Hi everyone,

I seek for new phone. I currently have an Sony Ericsson XPERIA mini.
    Main uses (topics to address by leaving android ecosystem)
    Navigation: GLONASS with waze and DailyRoads Voyager Free
    Notes: OneNote.
    ToDo: Wunderlist, HabitRPG
    Language games: Duolingo,babbel, bussu
    Phone: Call recording
    Other: Llama, Runkeeper

I've came to conclusion by many means (replaceable battery, price, extended memory) to those two specific models:
    BlackBerry Z10 and Nokia Lumia 820.

Topics:
    Navigation: Nokia have the GLONASS (which by some means a must) and waze have announced last period out of beta for WP.
    on the other hand BBOS10 have sideloading or the outdated native waze application.
    The second app is a mystery for me on both ecosystems (any replacement on any ecosystem is welcomed), recording while driving a car with some meta-data (speed, location).

Notes: Since I using OneNote on my PC for my studies, it's a welcome app on WP.
    Any solutions on BBOS?

ToDo: Both apps missing on both ecosystems, so I believe the Mobile version of their site is acceptable on both platforms.

Language games: this trio is my most favorite language studding games, I'll like to review alternatives.

Phone: Call recording, is that possible?

Other: Llama on WP is impossible, how about BB? Alternative for Runkeeper?

Thanks for your insights!
    11-13-13 03:16 PM
    Before I try to answer your questions, here are two comparisons of the devices:

BlackBerry Z10 vs Nokia Lumia 820

BlackBerry Z10 vs Nokia Lumia 820 - Phone specs comparison

Ok, now let me try to get your questions...

Hi everyone,

I seek for new phone. I currently have an Sony Ericsson XPERIA mini.
    Main uses (topics to address by leaving android ecosystem)
    Navigation: GLONASS with waze and DailyRoads Voyager Free
    Notes: OneNote.
    ToDo: Wunderlist, HabitRPG
    Language games: Duolingo,babbel, bussu
    Phone: Call recording
    Other: Llama, Runkeeper

I've came to conclusion by many means (replaceable battery, price, extended memory) to those two specific models:
    BlackBerry Z10 and Nokia Lumia 820.

Topics:
    Navigation: Nokia have the GLONASS (which by some means a must) and waze have announced last period out of beta for WP.
    on the other hand BBOS10 have sideloading or the outdated native waze application.
    The second app is a mystery for me on both ecosystems (any replacement on any ecosystem is welcomed), recording while driving a car with some meta-data (speed, location).

Waze on BB10 isn't outdated. It is the very same version you'll find on Android phones. You also have BlackBerry Maps, which uses Bing as the main database and has turn by turn voice notifications. Please. BB10 isn't BBOS. Check the "outdated" comments at the lobby before coming in.

Notes: Since I using OneNote on my PC for my studies, it's a welcome app on WP.
    Any solutions on BBOS?

EverNote. You can use the native Evernote app or have it integrate with BlackBerry Remember (which I personally prefer). If there is a OneNote app for Android, you can sideload that.

ToDo: Both apps missing on both ecosystems, so I believe the Mobile version of their site is acceptable on both platforms.

There are an absurd number fo ToDo apps in BlackBerry World. And.. surprise! BlackBerry Remember doubles as a ToDo app.

Language games: this trio is my most favorite language studding games, I'll like to review alternatives.

Can't help you here but I suggest going to BlackBerry World and searching. I know of language learning apps though.

Phone: Call recording, is that possible?

There are app for that yes, Call Recorder (Built for BlackBerry) in BlackBerry World.

Other: Llama on WP is impossible, how about BB? Alternative for Runkeeper?

Endomondo and SportsTracker come to mind.

Thanks for your insights!
    And welcome to the forums! And don't forget... WP does not get to use BBM right now... You'll miss on that!
    Last edited by diegonei; 11-13-13 at 04:13 PM.
    alon7786 likes this.
    11-13-13 04:01 PM
    820 screen is bigger but low res. Why not 920?

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/com...ones/6599,7471

I'd choose z10 over 820 any day. Bring 920 to the table and then we have a real fight.
    diegonei likes this.
    11-13-13 04:09 PM
    820 screen is bigger but low res. Why not 920?

BlackBerry Z10 vs Nokia Lumia 920 - Phone specs comparison

I'd choose z10 over 820 any day. Bring 920 to the table and then we have a real fight.
    I agree with both parts of your statement.
    propeller10 likes this.
    11-13-13 04:27 PM