First of all I'm not here to bash my phone or say I'm gonna switch another phone lol. But man this phone has had so many issues and me just owning it not even a week. It's nothing new from what you guys heard but guess what I'm gonna stick with it until they do a patch. I know they won't leave us high and dry. But serious any current news on updates for the Verizon model.
    05-22-13 07:54 PM
    I have no issues with my Z10.

What are yours?

Posted from my Z10 via C10
    05-22-13 08:26 PM

What are yours?

Posted from my Z10 via C10
    Well the usual rebooting issues and the phone gets frozen in a black screen. But when I hold the power button to turn off it starts to count down. Very weird and annoying but it is what it is. Not giving up on them.
    05-22-13 08:35 PM
    Well the countdown is standard bro. It does it to let you select an option, like if you wanna restart it.

Z10? Why yes it is.
    05-22-13 08:46 PM
    I swear to god, there's a bot here that's set up to recognize posts that discuss known issues with the Z10, and immediately respond with Mine's not doing that!!!! I have no issues!!!!! There are no problems with this phone!!!!! Reboots are a carrier issue!!!!!

Posts like this are probably the most useless waste of bandwidth that we see here.
    05-22-13 08:52 PM
    I swear to god, there's a bot here that's set up to recognize posts that discuss known issues with the Z10, and immediately respond with Mine's not doing that!!!! I have no issues!!!!! There are no problems with this phone!!!!! Reboots are a carrier issue!!!!!

Posts like this are probably the most useless waste of bandwidth that we see here.
    My z10 has no issues.

My laptop keyboard also is slightly less spastic than yours. Perhaps you should get it checked out

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 08:56 PM
    I've had my Z10 over a month now with no problems at all. I have not had any rebooting issues I am running the stock OS that it came with on Verizon. My coverage area is average I'm on the outskirts of town. If I had one complaint at all as it turns out I have raised my data limit twice because I really enjoy using the features of the Z10 so it's directed mainly at me.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-22-13 09:00 PM
    My z10 has no issues.
    And so on, as KV would have said.
    05-22-13 10:23 PM
    My z10 has no issues.

My laptop keyboard also is slightly less spastic than yours. Perhaps you should get it checked out

Posted via CB10
    That made me laugh out loud. Haha...
    That was great!

Posted usin my white Zee10.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-22-13 10:54 PM
    But the reboot issue is like.. only one issue.. so for you, it has one bug, which will eventually get fixed . You make it sound like your Z10 is completely crapping out on you lol. Yes the reboots can be annoying.. I have them and many others do too. Good news is that BlackBerry said they will fix it in a future software update.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-23-13 01:39 AM

I still have no issues with my Z10 since I got it February 6th. Not one reboot, nothing.

And your post brought what to this picnic? Nothing, absolutely nothing. What a waste of energy.

Sux to be you I guess.
    Mr.mister likes this.
    05-23-13 06:08 AM
    But the reboot issue is like.. only one issue.. so for you, it has one bug, which will eventually get fixed . You make it sound like your Z10 is completely crapping out on you lol. Yes the reboots can be annoying.. I have them and many others do too. Good news is that BlackBerry said they will fix it in a future software update.

Posted via CB10
    No they didn't say that. They said they think that 10.1 will fix it, which it didn't. The bottom line is that BB doesn't know why they are rebooting.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-23-13 07:50 AM
    I thought I read in another post of people who have downloaded the latest 10.1 leak saying the rebooting issue is fixed.
    05-23-13 07:54 AM
    My advise is to give the phone a little longer to stay on. I don't know what it is, but following the 10.1 update, I had 3-4 reboots per DAY for about 2-3 days. Now that things have settled down on the phone, it hasn't rebooted in 5 days. This is the first iteration of the phone, and we are still within 6 months of release. I can't believe that people expect a polished, final product out the door on day one. Did the original iPhone have issues when it was first released? Yes. Did the original Android OS have issues? Yes. Does BB10 have issues? Yes.

You bought a newly released piece of hardware in it's first year, congratulations. Things are done differently in this software/hardware than in others. Some people call some of these "features" while others call them "issues". I am not denying that there are no issues with this phone, but I'm not up in arms, and I expect that things will get worked out. Regardless of what I think, one of three things will happen: 1) BBRY fixes the issues and regains some more market share (for someone to expect BBRY to topple Apple is crazy...at least in the near term); 2) BBRY only captures the interest of some, and retains their current small market share...making the company a surviving entity, but not a large player (the unfortunate part of this scenario is that app developers may steer clear of developing for the BB10 platform if that's the case); 3) BBRY fails to wow consumers and corporate clients with their latest innovations, and will go down in flames.
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    05-23-13 07:55 AM
    The black screen is easily remedied, hold down the play/pause button (in the middle of the volume buttons) until the voice control comes on, and just swipe out and voila you're back in home screen

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-23-13 08:43 AM
    No they didn't say that. They said they think that 10.1 will fix it, which it didn't. The bottom line is that BB doesn't know why they are rebooting.
    No, they did not say whatever you just said. Verizon said it. I've seen BlackBerry say directly that it will be fixed "In a future software update". No, I will not find the quoted post for you

Posted via CB10
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    05-23-13 10:01 AM
    Well the usual rebooting issues and the phone gets frozen in a black screen. But when I hold the power button to turn off it starts to count down. Very weird and annoying but it is what it is. Not giving up on them.
    This is exactly what is happening to me. My screen will just freeze and then the phone will reboot. It's now happening about twice a day.

The most annoying time was last night when I was posting a comment on the CB app (ironically about rebooting) and it locked up and rebooted.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 10:14 AM
    This is exactly what is happening to me. My screen will just freeze and then the phone will reboot. It's now happening about twice a day.

The most annoying time was last night when I was posting a comment on the CB app (ironically about rebooting) and it locked up and rebooted.

Posted via CB10
    Lmao I have absolutely no issues n I don't know how the he'll yall having issues

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 10:39 AM
    These reboot issues seem to be more carrier related as mostly Verizon users are experiencing them, I'm from the UK and I don't think I have seen any one from the UK have the reboot issue I personally have never had any reboot issues from the 4 months I have had this phone, the only issue I had was the black screen which I used a temporary solution which I have stated on the previous reply, after the 10.1 update that issue has gone

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 10:58 AM
    These reboot issues seem to be more carrier related as mostly Verizon users are experiencing them, I'm from the UK and I don't think I have seen any one from the UK have the reboot issue I personally have never had any reboot issues from the 4 months I have had this phone, the only issue I had was the black screen which I used a temporary solution which I have stated on the previous reply, after the 10.1 update that issue has gone

Posted via CB10
    For the 1 millionth time no it's not mostly Verizon users and yes it's happening everywhere on all carriers.
    zeteo likes this.
    05-23-13 11:31 AM
    My advise is to give the phone a little longer to stay on. I don't know what it is, but following the 10.1 update, I had 3-4 reboots per DAY for about 2-3 days. Now that things have settled down on the phone, it hasn't rebooted in 5 days. This is the first iteration of the phone, and we are still within 6 months of release. I can't believe that people expect a polished, final product out the door on day one. Did the original iPhone have issues when it was first released? Yes. Did the original Android OS have issues? Yes. Does BB10 have issues? Yes.

You bought a newly released piece of hardware in it's first year, congratulations. Things are done differently in this software/hardware than in others. Some people call some of these "features" while others call them "issues". I am not denying that there are no issues with this phone, but I'm not up in arms, and I expect that things will get worked out. Regardless of what I think, one of three things will happen: 1) BBRY fixes the issues and regains some more market share (for someone to expect BBRY to topple Apple is crazy...at least in the near term); 2) BBRY only captures the interest of some, and retains their current small market share...making the company a surviving entity, but not a large player (the unfortunate part of this scenario is that app developers may steer clear of developing for the BB10 platform if that's the case); 3) BBRY fails to wow consumers and corporate clients with their latest innovations, and will go down in flames.
    That excuse is so tired in here now.
    05-23-13 11:33 AM
    Well most I've read are from Verizon users

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 11:35 AM
    Well most I've read are from Verizon users

Posted via CB10
    Maybe because we've been the most vocal??
    05-23-13 11:41 AM
    No, they did not say whatever you just said. Verizon said it. I've seen BlackBerry say directly that it will be fixed "In a future software update". No, I will not find the quoted post for you

Posted via CB10
    From Kevin: "So I asked around to a few people here (who I figured were the right people to talk to on the BB team) at BlackBerry Live about the random reboot issue some Verizon users are experiencing.

Unofficially, was suggested that the 10.1 update that Verizon pushes out **should** help address this problem."

No where did they acknowledge that there is an issue, they had to be directly asked about it by Kevin. They also didn't say that there would be a fix for it but said that 10.1 "should" fix the problem, which it doesn't.
    05-23-13 12:18 PM
    And your post brought what to this picnic? Nothing, absolutely nothing. What a waste of energy.
    Those of us who aren't absurd fanboys will continue to plead with the head-in-the-sand crowd to refrain from responding to every legitimate thread or post about known issues with the phone (yes, I said known issues with the phone) like this.

Mine's not doing that!!!!! There are no problems with this phone!!!! It's user error!!!!! There is no rebooting issue, it's the carrier!!!!!.

We know that in all likelihood it won't work, but what can we do? Just keep trying.
    Last edited by mset; 05-23-13 at 01:00 PM.
    05-23-13 12:25 PM
46 12