Just venting a little. 3 Z10's in the house, 2 have failed in the first 15 months, latest yesterday. We put 10 in the business and 3 of those have failed in the first year. No drops no water damage, just bricked.

Those numbers are staggering and seem to be similar to others. It can't be coincidence, it has to be weak hardware.

We really tried to stick with BlackBerry having been with them so long bit I can't imagine then surviving long term with some of these overpowering issues.

Anyway, I'm afraid I'm just using CB to vent a little, in this case.

Post via BlackBerry ZedAche 10.2.1.3247
    07-22-14 08:57 AM
    When you say "bricked," you mean you can just re-install the software and everything works again?
    Willard814 likes this.
    07-22-14 09:09 AM
    We have 4 z10 at the office since release day and they are all working fine.

Anyway, what do you mean when you say they failed?

Posted via CB10
    Willard814 likes this.
    07-22-14 09:20 AM
    Close this thread please...

Posted via CB10
    Willard814 and lift like this.
    07-22-14 09:25 AM
    If you have repeat (identical?) failure of any electronics device, it's often something the user is doing -- such as using bad chargers etc. But without more information, hard to know what you mean. In my business I see BBerry devices everywhere and no one I know has complained about them failing.
    Willard814 and PHughes like this.
    07-22-14 09:46 AM
    Thanks for the questions. I mean that the devices stopped working. Will not turn on, not recognized by link, after trying all recommended recoveries. 3 have been warranty replaced and the 4 th happened yesterday.

Between our house and the business there are 13 users all OEM chargers. Although I see why you're suggesting user issues but there are 4 users experienced the failures and my wife and I were two of them.

Thanks again and person who says to close the thread, as much as I hate to use these words that was simply a stupid comment. Try a hobby of some sort.

Last edited by bubbbab; 07-22-14 at 11:44 AM.
    07-22-14 10:51 AM
    over here in my country, a carrier is pushing out a "bad batch" of the STL100-1 to corporate users
    we have returned over 30 of these devices, only to get z10's that are from the same batch with problems.

some problems are: poor battery life, shut down at 30%, network failures etc.

it isn't a good image
    07-22-14 10:59 AM
    The battery thing I've handled by the extra charging bundle and a few spare batteries I carry. This eliminates any battery shortages for me with limited if any discomfort.

Still, communication is such a critical part my life, I just can't allow myself to remain in a platform so prone to hardware failure. It seems quite prominent across many others as well therefore I tend not to think we're all doing something wrong.

07-22-14 11:21 AM
    Might as well finish this off. After many years and models with BlackBerry, our oldest is going to stick with his i5 until September and the i6. For other kid, wife and I, comparing price, features and mostly online videos and reviews, the S4 got the nod. Selling the Z10's and odd we go.

Jeez, I feel like I'm cheating on the wife. LOL.

CB is great because of its membership. Guess I'll look for a Samsung forum. (sad feeling)

07-24-14 03:53 PM
    Hope u will be back with the Passport

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 05:08 PM
    Hope u will be back with the Passport

Posted via CB10
    Would have been the classic or the 50 I think. Just couldn't risk my business on hardware thats had such challenges. Maybe in a couple years for the Z77 code name "fast and furious "

07-25-14 12:26 AM
    It seems like some Z10s were a bad batch. And some others are completely fine.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    Willard814 and Blacklatino like this.
    07-25-14 12:30 AM
    Hi Bubbab,
    if you think BlackBerry is the only phone that has hardware failures... Think again.
    Just type up Apple 5s hardware failure, and you'll see page after page of situations where their sets stopped working.
    Also the same can be said with any platform; Android, Apple, BlackBerry, Windows... Every company has bad and good batches as Dave stated earlier.
    I've had my phone since February 2013, near the release date... And I still love this phone with little issue. (I had a few dead pixels, but BlackBerry replaced the screen for free)
    When I was an Android user, I would look at the specs of the latest phones and desired to purchase the latest and greatest, getting bored with my current phone.

But with BlackBerry it's about the experience, the flow of the OS. And there have been many OS updates to keep me happy and excited about the next OS release.
    Good luck at finding a good replacement, if that's what your desire is in the future.

Sent from my Nexus 7, or Z10, or PlayBook
    sk8er_tor and lift like this.
    07-25-14 12:54 AM
    Close this thread please...
    Agreed! Seriously OP. Bad luck much? Had my X10 for a year and 2 quarters. Running like a beast!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Heinz Katchup; 07-25-14 at 10:44 AM.
    Willard814 and lift like this.
    07-25-14 01:15 AM
    It's not just about the flow of OS when you keep having to restart the phone everyday as the keyboard suddenly stops working in all apps or apps repeatedly close. That stops it flowing! These are my gripes with the z10.
    When it behaves though it's great.
    My work phone is windows, hate the OS, but it seems reliable, my wife has a Samsung with no issues and the lads iPhone seems to give him no issues, just my BlackBerry then!
    I have updated with every official update, and even wiped using link and started again to no avail.
    Hey ho rant over.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-14 02:36 AM
    I can see this thread getting into a pissing match very soon on who's phone is solid and who's is not.

So I'll just say this, your phone is your means of communication to the outside world. If OP feels his experience with one BlackBerry modal is indicative of all BlackBerry devices. He feels that leaving the platform, is absolutely the right thing for his personal and business life then that's his prerogative. At the end of the day, the devices we carry are only tools, a means to a end result and sometimes our passion for BlackBerry blinds us from that.

Is the grass greener on the other side? Might just be for him. My personal experience with my Z10 has been fantastic! I've had a few peculiar issues here and there over a year and half, nothing so dramatic I'd leave BlackBerry for however.

Look! It's Zedzilla!
    07-25-14 07:52 AM
    Just venting a little. 3 Z10's in the house, 2 have failed in the first 15 months, latest yesterday. We put 10 in the business and 3 of those have failed in the first year. No drops no water damage, just bricked.

Those numbers are staggering and seem to be similar to others. It can't be coincidence, it has to be weak hardware.

We really tried to stick with BlackBerry having been with them so long bit I can't imagine then surviving long term with some of these overpowering issues.

Anyway, I'm afraid I'm just using CB to vent a little, in this case.

OP, sorry for your problems. I have had tens of Z10s in our company and personally. Not a single brick. You never mentioned the model(s) or the OS versions. I heard the STL100-1's were more flaky that the other versions.
    07-25-14 08:34 AM
    Agreed! Seriously OP. Bad luck much? Had my X10 for a year and 2 quarters. Running like a beast!

Posted via CB10
    Funny how some people think they can just snap their fingers and demand that they get their way. Spoiled Brats!

Posted with my Z10 on Verizon 10.2.1.3253
    07-25-14 11:18 AM
    I can't help but sympathize with you. I've a Z10 and after the last update to .2977 the battery life has been simply appalling. I've done everything to no avail.

Posted from my Z10
    Willard814 likes this.
    07-25-14 12:56 PM
    I can't help but sympathize with you. I've a Z10 and after the last update to .2977 the battery life has been simply appalling. I've done everything to no avail.

Posted from my Z10
    There are so many factors that can contribute to battery consumption and life span.

I say this because I'm on 10.2.1.2977 and prior to this update, my battery was horrible. I couldn?t get 8 hrs on moderate use if I tried. Now, the battery can easily do 8 hrs if not more. Didn't change anything but update the OS.

**Look! It's Zedzilla!**
    07-25-14 04:21 PM
    I had 2 Z10's konk out on me too. They were the STL100-3. I had them less than a year.
    OP. I believe you.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums mobile app
    07-25-14 04:35 PM
    Maybe it's to do with the revision. We have rolled out 857 stl100-2 and had about 20 failures of hardware. We've also had a few batteries go wonky but hey ho.

20 in 857 isn't too bad

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by chasdrury; 07-26-14 at 03:20 AM.
    lift likes this.
    07-25-14 05:08 PM
    OP, sorry for your problems. I have had tens of Z10s in our company and personally. Not a single brick. You never mentioned the model(s) or the OS versions. I heard the STL100-1's were more flaky that the other versions.
    Thanks. I will check model, I still have them until we sell. Appreciate other comments as well. No question in my mind that the z10 has a worse than average fail rate .

Posted via CrackBerry App
    07-25-14 06:21 PM
    Regarding battery life, I personally bought a spare one, and one of them as batter lifetime than the other, so it's probably a question of battery quality too.

Sent from CB Forums mobile app
    07-25-14 11:36 PM
    Ours here are from Rogers STL100-3

Posted via CrackBerry App
    07-26-14 12:28 AM
76 123 ...