Hi

I have a problem with my blackberry Z10 (unlocked Z10 originally from Rogers) . After I did the recent update (10.3.2) from Wind mobile, the next day I was going through emails and all of a sudden my screen went dim. I assumed it put itself in sleep mode so I tried to swipe up- still nothing happens. I then pressed the top button and still no effect.
    At this moment I did a battery pull waited 30 seconds and then placed the battery back in. Usually at this time, I will see a RED light turn on and Z10 starts its boot process. However there was no Red light.
    I went through some threads in the forums to see what the issue can be and came across a thread from last year which a guy had a problem similar to mine. I followed through all the suggestions people posted.
    The only suggestion that does something is when I disconnect the battery from the device, and plug the phone directly into the computer and run Blackberry Link. When I do this, the Red light goes on for a few seconds then stop.
    I held down the up and down volume key and pressed the top button to restart the phone while plugged into the computer and you see the Red light blink one as if trying to boot up but nothing happens. Eventually the red light turns off. Never does Blackberry Link recognize my connection of the Z10 to computer.

What should I do...
    switmelody0109 likes this.
    08-12-15 09:28 AM
    Possible logic board failure, essentially a dead phone.
    08-12-15 09:59 AM
    Could be a hardware issue. Try an autoloader?
    08-12-15 10:07 AM
    I don't think it's a logic board failure.

There is a post about recovering a bricked BB10 device.

First - no need to hold down the power button along with the volume up and down buttons - - so don't do that.

I believe with Link running, take battery out of device, attach the USB cable, once you see the red light insert battery.

It is possible however that was just a battery failure, which can cause all sorts of issues until the device fully resets - including corrupting the OS so it doesn't load.

Is the red light blinking in a pattern?
    08-12-15 10:27 AM
    Phone has the red light of death.

Time to get another phone.

Via my Z30 on the Telus network
    08-12-15 10:54 AM
    2 phones. total same story.
    08-14-15 07:28 PM
    The red light is solid for 30 seconds then shuts off. Unless I hold the up and down button then it blinks red twice then solid red after 30 seconds it shuts off.

I tried to insert battery but nothing happens, the Red light turns off.

Time for a new phone? How can I reload the software if the computer won't recognize the Phone?
    08-15-15 05:45 PM
    I must add the Red light is only on when the phone is connected to computer with blackberry link running.
    08-15-15 05:48 PM
    I'd first try a different battery before condemning the phone.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 05:44 AM
    Different battery didn't work. Ok thanks, Ill look for a new phone
    08-16-15 09:05 PM
    Please help me with my Blackberry z10 wont charge, No RED Light, Will not turn on.
    I held down the up and down volume key and pressed the top button to restart the phone while plugged into the computer and you see the Red light blink one as if trying to boot up but nothing happens. Eventually the red light turns off. Never does Blackberry Link recognize my connection of the Z10 to computer.

Best regards,
    Jos� de Sousa
    Maputo - Mozambique
    Last edited by Josesousat; 08-21-15 at 04:47 AM.
    08-21-15 04:36 AM
    I see no one else mentioned to try a SIC wipe. If you've never used SIC WIPE before what this will do is totally wipe your device and leave it empty. If it works you will have a flashing RED light meaning no Operating system at all. If your Z10 does the flashing red light then open BB link, that will allow you to reinstall original OS. I have even loaded the last leak without using BB.link with just using auto loader in stead of using original OS ,if your not concerned with losing anything you had on your Z10 it won't hurt to try.
    Better than having to purchase another if it works..
    If it doesn't work then you know it's time to get another.
    Good luck

The Mini Beast Z10
    08-21-15 09:04 AM
    Thanks for your help.
    2 days before won�t getting on, I reinstalled the system/SIC wipe, and it was came working very well. but suddenly, the first blocked the screen, and I switched off. and from there nothing happens.
    No RED light, Not Charge, Not recognize bb link until today.

best regards,
    Jos� de Sousa
    08-22-15 03:29 AM
    Just Thought to share my experience that i had this week.
    Issue: first my BB Z10 had bb00-0015 error
    second after re-installing the OS Autoload-STL-100-1-10.3.1.634 my mobile got down and it got blank screen with red light blinking.

What i tired: I reinstalled Autoload-STL-100-1-10.3.1.634 then when nothing happened i did SIC Multiwipe and Load V1.1 for BB10 Only.
    almost i downloaded 2 times latest Z10_10.3.02.2789_STL100-1 OS and i got corrupt file.
    I tried correccting using BB Link but 4 times it got stuck some where and i got to frustrated and thought to buy new phone,but as i
    am attached to my phone i was sad for almost 3-4 days.

and did not had any phone with me during that time.

How issue got resolved: After i tried almost every thing and wasted 10 GB of my broadband data.
    I thought to give Z10 to customer care but i was not able to found Service Center at Noida (India)
    Then i searched one thired party authorised center of BB.

When i reached that center , i told that its almost 1 year 9 month old Z10 but that lady told me its still in warranty period and
    I gave my Z10 to them and that lady told me if it is hardware error i need to pay or else for every one mobile that is not in warranty periodthey
    charge 750 rupee (12 US $).

Very next day i got sms that my phone is corrected and i can collect, today when i reached the service center they told that your OS was corrupt
    and they installed latest OS (Z10.10.3.02.2789) i think this is latest at this time.

i just paid my travel charges to reach serice center that is 260 ruppe ( 5 US $) ,

Note: when i searched over the internet it found that people were saying,when BBZ10-0015 error / screen is blank and red light is blinking it meand hardware issue or battery is faulty
    press power button and sound up and down button, in my case it is false.
    12-15-15 11:56 PM
    Connect it to a pc and leave it for like an 1hr without the battery inside after somtime the red light will start blinking put the battery back in...
    09-11-16 05:08 AM