When you sync a Z10 with your laptop using BB Link, do you have to tell it (BB Link or the phone) what content to put on the microSD card or will it do that automatically ? If it does it automatically, does it try to fill the internal storage first and then put the remaining content on the microSD or does it store certain types of content (e.g. media) on the microSD and other types of content (e.g. apps, contacts, e-mails, etc.) on the internal storage ?

Thanks a lot for answering our questions. It really helps.
    02-02-13 03:08 PM
    Is there any way to make a screen shoot in Z10?
    If yes, how?
    I keep my contact (all details, phone numbers as well) in my outlook. Is it possible to sync it to Z10?
    02-02-13 03:17 PM
    Is there any way to make a screen shoot in Z10?
    If yes, how?
    Screenshot is the same as on the PlayBook. Press the up and down volume buttons at the same time.
    02-02-13 03:20 PM
    Ok thanks
    I have never had a BB, but maybe I will buy it. I like this OS.
    02-02-13 03:24 PM
    Does the bbm voice calls run through large amounts of data? Will 1gb a month be sufficient for me on a plan? CUrrently have a bold and usage brings me to about 300mb a month
    02-02-13 03:25 PM
    Can you use it for your daily activities such as looking for a review on a restaurant, using cloud storage, and checking your bank account? Are any apps available?
    02-02-13 03:26 PM
    Ahh I see that. I rewrote for clarity.

The alarm time is selectable by the user, but Alarms can not be set for events the future, programmed, like when you need to wake for school, early meeting, early flight. Its' not flexible, for now.

I wouldn't worry per say, it will get better, but it is not perfect either. Text selection will improve but can be a nuisance, then again my text is pretty small. I also don't know the copy cut past icons by heart yet. Trackpad was precise-r but is also slow by comparison. Best bet, try it out for your self.
    If u check the N4BB website, there is a video on how to edit, copy and paste a text on the Z10. It's very easy to do.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    02-02-13 03:33 PM
    hows the typing compared to the physical versions of the past??
    02-02-13 03:38 PM
    I get the distinct impression from that article that the main reason BIS is popular in South Africa is because apparently Blackberry users there get "free data usage" if they have traditional BBOS devices.

Of course that is not the case in the USA - Verizon for example won't even activate a data-capable device (even low-end non-smartphone internet-capable devices) on their network without some sort of higher-priced data plan, even if you tell them you will never use data.
    02-02-13 10:35 PM
    Who my girlfriend is, or what my name will not be asked for by Voice Control. I tried to improvise it by adding nickname field into Contact data, nope.
    It does not remember that type of information, you can't really have a conversation either. I asked Who am I, said search the web?
    The voice commands have a structure, and it can be rigid. Dictation is pretty good. I'd love to compare them side by side. I know you wanted a more specific reply.
    I wonder if this is for security/privacy reasons.

I have heard that SIRI is prohibited at some companies (ie IBM) because it entails shipping voice queries to some unknown place where apparently sometimes some technology (ie neural network) or even some humans are used to interpret the queries before providing an answer, and some queries might be stored somewhere. IBM's company policy prohibits any component of company business being sent to unknown offsite/offshore vendors, so they prohibit SIRI.

IBM Outlaws Siri, Worried She Has Loose Lips | Wired Enterprise | Wired.com

It would make sense to me that a device that was constrained to the limited capabilities of the on-board OS might not be able to process complex queries, only straightforward commands and dictation.

BTW: Some guy in Austria did a side-by-side comparison with Siri, including a video. Link is below, but bear in mind this appears to have been a slightly pre-release Z10:

Blackberry Z10 versus iPhone 5 im Vergleich [Video] - Telekom Presse
    02-02-13 10:39 PM
    I thought Whatsapp was one of the "confirmed" apps during the launch? Is it really not there?
    It is confirmed. Confirmed that Whatsapp will make an app for BB10, however we don't know when. So yes, it really isn't there in App World, at the moment.
    02-02-13 10:40 PM
    It syncs media files and documents automatically to your SD card if available. You don't have to tell it.

When you sync a Z10 with your laptop using BB Link, do you have to tell it (BB Link or the phone) what content to put on the microSD card or will it do that automatically ? If it does it automatically, does it try to fill the internal storage first and then put the remaining content on the microSD or does it store certain types of content (e.g. media) on the microSD and other types of content (e.g. apps, contacts, e-mails, etc.) on the internal storage ?

Thanks a lot for answering our questions. It really helps.
    anon5645485 likes this.
    02-02-13 11:46 PM
    Can you send a file using bluetooth on iPhone, no you don't. Bluetooth feature is very limited in iPhone, many features are limited in iPhone. I recently tried to send apk data using Android, it couldn't because it didn't offer that. But I could send using Z10. Blackberry comes with more features out of box. Who offers picture editing out of box, none. Third party apps do that for them.

I'm seeing a lot of comments like "I'm sure we'll see such and such feature soon"... that is starting to worry me...
    02-02-13 11:49 PM
    yes

Will the software recognize phone numbers and addresses in messages and the Remember app so that it launches the dialer and map app when selected?
    02-03-13 12:04 AM
    Can it play .MKV using BB10 built in media player?

Thanks
    02-03-13 12:23 AM
    I am before BB Z10 buying and
    I've som question:
    1. What kind of sim card the Z10 use micro os simply SIM?
    2. The 16 GB is enough? I usually use 50-60 apps and the same in games in my WP8. The problem in the WP8, that the apps and the games make a lot of trash and thats way the storage is not enough. What about here?
    3. If I sync my outlook, my google and my facebook all the details will be a part of the Phonebook?
    4. What about the battery life? The full charge is enough for one day?

Thanks
    02-03-13 10:02 AM
    I would like to know some things about the Blackberry z10

1 - The fabric is more or less bright than the galaxy S3?

2 - Quality of call is good?

3 - Quality and volume of the sound in relation to S3?

4 - Wi-Fi signal is at a distance greater than the Galaxy S3?

5 - Select the text and copy / paste is as good as the iPhone?

5 - The browser has shortcuts or bookmarks on the home screen when you open a new tab (as chromium and dolphins)?

7 - fixed GPS satellites quickly and has good accuracy?

8 - They believe the BlackBerry will update the software to add some functions like: Adjust volume for the expensive program, alarm can be programmed with different schedules, pop up notifications (text or email)?
    02-03-13 11:25 AM
    1. What kind of sim card the Z10 use micro os simply SIM?
    This I can answer for you. It uses a microSIM.
    02-03-13 11:57 AM
    I have taken delivery of Z10 in the UK and first impressions find it requires some dedicated work to scroll around the "guts" of the mobile. To me it does has been previously released on Crackberry. However a couple of queries:
    1. How are phone numbers in the Contracts section deleted?
    2. How are downloaded apps not required deleted ?

Thanks for your assistance.
    02-03-13 12:06 PM
    When recording a video is it possible to also take a picture of what is shown on the screen?
    For instance you are recording and something looks nice, touch the screen and take a picture but still be recording a video?
    02-03-13 08:38 PM
    Thanks to the OP and others for contributing to this Q & A. I'd REALLY appreciate it if a Z10 owner could address the following:

Question: Can the Z10 stream from sites like FirstRow Live Football Stream | Watch Live Football Online | Live Soccer Stream and Project Free TV ?
    02-03-13 09:46 PM
    Thanks to the OP and others for contributing to this Q & A. I'd REALLY appreciate it if a Z10 owner could address the following:

Question: Can the Z10 stream from sites like FirstRow Live Football Stream | Watch Live Football Online | Live Soccer Stream and Project Free TV ?
    Just turned flash on and hit first row.
    Loaded the Romanian match.
    It works, streams the flash vids fine.
    Problem is, the pop up ads that you have to hit the small x to close won't close so you have to wait for them to disappear.

On a separate note, the biggest disappointment for me so far is the text selection. It's awful.
    Dragging those little blue things around is really really hard. It takes ages and is frustrating.
    This is not only miles worse than the 9900 and trackpad solution, its worse than Android to me as well.
    02-04-13 04:01 AM
    Just turned flash on and hit first row.
    Loaded the Romanian match.
    It works, streams the flash vids fine.
    Problem is, the pop up ads that you have to hit the small x to close won't close so you have to wait for them to disappear.

On a separate note, the biggest disappointment for me so far is the text selection. It's awful.
    Dragging those little blue things around is really really hard. It takes ages and is frustrating.
    This is not only miles worse than the 9900 and trackpad solution, its worse than Android to me as well.
    Thanks Bob! That's incredibly encouraging about streaming live sports. I appreciate your efforts. It's not encouraging to know that the blue strips (from PlayBook) are now being used by Z10 for text selection. I've always felt them to be ineffective.
    02-04-13 10:31 PM
    I just tried. Nope. but you can drag the focus and zoom instead! I wish that BBRY will look at HTC's great camera UI for improvements. Dedicated shutter on screen + rec button world be great.

When recording a video is it possible to also take a picture of what is shown on the screen?
    For instance you are recording and something looks nice, touch the screen and take a picture but still be recording a video?
    Chobits! Not sure MKV. Read here BlackBerry Z10 Specs - Specifications for BlackBerry 10 Smartphone - Canada I am gonna test a MKV container, the codec should work.

Thanks. But man did you read most of the thread? Text selection + editing + copy has room for improvement. That's what i was talking about.
    It is not 'very easy to do', usually, as you trying to correct within a small text box in BBM or SMS.
    I am the OP, my Z10 is awesome, but I thought this would have been implemented better. The PB's method is a bit slow but less fiddley than BB10 for now...

If u check the N4BB website, there is a video on how to edit, copy and paste a text on the Z10. It's very easy to do.
    Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    meganVee likes this.
    02-05-13 12:51 AM
    I would guess that touchscreen copy/cut/paste has to be a monumentally challenging task on anyone's very small screen. The Playbook has the advantage of a much bigger screen to squint-at and touch with fat fingers than the 4-inch Z10 screen. (or the Q10's screen, ffs)

If I had to try to munge my mitts all over my old 3-inch Treo screen every time I needed to correct a typo, I would surely have ended up throwing it hard at something. Even with the lowly 320x320 resolution it has. But what saved it was a dedicated keyboard, five-way navigator button and a stylus.
    02-05-13 02:43 AM
355 ... 1112131415