12-31-13 10:20 AM
88 1234
tools
    I don't get why people don't like the iphone keyboard. I can type ultra fast on it without making typos. On my z10 1 out of 3 words contains a typo.

Posted via CB10
    It is a prerequisite for some folks to denigrate anything Apple does and to call any of us who love their products iSheep or some such highly intelligent insult. It reinforces their perceived superiority.

Just watch.... iSheep or Apple lover or troll or paid Apple shill comment coming up....

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    07-17-13 06:53 AM
    It is a prerequisite for some folks to denigrate anything Apple does and to call any of us who love their products iSheep or some such highly intelligent insult. It reinforces their perceived superiority.

Just watch.... iSheep or Apple lover or troll or paid Apple shill comment coming up....

Apple sucks you iTard. Haha, just kidding. I was going to get the iPhone 5S when it comes out but recently I have been telling myself I need to be smarter with my money and not make so many frivolous purchases. 3 cellphones in one year would be considered frivolous.

I may just hang onto my Z10 until iPhone 6.

Posted via CB10 on my Black Z10.
    07-17-13 07:20 AM
    Apple sucks you iTard. Haha, just kidding. I was going to get the iPhone 5S when it comes out but recently I have been telling myself I need to be smarter with my money and not make so many frivolous purchases. 3 cellphones in one year would be considered frivolous.

I may just hang onto my Z10 until iPhone 6.

Posted via CB10 on my Black Z10.
    LOL!!!! SEE how little that took?!?!?!?

I can't wait for the 6....I skipped the 5 because I bought the SGIII and right now I'm just ITCHING to get the 5 because I.CAN'T.WAIT!!!!! I'll skip the SGIV though.
    07-17-13 07:23 AM
    I'm a BlackBerry fanatic, the Apple keyboard is more efficient and less errors occur when typing with the Apple Keyboard opposed to BlackBerry's.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 10:03 AM
    I never was a big fan of virtual keyboards before but I thought the iPhone had the best. Android keyboards are terrible.

The z10 keyboard is still not quite as accurate for me as a physical keyboard but it is such a slight disadvantage that the benefit of the larger screen makes up for it.

Posted via CB10
    U need to train IT!

Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 10:09 AM
    I think the BlackBerry keyboard is much better, but the one drawback I have is the "send" button. When i want to correct a word, I often hit "send" which is very annoying.. on the iPhone keyboard it doesn't happen too often because it's placed somewhere else
    07-17-13 10:18 AM

Oh stop it already. There was nothing trolling about what he said, and nobody called him one. Apple people, and lately android people have been coming and trolling and hijacking threads for a while now, because people are reacting and calling attention to it in no way makes the trolls the victims.

Look at this thread for instance. Everybody giving their opinion. Nobody arguing about it. Some like apple better, most like Z better. Which is exactly what you would expect on a BlackBerry fan site. No one was arguing or coming down on others opinions until some yahoo comes and says apple is better and if you don't agree you're biased. Really?

Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 11:00 AM
    Lets keep it on topic please, I really don't want to have to cleanse a thread that was going real well for a while.

Thanks
    southlander likes this.
    07-17-13 11:48 AM
    Oh stop it already. There was nothing trolling about what he said, and nobody called him one. Apple people, and lately android people have been coming and trolling and hijacking threads for a while now, because people are reacting and calling attention to it in no way makes the trolls the victims.

Look at this thread for instance. Everybody giving their opinion. Nobody arguing about it. Some like apple better, most like Z better. Which is exactly what you would expect on a BlackBerry fan site. No one was arguing or coming down on others opinions until some yahoo comes and says apple is better and if you don't agree you're biased. Really?

Posted via CB10
    I'm sorry, love.....burr under your saddle??? Was I speaking of anyone in particular? Did I not say *some* folks???? Did that relate to you???? Whom did I call out????? Which am I, iPhone people or Android people or Z10 people or BB10 people????

May I suggest decaf?

May I repeat what I said??? I prefer the Z10 over the iPhone keyboard but my SGIII on Swype kills them all.
    07-17-13 12:16 PM
    I'm sorry, love.....burr under your saddle??? Was I speaking of anyone in particular? Did I not say *some* folks???? Did that relate to you???? Whom did I call out????? Which am I, iPhone people or Android people or Z10 people or BB10 people????

May I suggest decaf?

May I repeat what I said??? I prefer the Z10 over the iPhone keyboard but my SGIII on Swype kills them all.
    No.. we post in a lot of the same threads. We have concluded that you use multiple platforms and have provided insight and valuable opinions I'm many of these threads. The one thing that you do however, is that when people come here to bash, and others defend the platform that this site is dedicated to, you tend to come down on the people that are defending themselves rather than those that are obviously simply coming to bash people and their choice. I've given you my stance on the trolls, and you said you respected that in a previous thread. Your comment here simply shocked me that yet again, your showing the blame on BlackBerry fan boys for a lot of the uncivil behavior. Again, no one called the poster a troll for stating an opinion. He gave an opinion without bashing anyone else. Exactly what we should be doing in these forums. Let's keep this place like the crackberry of old instead of what like YouTube comments have become.

Now back to the regularly scheduled program. Once again, I love this keyboard! I do miss the click of a physical keyboard though.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 01:03 PM
    No.. we post in a lot of the same threads. We have concluded that you use multiple platforms and have provided insight and valuable opinions I'm many of these threads. The one thing that you do however, is that when people come here to bash, and others defend the platform that this site is dedicated to, you tend to come down on the people that are defending themselves rather than those that are obviously simply coming to bash people and their choice. I've given you my stance on the trolls, and you said you respected that in a previous thread. Your comment here simply shocked me that yet again, your showing the blame on BlackBerry fan boys for a lot of the uncivil behavior. Again, no one called the poster a troll for stating an opinion. He gave an opinion without bashing anyone else. Exactly what we should be doing in these forums. Let's keep this place like the crackberry of old instead of what like YouTube comments have become.

Now back to the regularly scheduled program. Once again, I love this keyboard! I do miss the click of a physical keyboard though.

Posted via CB10
    See, no platform should be bashed regardless of which Mobile Nations site it is. And THAT is what I call out. Whether here or on iMore or on Android Central. No one platform is perfect. Prior to the Z10 keyboard, I found that BlackBerry's virtual keyboards were terrible. I could not handle the virtual keyboard on the 9860, so at that point the SGIII with Swype and the iPhone keyboard were the ones I liked best. Prior to Swype, I loved the iPhone keyboard over the stock Android on the Skyrocket. So as tech changes my preferences change.

Therefore, and because tech changes, I won't stand steadfast on one view. I'm now using a Z10 after thinking that I would never again own a personal BlackBerry following my deep intense dislike for the 99xx lines. Who knows what the iPhone 5S will feel like, in terms of keyboard. My opinions on Swype might change.

I call out BS as I encounter it. Regardless of person, regardless of paltform, and regardless of site.
    07-17-13 01:17 PM
    I use my 5th gen iPod touch a lot, but rarely for typing anything. When I do use it for typing (maybe a tweet or something if my BlackBerry is charging), I find myself trying to swipe back to delete and frequently have words that run together, where the Z10 would have separated them when I hit spacebar.

I had a 4th gen iPod touch too, so I've been using the iOS keyboard for years. The 5th gen iPod touch is bigger, the same size screen as the iPhone5, but it's still narrower than the Z10, which I think makes a difference.

Based on looks alone, the iOS keyboard just doesn't look as nice as the BB10 keyboard, and iOS7 makes things worse. The bright white font against the black definitely helps. Thanks to whoever came up with that at BlackBerry. Also, thanks for having a good sized spacebar. Like why is the space bar in the iPod touch/iPhone keyboard the same size as the symbol key and voice key? Doesn't make sense.

Sorry Apple, but I guess it was only a matter of time before the maker of the best physical keyboard also made the best virtual keyboard.

BlackBerry Z10 vs Apple Keyboard experience-img_00000571.jpg

Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 01:18 PM
    Have you guys noticed that the keys on the iphone get more narrow on the bottom, whereas the blackberry keys are arranged more like a rectangle? For me it's more efficient how Apple does it, as the thumbs have a longer way to reach the bottom keys compared to the keys on the top.

What so you think?

Edit: wait, I don't mean longer, I mean they are arranged more in a way the thumb can reach the keys in a more natural way.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 01:34 PM
    It sure is good that the keyboard is proprietary BB and not licensed off of the Swiftkey Android engine.

Oh, wait.
    07-17-13 01:39 PM
    Very odd....

The space bar on my keyboard is regular size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    07-17-13 01:56 PM
    It sure is good that the keyboard is proprietary BB and not licensed off of the Swiftkey Android engine.

Oh, wait.
    oh you silly goose.....bringing detail into discussions.....
    reeneebob likes this.
    07-17-13 02:03 PM
    Love the keyboard on the z10.. I had an accident a few days ago where I tore my tendon in my right thumb- so basically I have to use only my left hand.
    I love it how I can type letters, swipe up to insert entire words, and swipe back when I accidentally spell something wrong- all just using 1 hand

Posted via CB10
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    07-17-13 02:12 PM
    I phones auto correct is better.
    07-17-13 02:16 PM
    There is one thing that I like about the iPhone keyboard over the Z10 though....I like the separate keys instead of the row of keys with the bars between them.
    Similar as to why my favourite keyboard was the Curve over the different Bolds.

07-17-13 02:30 PM
    I'm a BlackBerry fanatic, the Apple keyboard is more efficient and less errors occur when typing with the Apple Keyboard opposed to BlackBerry's.

Posted via CB10
    Said it before, I'll say it again: the Z10 keyboard is almost a new text-entry method, and it's biggest shortcoming is that there's a learning curve. Or actually, two learning curves, since the phone is learning from you, too.

I'll admit, it probably takes a couple of weeks of steady use to really get up to speed. Take the time to learn it (and even customize the auto-type suggestions a bit) and you could find you're a lot more productive.
    07-17-13 02:58 PM
    I phones auto correct is better.
    I agree. My auto-correct is out of control. Just some examples of words that it's auto-correcting:

va$ina -> Bag in a
    noob -> niobe
    clitoris -> citrus
    a$$hole -> as a hole
    d!ck -> duck
    anus -> an us
    b!tch -> butch
    oral -> or a
    07-17-13 03:05 PM
    I'm in heaven with this keyboard and I'm I 9900 fan. My daughter with an iPhone 5 likes the z10 better. Selling here 5 to buy z10

Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 03:06 PM
    Very odd....

The space bar on my keyboard is regular size.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/07/18/ury8a5y3.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/07/18/6arumuja.jpg

I think I found the issue.. on my picture of a New Message on my iPod touch, my cursor is in the "To: " field. In your pictures, your cursor is in the message field, where the spacebar is normal sized (I tried on my iPod touch, and my spacebar gets bigger when composing a message).

iOS keyboard fans will say they like the way Apple has different keyboard layouts depending on where it's being used, and people who don't like it will say it's inconsistent (for the record, the Z10's keyboard remains the same when in the "To: " field and text field).

I'll just say that I still prefer the Z10's keyboard, and avoid typing on my iPod touch whenever possible.
    07-17-13 03:14 PM
    Said it before, I'll say it again: the Z10 keyboard is almost a new text-entry method, and it's biggest shortcoming is that there's a learning curve. Or actually, two learning curves, since the phone is learning from you, too.

I'll admit, it probably takes a couple of weeks of steady use to really get up to speed. Take the time to learn it (and even customize the auto-type suggestions a bit) and you could find you're a lot more productive.
    I don't even think the bb10 keyboard learned quite as well as Swiftkey. When I was using Swiftkey, after a week I made little to no typos because it had already learned my typing style and adjusted the heat map and common words. I could practically type without looking. Even after 3 months on the z10, though, I was constantly having to go back and correct errors that Swiftkey would have already adjusted for.

For using the same engine, whatever BB did to Swiftkey made it perform worse for me.

I've always been a huge fan of the iPhone keyboard though and adjusted back to it easily, and even it has already become almost typo free after only a couple of weeks.
    07-17-13 03:25 PM
    I think I found the issue.. on my picture of a New Message on my iPod touch, my cursor is in the "To: " field. In your pictures, your cursor is in the message field, where the spacebar is normal sized (I tried on my iPod touch, and my spacebar gets bigger when composing a message).

iOS keyboard fans will say they like the way Apple has different keyboard layouts depending on where it's being used, and people who don't like it will say it's inconsistent (for the record, the Z10's keyboard remains the same when in the "To: " field and text field).

I'll just say that I still prefer the Z10's keyboard, and avoid typing on my iPod touch whenever possible.
    Yup......definitely so.

I do like typing in the Z10 very much. I flick.A LOT.
    It will be interesting to see what the ios7 keyboard will feel like with as much white.
    I can't wait.

07-17-13 03:58 PM
88 1234