Hi Guys!
    This is my first post, but I'm not as happy of this fact as I should be.
    I have a problem with my original battery in my Z10. It started to swell. Battery doors have a little bump above the battery inside and Z is not stable when lying on table and other flat surfaces. Battery was charged with 2A yellow plug BB charger, as I red on BB site that it won't do any charm to my device.
    I couldn't find help or similar problem on my native polish BB forum so I am asking You,
    What should I do? Should I change battery and start using standard 750mA charger ? Should I wait more time and see what happen?
    Thank's for all answers!
    03-20-14 05:36 PM
    Using a high current charger will charge the battery faster but has side effects such as heat. Heat is very bad for the battery. Also, as the battery ages and the more you use and charge it, the battery will deform and swell. I had this problem with my old 9800 and older 8900 on which I used the 2 A PlayBook charger. With my current device, I'm only using the standard 750 mA charger to avoid problems. When you replace the battery, I recommend using the standard charger.
    03-20-14 05:44 PM
    Thank You for your reply.
    I forgot to mention that I use my device barely for 4 months.
    Could I partially cause this problem by leaving Z10 under the cable for all night long even if it was charged with this charger in 2h? Secondly, under stress my phone produce much heat- could it be another cause of this situation?
    03-20-14 06:06 PM
    I've been using the playbook charger on my Z10 since last March with no problems at all. I plug my phone into every single night for the entire night. I also used the playbook charger on my 9860 and 9900 as well. I had those phones for around 6 months each with no ill effects. I don't think the charger has caused any problem.

If your battery is swelling, it needs to be disposed of properly and you have to purchase a new one. Apparently it is possible for it to blow up. I've never seen it happen but have heard of it happening.

My wife had a curve 3G 9300 for two years and it started acting funny(dying quickly, not going to a full charge). When I removed the battery it was swelled up to almost twice it's thickness and was very round on the top and bottom. We bought a new one and issue was resolved.

OP, if your battery is bulging round and not flat, you should replace it asap.

Good luck.

Z10 10.2.1.2228
    03-20-14 06:41 PM
    Swollen battery is a sign you need to replace it. Buy one asap.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-14 06:46 PM
    Appreciate you answer.

I took my battery out and it's starting to feel curvy... Strange situation since I care about my device and "treat it right"
    I'm dissapointed with that fact, but I love Z10 and will buy new battery- what can I do more...
    03-20-14 06:47 PM
    Appreciate you answer.

I took my battery out and it's starting to feel curvy... Strange situation since I care about my device and "treat it right"
    I'm dissapointed with that fact, but I love Z10 and will buy new battery- what can I do more...

Just use the device like you want to. It was probably just a defective battery. Nothing you've done wrong.

My year old Z10 gets quite hot fairly often. Mostly when playing certain games or if I stream music and browse the net while on LTE. My battery temp often goes over 40 degrees. I've seen as high as 44. It's been a year with and no issues so far. In early January I got a battery charger bundle which gives me a second battery and a portable charger that really works great. I highly recommend getting one if your phone doesn't last you a full day, or if you are afraid of using your phone for fear of it dying before you get home.

Z10 10.2.1.2228
    03-20-14 06:56 PM
    Thank You Guys once again for Your suggestions.
    I bought my Z10 really cheap (approx. 250$) but another lesson learned - cheap doesn't always mean good

PS. Forgive me if level of my english was offensively bad

Regards!
    03-20-14 07:02 PM
    No worries on the English my friend. Have a great day/night!

Z10 10.2.1.2228
    03-20-14 07:06 PM
    Do you have a warranty? If so, you are probably entitled to a new battery. But definitely do not use that one if it is swelling - dangerous.

Good luck.
    03-20-14 08:05 PM
    Uh, guys...

Stepping back for just a second here: the size of the charger is not the issue here. Can't be. The battery/charging system in the phone will only pull as much power as it can use and that's all. Think of it this way (because this is what you are basically saying every time I hear this)

I can't hook my house up to the power grid, because the power grid puts out too much amperage, and it will blow up everything in my house.
    The battery will pull whatever it can, and the charging circuit in the phone will push whatever it senses the battery will take as it goes. It may overcharge (voltage) the battery, but it can't throw too many amps at it. Electricity simply does not work that way.

You could have the battery calling for more amps than the connection can take (or that there is damage already internally in the battery that the lower powered charger is masking) but that isn't the chargers' fault, it's still a bad battery on borrowed time. If it has that going on, IT. WILL. FAIL. Just take longer to do it.

Swelling is a sign of a bad internal fault in the battery. Time to change it is as soon as possible. It's just bad luck.
    03-20-14 10:03 PM
    I already got over this that I have to buy another battery and hope for good one this time.
    Unfortunately i don't have warranty as I haven't bought my device through carrier and in Poland we don't have BlackBerry Service :/
    Safety has no price so wish me luck in getting the right battery
    Thanks Guys for your commitment!
    Good day.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 05:15 PM
    Uh, guys...

Stepping back for just a second here: the size of the charger is not the issue here. Can't be. The battery/charging system in the phone will only pull as much power as it can use and that's all.
    Yes but charging a battery too fast is not good for the battery because it causes the battery to heat up and heat is very bad for batteries.

To extend the life of your phone's battery, don't let the battery fully discharge. Don't be afraid to top up your battery anytime you're near a charger. One more thing, don't charge for very short amount of time. Charge for at least 15 minutes at a time.
    03-23-14 12:05 PM