Not official statement, but told to me by people fairly high up in BlackBerry. The same ones who provide us prototype devices. 10.3 last major update, after that just security updates.
    I am wondering whether this would be a decision made to make the Z10 obsolete as I can't imagine it is a hardware limitation or this would make the Z3 obsolete as well, or is there something fundamental I am missing?

Posted via CB10 using my Z10 STL100-2 /10.2.1.3247
    07-23-14 12:02 PM
    For now, for me, it works perfectly fine. It charges up to 100% and it turns off at about 2-3% of charge. And it lasts just as it's meant to. I can only hope it will remain this way.
    Well, this didn't last for long.
    Today, the 12th day since I bought Z10, I encountered the famous battery reading bug.
    Out of nowhere, today my Z10 charged only up to 89%. Well, at least that was what phone was showing to me, although it was probably charged up to 100%. I tried reconnecting for a few times, too see if it will continue to charge, just in case, but nothing past 89%.
    So tonight I will have to "calibrate" it after it discharges itself...
    07-23-14 12:33 PM
    Sadly, for the z10, 10.3 is going to be the last major update. Where else for the devices I mentioned, they're new, and have about 2 years of update support to go, not to mention the version of Android they run is already mature...
    That has to be FUD, it would be ridiculous for BlackBerry to take such a poor unjustified decision.

It's no use promoting your fetish Android brands. It doesn't matter if they sell millions of phones and push updates every week. Some of us take other factors into consideration.
    07-23-14 12:46 PM
    I am wondering whether this would be a decision made to make the Z10 obsolete as I can't imagine it is a hardware limitation or this would make the Z3 obsolete as well, or is there something fundamental I am missing?

Because of the challenges updating stl-100-1.
    07-23-14 01:09 PM
    That has to be FUD, it would be ridiculous for BlackBerry to take such a poor unjustified decision.

It's no use promoting your fetish Android brands. It doesn't matter if they sell millions of phones and push updates every week. Some of us take other factors into consideration.
    Yea, factors like your imagination I guess. Take a look at my post history. I was the one who posted pictures of my Dev alpha running the internal rom when idiots like you said it was impossible. I waited till my nda was about to expire before posting those pictures.
    07-23-14 01:11 PM
    Z10 got fair amount of updates and its reasonable to believe that 10.3.1 will be last update bump.Still, it's worth $200 if you wont to try something else than Android. It's a fairly usable phone with lots to offer.
    Sent from my RM-892_eu_finland_202 using Tapatalk
    07-23-14 02:37 PM
    It feel pretty solid in your hands, would like it more if it was larger(5.0-5.5") at least.
    Specs are outdated now compared to most other phones out there, like many of its security features, but lacking on screen brightness/quality/resolution/colors...you get, battery also drains quick and lacks LTE connection being an early version, yet it's stable, but lacks the speed of newer phones nad the limited selection of applications, I use it as a backup phone mainly, thinking of maybe getting the passport, but not sure yet until I see first hand to try out, I'd expect Blackberry may set up a kiosk at the mall or airport at least so people could buy their product, otherwise it may go under the radar like other products did.
    Be BOLD Blackberry!!!!!!
    07-23-14 07:29 PM
    OP where are you located

Posted via CB10 Right on Cue
    07-23-14 08:36 PM
    Well, better late than never . . my z10 arrived today! Very happy to have found one on ebay for 105.US, I was worried about what kind of shape it might be in for that price but it looks excellent. After a good charge up we'll see how well it works, hopefully its not one with a reboot issue.

First thing I'll want to do is get the latest update, do you all recommend the latest verizon update or is there a leak that is significantly better?

Also, it came with a sim card in it . . I thought those contained personal account data, phone number, etc to connect to Verizon, am I wrong about that, and is it ok to use this or should I go and get my own?

I know there will be a size and battery life adjustment coming from my droid maxx, but I'm looking forward to playing with BB10 ! =)
    For $100 the z10 is definitely worth buying. For $160-180 not so much. Congrats on bagging a real steal!
    revtech likes this.
    07-24-14 05:43 AM

As I posted on a different thread it's issues with the texas instruments chipset on the stl100-1

This made the decision to stop supporting the Z10 variants after their 2 year "promise" easy for them. Even for 10.3 it was a challenge for them to get the required support to make the update work for the TI chipset.
    07-24-14 06:04 AM
    You won't regret it.

"I love when people boast about their phones...like its a pissing contest"
    07-24-14 10:03 AM
    For $100 the z10 is definitely worth buying. For $160-180 not so much. Congrats on bagging a real steal!
    I got mine 2 weeks ago for about $230, being sale price. And regular price in my country is still about $320-$340. So I can only repeat what I said in one of my first posts here on CB, that this is absolutely the best phone I could get for that money, considering prices in my country at least. HTC One, or Xperia Z1 (to which I was closest among droids) are still double the price I paid for Z10. There is absolutely no droid phone for the price I paid, that was worth looking after. These are all some crappy mid rangers, like HTC Desire 500 or Xperia M2, with tremendous shortcomings. The only one worth lookig for was Moto G, and I gave up in the favor of Z10, as camera and expandable storage are huge deals for me, and I'm not regreting my choice one bit. Plus the fact that I wanted to try something new.
    Now I'm rocking beautiful white Z10 with 50GB of storage, charming OS, and very good camera.
    To conclude, there was absolutely no better deal for me. Crippled mid-range droids were absolutely a no-go.

Posted via Berry the Black
    07-24-14 11:02 AM
    I have been using my Z10s for 8 months now. And with every is update it does improve. I also have the option of using whatever version of the OS I want, although I use the latest on one for a few weeks before loading on the other 2.

I just got my extended battery today. If this indeed boosts the battery life of the phone to almost like the Z30 then I'm sticking to this until it is phased out.

The Z10 is worth it, and now with an extended battery life, it will be more worth it.

Black Carbon Fiber Z10
    07-25-14 12:38 AM
    Which country? 115 euro or dollar ? That was new?
    08-27-14 04:09 PM
    115? Ithe new one?
    08-27-14 04:11 PM
    I just bought it (again) for 115 on ebay very recently. Do it! Very worth it.

Posted via CB10
    The new one?
    08-27-14 04:12 PM
191 ... 678