out of 10 at work. Yeah I suppose they and we could all mistreating them but likely didn't do that in the previous 5 or so models of blackberries that we all had. I guess anything is possible. Seems like a ton of people around the world started using bad chargers when the Z10 was launched.

Posted via CrackBerry App - Samsung Galaxy S4
    07-26-14 11:29 PM
    On this you can only speak for yourself since you do not k of the fail rate of all Z10's produced. It would be better to state that you personally have experienced an a fail rate. However that compared to all other phones is an unknown. Basically you are overstating the facts and making a generalization that can't be supported.

You had bad luck or some other issue(s) that caused the failures. But to imply that the Z10 phone fails more than other phones is unsupportable. It's rather trollish.

Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    Basically I'm not overstating the facts. I speak for myself and all the z10 failures at work. I can do that because I'm the schmuck that has to fight with Rogers to get them replaced. The last two were out of warranty. I'm stating facts based on 13 total units and I might add, failure stories on the Internet, which were pretty easy to find.

07-26-14 11:33 PM
    I believe the OP.

I'm currently on my 3rd Z10.

The first one died after having it about over a year. It just went "dead". There was no way to getting it back alive. It hung up and was dead. No reboot was possible, no red LED came on and it was not possible to reload an OS. I sent it back to my retailer and he said the "mainbord" is broken. I don't know how and why.

Then I got my second Z10, which just rebooted about 5-10 times a day. Reloading the OS also didn't help. Mostly it rebooted after a light "shake". Which means, when I took it out of my pocket or putting it on my desk. It behaved like a battery pull. So I also sent it back. My retailer said that there are some connector problems from the battery to the "mainboard".

Now I got my 3rd one and it works fine.

I'm a BlackBerry owner since 2006 and never had any problems like that before, with any Blackberry I purchased. All of them are still working like the first day.

So, I think there might be some quality problems in the production line or so?

But I'm still in love with the Z10 and I love all about it: Screen, power, formfactor - for me it's still a perfect phone. That's why I decided to give it a 3rd try.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    07-27-14 06:42 AM
    I believe the OP.

I'm currently on my 3rd Z10.

The first one died after having it about over a year. It just went "dead". There was no way to getting it back alive. It hung up and was dead. No reboot was possible, no red LED came on and it was not possible to reload an OS. I sent it back to my retailer and he said the "mainbord" is broken. I don't know how and why.

Then I got my second Z10, which just rebooted about 5-10 times a day. Reloading the OS also didn't help. Mostly it rebooted after a light "shake". Which means, when I took it out of my pocket or putting it on my desk. It behaved like a battery pull. So I also sent it back. My retailer said that there are some connector problems from the battery to the "mainboard".

Now I got my 3rd one and it works fine.

I'm a BlackBerry owner since 2006 and never had any problems like that before, with any Blackberry I purchased. All of them are still working like the first day.

So, I think there might be some quality problems in the production line or so?

But I'm still in love with the Z10 and I love all about it: Screen, power, formfactor - for me it's still a perfect phone. That's why I decided to give it a 3rd try.

Posted via CB10
    Good comments, and sorry we're in a similar boat.

We've been a long time with blackberry, since the 7290, so I think also 2006. I should add however, something I should have in the beginning. I love the Z10. Family and coworkers not so much. The OS was a disaster on launch but it's getting around to where I think it should have been at launch and I think it can only improve from there. My problem is that a day without a phone is a disaster for me. I can't hang in with a device that may or may not work tomorrow, and where working wifi is a crapshoot. We all have jobs and we shouldn't have to be concerned about communications.

With 10.3 coming it would have been the best phone I ever had, and the most unreliable. I'm glad for those that haven't had a single issue with their units.

07-27-14 10:27 AM
    Hmm, also have 3 Z10's(STL100-4), all running just fine since last September. You must be very unlucky, OP.

Posted via CB10 with my Awesome Z10
    07-27-14 01:11 PM
    Hmm, also have 3 Z10's(STL100-4), all running just fine since last September. You must be very unlucky, OP.

Posted via CB10 with my Awesome Z10
    I'm glad it's all good there. The point I'm making and part of the reason for our decision, is that such bad luck appears quite wide spread beyond anything I remember in blackberry history.

07-27-14 05:17 PM

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    Same here. Stl-3 since March

Posted via CB10
    07-27-14 05:26 PM
    You know that you are talking about the Z10?? The first bb10 phone ever made for consumers...

The os is still growing and the phones are just getting better, not worser. Look at the first phones on other platforms, I think that the z10 is doing a fine job of being a smartphone in Q2 of 2014.

You need to learn from errors. So is blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-14 05:53 PM
    Yep OP you are just unlucky. Sorry.
    07-27-14 07:03 PM
    You know that you are talking about the Z10?? The first bb10 phone ever made for consumers...

The os is still growing and the phones are just getting better, not worser. Look at the first phones on other platforms, I think that the z10 is doing a fine job of being a smartphone in Q2 of 2014.

You need to learn from errors. So is blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    Yup I agree. I need to learn from errors. And I did.

07-27-14 08:38 PM
    Yup. I learned too. I was told that I'd be cracking screens all the time on my iPhone. I'm actually quite the klutz... And I haven't cracked one yet. Not to mention the fact that this trusty old 4s has lasted longer than both my Z10's combined......

reeneebob likes this.
    07-28-14 07:40 AM
    I can see this thread getting into a pissing match very soon on who's phone is solid and who's is not.

So I'll just say this, your phone is your means of communication to the outside world. If OP feels his experience with one BlackBerry modal is indicative of all BlackBerry devices. He feels that leaving the platform, is absolutely the right thing for his personal and business life then that's his prerogative. At the end of the day, the devices we carry are only tools, a means to a end result and sometimes our passion for BlackBerry blinds us from that.

Is the grass greener on the other side? Might just be for him. My personal experience with my Z10 has been fantastic! I've had a few peculiar issues here and there over a year and half, nothing so dramatic I'd leave BlackBerry for however.

Look! It's Zedzilla!
    That just about hits the nail on the head....same for me too April 2013 and apart from restarting maybe 3 or 4 times have had no issues...its a beast for me, battery great no issues...i want a z30 but the Z10 works so well for me I can't justify replacing it

Posted via Digicel Z10 10.2.1.2977
    07-28-14 08:48 AM
    Yup. I learned too. I was told that I'd be cracking screens all the time on my iPhone. I'm actually quite the klutz... And I haven't cracked one yet. Not to mention the fact that this trusty old 4s has lasted longer than both my Z10's combined......

Not to mention I haven't had any devices fail on me from apple to an android device to BlackBerry. You got great luck with BlackBerry in this case. My Z10 still going since feb 2013

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    Blacklatino likes this.
    07-28-14 09:23 AM
    I don't think this is turning into a pissing match by any means. I think more, it's a free expression of thoughts. It would be a boring world if we were all the same.

As other post reflects, yes leaving the platform is the right thing for me because of the failure of 2 out of 3 devices here and 3 out of 10 in the business. I'm not categorizing all models with those but I am reticent to remain with blackberry at this time. I sure hope they continue to develop what could be an amazing os and get past their (what I perceive as) hardware challenges. If they do I'll be back on the team. A Coe of years is plenty of time to do all that.

I appreciate all comments in the thread, especially the ones that challenge me to be fair to the company that all smartphone manufacturers owe their very existence to (my opinion). I think I have been fair and I look forward to their future evolution.

07-28-14 09:42 AM
    Might as well finish this off. After many years and models with BlackBerry, our oldest is going to stick with his i5 until September and the i6. For other kid, wife and I, comparing price, features and mostly online videos and reviews, the S4 got the nod. Selling the Z10's and odd we go.

Jeez, I feel like I'm cheating on the wife. LOL.

CB is great because of its membership. Guess I'll look for a Samsung forum. (sad feeling)

Post via BlackBerry ZedAche 10.2.1.3247
    There is a thread for this already. If you're leaving, post it there. If you want help with what is most likely a user induced failure, ask and people can help you.
    07-28-14 11:14 AM
    I have had my z10 since it came out and no problem s I use it all day. I believe it is an excellent smartphone.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-14 04:27 PM
    Basically I'm not overstating the facts. I speak for myself and all the z10 failures at work. I can do that because I'm the schmuck that has to fight with Rogers to get them replaced. The last two were out of warranty. I'm stating facts based on 13 total units and I might add, failure stories on the Internet, which were pretty easy to find.

You state the facts accurately from your experience and then you use the internet as a means to determine that the Z10 is fraught with failure everywhere. I understand your frustration, but again to go from the personal to make the generalization that the Z10 is out of line with bad devices compared to other brands is unsupportable. You have no facts and figures for the generalization. That's okay, again I understand your frustration at having bad devices (or some other reason that is causing the failures). You have made a business decision to move to another platform. I am glad you found something that works for you. I hope it continues to work for you. As for me, my experience has been different than yours and so has the German Government and many other entities. As for me, I will stick with BlackBerry.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    07-29-14 10:55 AM
    Personally.. Z10 was a learning curve for BlackBerry.. I feel they should remove it from all stores..

As I've always said.. Q10 and Z30 are the premium devices until new releases.

STA100-6 WhiteZ30_SA
    07-29-14 11:48 AM
    @OP it's not the z10 only... just di a search in the q10 forums and you'll see many ppl including myself experienced similar issues. mine literally died in my hands after a mere 3 months. 1 minute working then dead the next. Never dropped, no water damage.

Ended up getting a z10 though cause it's cheap as hell now and after all my bb from 07 till now this first dud I've ever had. But I ever experience another in short order that's it. I'll never understand those bashing and making a fuss if you decided to Get different devices for u and your comp.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-14 11:53 AM
76 1234