How do the voice commands compare to Siri? The few reviews I have read seem to say poorly.
    01-31-13 05:26 AM
    But, with Google turning off Activesync for regular GMail today (except Windows Phone 8), it becomes an issue.
    Stuff Google, just move to Hotmail I've had exchange activesync on my hotmail account for a few years now.
    revtech likes this.
    01-31-13 05:33 AM
    Lots of good questions, but it might take a few days of real use to actually answer them. Also I made the thread before the event took place, so there would be questions when I got home. Haha sorry.

Anyway to answer some of the earliest questions, the browser is impressively fast and renders really well.
    Smokes my PlayBook by 8 to 13+ seconds [gizmodo was like 16] across a few pages without checker-boarding on same wifi connection [*Using blue loading bar as reference, empty cache etc.]

Have to get back to you about the camera, it's a big deal. Detail is not as good as I hoped for.
    meltbox360 and BB12MX like this.
    01-31-13 05:39 AM
    I love how out of all the questions the OP chooses that one to answer, then disappears
    Spoke to soon.

BBM can not be uninstalled, but all the social networks, or 'Maps' for example can be.

Maps is decidedly pretty barebones. Yeah its bad compared to Google, or Nokia. But I never cared that much, I only used the original BB maps on OS 6 & 7 and their directions worked for me. More than anything, itsslow to load:? Even over Wifi. Hopefully BB Traffic makes a separate appearance..
    Alternative- the native Foursquare app is supposedly great, I'll use that to find good places. [hope Yelp is on the way]

As for BIS
    - just via wifi, and I did not put in a SIM because I have some Desktop Manager stuff to manage and do some homework too, but I have the BIS dots, and have been asked to sign into my BBID.
    I'm also am using Twitter over Wifi without a SIM. That would not be possible on OS 7.1 or lower. I'd say I have the new form of BIS.

Can't say about Skype yet, but VPN profile can be setup, under the Network Connections Setting. Not sure if it includes PPTP- I have no experience with VPNs [sorry].

For sure you can make folders, and name them. Universal Search back and really useful too. It is even better on the Q10 btw.
    01-31-13 06:10 AM
    What time is it?
    01-31-13 08:42 AM
    Sorry for the off topic:
    Can you please install "Sage Kids" (a free kids game) and tell me if it works ok? It's tested on the Dev B, and I'd love to know everything is smooth on a "real" phone :-)
    01-31-13 08:50 AM
    For sure you can make folders, and name them. Universal Search back and really useful too. It is even better on the Q10 btw.
    That made my day. thanks
    01-31-13 08:56 AM
    Is there really no way to change the notification volume for individual apps as Kevin said in the review? Also, is there any way to set your status to be unavailable for bbm voice or video calls, and prevent them from coming through?

Sent from my BlackBerry 8530 using Tapatalk
    01-31-13 08:59 AM
    I have a very serious question that needs answering....

Will you give me your z10?
    01-31-13 08:59 AM
    Could you check how the BlackBerry Remember app displays existing evernote 'notes'?
    Are they rich content (html like) or split up like text and attachments for images?
    01-31-13 09:05 AM
    Most importantly to the bb nation and I am dying to find out:

Can you confirm or deny the ability to change the LED light either through the OS or a third party app (granted they might not be developed yet) for different contacts, message types, etc?

Thanks!!
    z1nsane, robkd, bAAAx and 1 others like this.
    01-31-13 11:19 AM
    I dont know if it is just me, but I cannot find Skype or what's app. Battery Life great so far, charged it once 6 hours ago, still going (and i have been using it alot). BBM and E-mail are working for me without the service (comes free). Camera is sooooo gooood. LinkedIn, 4Sq can be deleted. Anythign else?
    robkd, CDM76, BB12MX and 1 others like this.
    01-31-13 11:23 AM
    Is it real?
    01-31-13 11:25 AM
    Is it real?
    I dont think so. I think it's just a hologram im holding.
    01-31-13 11:28 AM
    Anythign else?
    Yes.

Can you confirm or deny the ability to change the LED light either through the OS or a third party app (granted they might not be developed yet) for different contacts, message types, etc?

Thanks!!
    01-31-13 11:28 AM
    BlackBerry Z10  - We got one, ask us anything!-img_00000016.jpg

There you go
    01-31-13 11:33 AM
    Will check that just now for you...
    01-31-13 11:34 AM
    I'm most curious how well it does 'side loading' certain apps. So for instance if the native maps app s**ks, I would just happily sideload Google Navigation/Maps.

Same thing with Netflix, HULU or any other app that is either not native to BB or has not been ported over yet. This is a huge thing most reviwers had left out. The ability to sideload and how well it is now working in practice on ana actual BB10 device.
    austriker and stillpointworks like this.
    01-31-13 11:34 AM
    Its because they never said it was available, Thorsten said that they were committed to BB10, with no set date yet. That is why you can not find it. It was also on Crackberry.com main page.

I dont know if it is just me, but I cannot find Skype or what's app. Battery Life great so far, charged it once 6 hours ago, still going (and i have been using it alot). BBM and E-mail are working for me without the service (comes free). Camera is sooooo gooood. LinkedIn, 4Sq can be deleted. Anythign else?
    01-31-13 11:36 AM
    I'm most curious how well it does 'side loading' certain apps. So for instance if the native maps app s**ks, I would just happily sideload Google Navigation/Maps.

Same thing with Netflix, HULU or any other app that is either not native to BB or has not been ported over yet. This is a huge thing most reviwers had left out. The ability to sideload and how well it is now working in practice on ana actual BB10 device.
    Im curious as well. I saw on review that looked at this (think it was the verge) and they said the side porting was quite poor, slow and android 2.1
    01-31-13 11:36 AM
    Yes.

Thanks!!
    Cannot find any apps that allow you to do that. Thouroughly checked the settings. You have one option LED on or off.
    austriker, z1nsane and BB12MX like this.
    01-31-13 11:38 AM
    Browser is the best, believe me. There are also youtube videos where they compare with iPhone 5 and Galaxy S3. Emails are push and you'll receive them immediately.
    01-31-13 11:39 AM
    Maps is very simple but good. It's integrated with contacts app: you can directly navigate to your contacts address directly from Maps. Or send locations via BBM/Email and open it in Maps. Its super easy to use and hopefully updates are coming soon. More importantly it's super fast, unfortunately no caching or offline navigating (though none of native/preinstalled maps have offline navigation in iOS or android)
    QERNB likes this.
    01-31-13 11:42 AM
    ...Camera is sooooo gooood...
    Really. That's not what everybody else keeps saying. I would think it is personal preference on how and when one uses their camera function. Care to go into some more detail and some thoughts?
    austriker likes this.
    01-31-13 11:43 AM
    Really. That's not what everybody else keeps saying. I would think it is personal preference on how and when one uses their camera function. Care to go into some more detail and some thoughts?
    Im not a photographer so Im not sure what you mean by detail, but I'll answer anything if I can. What I mean is the time-shift camera is a very good utility. Picture quality? What can I say, Im pretty sure you've seen some they are great. I really cannot find a fault so far, but Im not biased I will post the negativites if i find them.
    BB12MX, eddy_berry and CDM76 like this.
    01-31-13 11:46 AM
355 12345 ...