Any pattern lock or similar unlocking options other then a password?

video calls work over cellular?
    is the touch keyboard as good as everyone said? Ie. will I really not miss my physical keyboard?
    does voice control work over bluetooth?
    I assume the production model doesn't actually come with that second battery and standalone charger kevin showed in his review?
    Yes - Video calls work over cellular (there is a setting to disable/enable this depending on your preference)
    Yes - The touch keyboard is pretty incredible. Flicking words is great for one-handed use. Where it shines though is just going at it two-thumbed. I make lots of errors, fat-thumbed - but the contextual autocorrect is really remarkable.
    I have not tried voice control over bluetooth (you mean with a headset for instance?)
    No - I also doubt production model will come with second battery/charger. The one I won via the #BlackBerry10TO contest did not come with those goodies
    BB12MX likes this.
    02-01-13 12:10 PM
    I have a basic question .... how did you find using BBProtect worked to bring all your contacts etc from your previous device to the Z10 ?
    02-01-13 12:12 PM
    1. Have you guys slept since getting the Z10?

2. Any battery pull kinda issue to date?
    <sarcasm>Yes, at the end of the day it is just a phone. I won't sacrifice my sleep for this</sarcasm>

Unfortuneatly I have had to pull the battery once becasue the phone froze when I was sending a text. I've tried to repeat the way I got the phone stuck but it seems like a one off issue.
    02-01-13 12:13 PM
    Is it true cannibals don�t eat clowns because they taste funny?
    True. It's mostly because of the the foam nose and all the makeup - doesn't make for pleasant tasting soup.
    Rickroller, BB12MX and mingus007 like this.
    02-01-13 12:15 PM
    Are you certain? You tried? This has been a desired feature for me for some time. I don't know why Apple and RIM don't implement it.
    I wouldn't put that capability on my phone either if I was the manufacurer. This is the number one method for security violations and virus spread.
    02-01-13 12:17 PM
    <sarcasm>Yes, at the end of the day it is just a phone. I won't sacrifice my sleep for this</sarcasm>

Unfortuneatly I have had to pull the battery once becasue the phone froze when I was sending a text. I've tried to repeat the way I got the phone stuck but it seems like a one off issue.
    Interesting.

My answer to that is, no not yet. Been downloading apps & games (native, android, etc) like mad, testing out flash video in the browser, etc - and no battery pull issues of any kind. Time will certainly expose any issues like this if they exist though!
    Novaone likes this.
    02-01-13 12:18 PM
    Can you set multiple alarms ?
    Not in the native alarm that I've seen, no.
    02-01-13 12:21 PM
    Does it come with any cool preloaded games? Gameloft had announced some 3-4 months back that they would release 10 new games for BB10 are they available? Oh btw how is the gaming experience on Z10?
    02-01-13 12:23 PM
    Will girls fall in love with me when they will see the BB Z10 in my hands ?
    02-01-13 12:37 PM
    is there an auto on and off time so you can shut phone off at night if so where is it i cant find it on mine. been out all day so just waiting for sim to be activated then i can play properly
    02-01-13 12:45 PM
    Is there a bedside mode?

Can you set certain volumes for certain contacts? Obviously each can have their own ringtone but can you customize the volume for each and have it override the sound profile.
    For example: Can you have your phone on silent and if a certain friend calls the phone will still ring but only if that friend calls. All other calls and notifications will be silent.
    Creaulx likes this.
    02-01-13 12:51 PM
    I believe that depends on the carrier. In one of the "I got my Z10" threads for example, some people reported their carrier bundled a case and other things, some people reported their carrier did not bundle anything but the charger, not even a cleaning-cloth.

The box that Crackberry Kevin opened in the Z10 unboxing blog post had all sorts of goodies inside, including a set of "clip-on" mobile speakers, earbuds, external battery charger, cleaning cloth, etc.
    This was a promotional box only, we will not be reciving all these goodies.
    02-01-13 12:51 PM
    For those of you who missed the podcast on the review, it is up on the feed now.

A number of questions have been answered there. Enjoy.
    02-01-13 01:17 PM
    It'll come back to Sms view or the view you left last. You won't loose any data, even if you want to get out of conversation, it'll save it as a draft or give a prompt what to do. Hub is like always there and running in real time.
    The only problem I see with this is continually having to back out of whatever your doing (when your done) be it FB, Twitter, or SMS in order for the Hub main screen to be visible whenever you want to check messages (or to Peek). Unless I'm missing something.. Otherwise is you left a conversation open and went back to the home screen.. Next time you Peek you would only see the open conversation, no?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    02-01-13 01:27 PM
    You should also think other way around, if you were in the middle of something or reading and you had to check something in home screen, and get back to Hub you'll lose everything. Do you want that? of course no, I don't want that.

It's better to swipe left to go to Hub list and go on with other stuff.

The only problem I see with this is continually having to back out of whatever your doing (when your done) be it FB, Twitter, or SMS in order for the Hub main screen to be visible whenever you want to check messages (or to Peek). Unless I'm missing something.. Otherwise is you left a conversation open and went back to the home screen.. Next time you Peek you would only see the open conversation, no?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    02-01-13 02:26 PM
    Bedside mode looks fantastic in the dark, much more luxurious than it was in BB7. It looks like phosphor effect.

1. Go to Clock and swipe from up to activate OR
    2. on Lock screen or stand by mode pull down the screen to activate bedside mode. As long as BB is connected to charger it'll not turn off screen.

I didn't find any volume customization for specific contacts.

Is there a bedside mode?

Can you set certain volumes for certain contacts? Obviously each can have their own ringtone but can you customize the volume for each and have it override the sound profile.
    For example: Can you have your phone on silent and if a certain friend calls the phone will still ring but only if that friend calls. All other calls and notifications will be silent.
    meganVee likes this.
    02-01-13 02:32 PM
    Personally, I never used Level 1 message on BBOS before. In BB10 you can set importance level during email composing and filtering can be set from email client.

Played with a friends Z10 from the launch event...
    Where are Level 1 messages?? and filters...
    02-01-13 02:44 PM
    I could just download the games on my Z10 I purchased with my playbook before. I use the same BBID on both. Not sure about BBOS.

If I use the same BBID on the Z10 as my 9900, will the app purchases on my 9900 stop working? I know this was the case (for obvious reasons) when I had to replace my 9900. My old 9900 licenses were transferred to the new device. I will create a new BBID for the Z10 if I can't keep both going at the same time. Just need to know before Tuesday
    02-01-13 02:47 PM
    Yes, they combined task and memo into one app and enhanced it very much.

Does the Remember app include an option to make task list?
    meganVee likes this.
    02-01-13 02:49 PM
    I used my Z10 without SIM card and I could use BBM and BIS without any problem on Wi-Fi only.
    02-01-13 02:54 PM
    I saw the two questions I want answering, but haven't seen any answers for them.

1. Can you change the fonts and font size like previous BBs?
    2. Can you change the in call volume up and down during calls?
    3. What is the volume like during calls? is it noticeably nice and loud?

Thank you for answering these. I had a play on the z10 yesterday, am in the uk, but found couldn't do much on the demo model in the shop
    02-01-13 03:01 PM
    Yeah, my team uses Level 1 for paging purposes... importance level and setting at the client won't help us....
    I'm just asking, is the Level 1 alert available on the new Z10?
    Personally, I never used Level 1 message on BBOS before. In BB10 you can set importance level during email composing and filtering can be set from email client.
    02-01-13 03:08 PM
    Has anyone checked to see if you can use the Calendar to set multiple alarms? I used to always use that route to be able to set different alarms....

Thanks in advance!
    02-01-13 03:17 PM
    What are the changes to Docs To Go if any? How does this app rate in comparison to the Playbook version?
    02-01-13 03:19 PM
    I am having issues setting my email to manual sync and then mnually refreshing the hub. It does not seem to update my inboxes (hotmail gmail and my work email on active sync) is this an issue with your unit?
    djrupey likes this.
    02-01-13 03:28 PM
355 ... 89101112 ...