Hello all.

Coming from Lumia 820, then couple of Xperias and now Galaxy Note 4, I am thinking on buying a small affordable phone that does not lag (Serious issue on my Note 4) and smooth enough for my work.

WP now doesn't appeal to my liking and now that I'm working as a financial advisor, a Blackberry seems like a wise choice (Mainly because it looks professional haha)

And the Z10, Q10 and the Leap are my choices. Here, the Z10 costs $300, Q10 costs $400 while the Leap is still not available. I choose the Z10 though because of the removable battery and small size. Q10 was a good choice but it's slightly pricy, at least here.

So...... is the Z10 good enough for me? I hate my Note 4 for its laggy and average battery. I got tired on Android so no more Android phones for me. Or should I wait for Blackberry Leap?

Sorry for the long post and my English. It's not my first language.
    07-10-15 09:51 AM
    I, personally, prefer the design of the Z10. From what I can remember, the Leap has the same, if not very similar, specs, but is newer and should receive more support than the Z10. Have you looked into the Z30?
    anon(5816156) likes this.
    07-10-15 11:06 AM
    Z10 is not that bad, although I would prefer either a Leap or a Z3 if you're on a tight budget, for the reason that both are newer and have larger battery capacity.

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    07-10-15 11:12 AM
    Just put a Passport in for repair yesterday and am back to using the Z 10. I guess I got a little spoiled with the Passport battery but aside from that issue everything works perfectly on the Z10 and you can get them pretty cheap now.

Gotta say I'm really happy I kept this phone around.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-15 11:29 AM
    Just avoid ST100-1

Posted via CB10
    anon(5816156) and JRF_1986 like this.
    I just bought a Z10 2 minutes ago. I'm expecting it to be similar in performance to the Q10 (currently my backup device) but with an LCD screen and no double typing. The size/weight was also a deciding factor in my decision.

My guess is that it will perform the basics (calls, email, text, hot spot and nav) well and not disappoint. OP, if you need more than the basics you may want to lower you expectations a little. For me, the basics are what I need so I believe this will be a great phone. Let us know what you decide.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you all for the reply.
    Now, the Z3 is a mid range Blackberry I believe. The design was great but it only has 1.5GB of RAM and my eyes are spoiled by the Note 4's display. Not that I worry about the RAM but it could potentially lead to performance issue. Not to mention, I can still see the screen borders when it turns off. And 2500mAh on 5 inches LCD screen? I would rather have the Z10 with additional external battery.

The Z30 was great with good processor, but the design was too roundy and it's not available here. So it's hard to find the Z30 and thus I cross the Z30 out.

The Leap was actually the first BB device that I fall in love with. I love the design, I love how it's blocky and seems durable. It's $380 in Singapore (I have to go overseas to go to Singapore) but I afraid I will get the carrier variant and not the unlocked one.
    I would be honest, I was afraid that the Z10 would not get any support as well but considering how it has the similar, if not same, chipset with the Leap and Classic, I see no reason why Blackberry would stop updating their old phones other than being 'old', which is why I still find Z10 a good choice. I am new on Blackberry though but I hope I won't be wrong here.

And no worries, I already find a shop where they sell the STL100-2 Variant
    Too bad, they only have white color on stock.

I only uses Mixradio, Onedrive, Whatsapp, Line, Twitter and HERE maps. Shouldn't be an issue as long as I'm willing to sideload them.

Oh gosh, if only I have enough money, I would buy a Leap and a Classic.
    07-10-15 01:18 PM
    Go for the Z10. It is still one of my favorite phones. I haven't used mine in a while due to the battery issues (I have the STL100-1) but still keep it in its box. I have a black one, which feels nice and looks (in my eyes) very elegant. But the white looks awesome. Love the Stormtrooper look it has.

Posted via CB10 on my Q10
    07-10-15 01:24 PM
    Hmm, I guess I will take it then! It would be my first phone that's not black. And external battery shouldn't be that hard to find.
    Of course, if I can get the Leap unlocked for a good price, I would certainly take it. But for now, the white Z10 seems good.

Last question, I know that the STL100-1 version has issue on the battery reading or whatever. But what makes it so bad? Why should I avoid it? Just in case if the STL100-2 variant sold out here, because there are tons of the STL100-1s here.
    07-10-15 01:35 PM
    While I can't speak for everyone, my personal experience is that while my phone may say the battery is at 90%, it will turn off and won't turn on unless I charge it. Once it turns on it'll show 20%, reach 100%, turn off and show 40%. So it was never accurate, even after trying all the solutions suggested in the forums. After 2 months I gave up and bought the Q10. Basically I had to walk around with the charger. Some have it better than me, others worse.
    07-10-15 03:28 PM
    While I can't speak for everyone, my personal experience is that while my phone may say the battery is at 90%, it will turn off and won't turn on unless I charge it. Once it turns on it'll show 20%, reach 100%, turn off and show 40%. So it was never accurate, even after trying all the solutions suggested in the forums. After 2 months I gave up and bought the Q10. Basically I had to walk around with the charger. Some have it better than me, others worse.
    Never had this problem with my STL 100-3. Decent but not stellar battery. You will need a back up battery.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-15 03:43 PM
    Z10 is a good phone.

Z30 is better.

Via my Z30 on the Telus network
    07-10-15 04:00 PM
    Get a z30. You can find them for super cheap and it has way more battery life than the z10

Posted via CB10
    07-10-15 04:06 PM
    Never had this problem with my STL 100-3. Decent but not stellar battery. You will need a back up battery.

Posted via CB10
    From what I've read, this is more common for the STL100-1, which is the one I have. I already gave up on it... it still is one of my most favorite phones though.
    07-10-15 04:32 PM
    Hmm, I guess I will take it then! It would be my first phone that's not black. And external battery shouldn't be that hard to find.
    Of course, if I can get the Leap unlocked for a good price, I would certainly take it. But for now, the white Z10 seems good.

Last question, I know that the STL100-1 version has issue on the battery reading or whatever. But what makes it so bad? Why should I avoid it? Just in case if the STL100-2 variant sold out here, because there are tons of the STL100-1s here.
    Where are u based in Asia? I've been using the z10 for work as it's very handy since I deal with emails everyday. I've seen a lot of mobile phone shops in Singapore still with old stocks of Z10 and it's very easy to get, not just the white. I think they should be cheaper too.

STL100-2 \ SR 10.3.2.2226 \ OS 10.3.2.2339
    07-10-15 05:00 PM
    Have used this z10 for over 2 years and am very happy, typing is so good with the swipe up feature im.still amazed after all this time how really great the predictive keyboard is.

Gonna miss it when I upgrade to passport and I have a stl100-1

Via Digicel 10.3.1.1779
    07-10-15 06:17 PM
    I just got myself a Z30 this week. I have loved my Z10 for 2.5 years now and other than the battery life would say it is one of the most reliable things I have ever owned. Jammed it full of leaks over the last couple of years with no issues. If it is price that is driving your decisions then get the Z10. I only got a Z30 because they becoming harder to get and wanted to have an all touch BB10 phone for the next couple of years. Who knows what's in the mix at BlackBerry at this point.
    Good luck

Posted via CB10
    07-10-15 06:24 PM
    I just got myself a Z30 this week. I have loved my Z10 for 2.5 years now and other than the battery life would say it is one of the most reliable things I have ever owned. Jammed it full of leaks over the last couple of years with no issues. If it is price that is driving your decisions then get the Z10. I only got a Z30 because they becoming harder to get and wanted to have an all touch BB10 phone for the next couple of years. Who knows what's in the mix at BlackBerry at this point.
    Good luck

Posted via CB10
    I'm so torn. I have a Z10 as my daily driver and a Q10 as a backup. Love my Z, but the battery is simply bad. The Q's battery is great, but the screen estate is lacking. I keep thinking of getting a Z30, but at the same time, want to see what's next.
    07-10-15 07:17 PM
    I got you. AVOID the STL100-1 at all times.

Z10 is a good phone.
    Z30 is better.
    Get a z30. You can find them for super cheap and it has way more battery life than the z10
    It's not cheap in Indonesia. It costs around $550 here and that, if it's available. Indeed, I would be happy to have better battery life here, but I don't mind to swap my battery on the Z10. I mean, it can't be that bad right?

Where are u based in Asia? I've been using the z10 for work as it's very handy since I deal with emails everyday. I've seen a lot of mobile phone shops in Singapore still with old stocks of Z10 and it's very easy to get, not just the white. I think they should be cheaper too.
    In Indonesia, extremely near to Singapore (Batam). If I can go to Singapore, I would rather buy a Leap. xD
    Besides, I can only buy the phones at the Habourfront Mall, which from what I saw, mostly have iPhones and Samsungs. Never saw a Blackberry there. Tell me which mobile phone shops you visited there, hopefully I can find one that's right for me. Otherwise, the 'Stormtrooper' Z10 is good enough for me.
    JRF_1986 likes this.
    07-10-15 10:31 PM
    I got you. AVOID the STL100-1 at all times.

In Indonesia, extremely near to Singapore (Batam). If I can go to Singapore, I would rather buy a Leap. xD
    Besides, I can only buy the phones at the Habourfront Mall, which from what I saw, mostly have iPhones and Samsungs. Never saw a Blackberry there. Tell me which mobile phone shops you visited there, hopefully I can find one that's right for me. Otherwise, the 'Stormtrooper' Z10 is good enough for me.
    Yes avoid the STL-1 at all times. :-P

Batam is very near. There are a few mobile shops in Chinatown which is near Harbourfront. Also I think there are many shops in the heartlands that might sell the z10 cheaper. If u want, I can go and find out the price. As for memory cards, they are cheap as well and can be bought as sim lim square. Let me know how I can help

07-11-15 07:21 AM
    I just recently upgraded from a Q10 to a Z10. The Z10 running 10.3.2 is a great phone. The battery is a little anemic. I have a charger at home and work and have it plugged in while I'm working.

The speed of the phone is fine for what I do with it. I'm an IT professional. I get all my email accounts on the phone. For the basics, I prefer BB10 over anything else. I think the Z10 is still a good phone.

Posted via Z10
    07-11-15 08:08 AM
    Hmmm, mine stl 1 average 20 hours before baterai power under 15%.
    With original baterai...I bought it since Z10 introduce in Indonesia. Cheer
    Always use the latest leak

Posted via CB10
    DrConcrete and anon(5816156) like this.
    07-11-15 08:30 AM
    That's mine with the extended battery

Blackberry Z10 worthy buying in 2015?-img_20150406_023618.png

JRF_1986 likes this.
    07-11-15 09:29 AM
    Yes avoid the STL-1 at all times. :-P

Batam is very near. There are a few mobile shops in Chinatown which is near Harbourfront. Also I think there are many shops in the heartlands that might sell the z10 cheaper. If u want, I can go and find out the price. As for memory cards, they are cheap as well and can be bought as sim lim square. Let me know how I can help
    Too bad, I don't have that much time there. I guess I will just take a look and hope that I will be lucky on Vivo City. I hope there is a new one that costs just $150 haha xD (Unlikely tho). Would be better if I find the Leap anyway. Loved the design so much .

Thanks though, I will be leaving next week and if I do have enough time, maybe I can take a visit on the Chinatown. Do you live there as well? You seem familiar to the places there.
    07-11-15 12:59 PM
    I just recently upgraded from a Q10 to a Z10. The Z10 running 10.3.2 is a great phone. The battery is a little anemic. I have a charger at home and work and have it plugged in while I'm working.

The speed of the phone is fine for what I do with it. I'm an IT professional. I get all my email accounts on the phone. For the basics, I prefer BB10 over anything else. I think the Z10 is still a good phone.
    At least it doesn't feel sluggish no? My Note 4 while fast, is just not as smooth as I hope it is. I love the BB Hub tho. Should be helpful for my email and BBM messages.
    07-11-15 01:00 PM
52 123