Flicking is good for one handed typing, but two handed is much faster. With the Z10 keyboard, you need to type as fast as possible using muscle memory alone and just trust the autocorrect to do its job. It seems to work well more than 95% of the time for me. It fails because I type so fast I spell weirdly or because it suggests French words as I have dual language input. On that note, automatically switching languages is one big plus on the Z10 if you're in a bilingual or trilingual environment.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    07-16-13 11:34 AM
    I still use my iPhone for bank of America mobile deposits... the keyboard is so tiny, I constantly hit the wrong characters. I always say while using that app, I'll be glad when they release one for my z10.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 11:38 AM
    I'm sorry, but Apple's keyboard is way better. If you say BlackBerry's is you're completely biased.

Posted via CB10
    LOL

Posted via CB10
    SK122387 and rtang1007 like this.
    07-16-13 11:39 AM
    Even switching between my Z10 and my boss' iPad mini, I have a hard time with the keyboard. Not to mention I'm always wanting to do the gestures to move from one thing to another. But I do like the Z10 keyboard much better!
    07-16-13 11:39 AM
    I'm sorry, but Apple's keyboard is way better. If you say BlackBerry's is you're completely biased.

Posted via CB10
    Is this backed up with empirical data?

No???

Then it's just as much an opinion as mine. I think your bias is at play, not mine.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by qbnkelt; 07-16-13 at 02:48 PM.
    SK122387 likes this.
    07-16-13 01:24 PM

Posted via CB10
    Please don't apologise. I think apologising just emphasises your bias.

Kiss hug kiss hug...

The Human Torch was denied a bank loan
    07-16-13 01:27 PM
    Swype is better than iPhone's keyboard.

BBandroidiphone

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 01:32 PM

Posted via CB10
    Lmao! Wow. We're biased if we don't think that the worst keyboard is better than the best?

Even reviewers who are totally biased against BlackBerry and spend their time during their reviews telling you why you should not buy a Z10 still say the keyboard is the best out there.

I have always used physical qwerty keyboards. Have tried apple on ipod, and just couldn't do it. Tried android on Samsung and didn't like it, even though it was slightly better than ipod simply because it was on a tab so bigger. I was going to wait until q10, but watching everything about bb10 while using my torch was driving me crazy, and not knowing when these American carriers would finally release the q, I went ahead and bought the Z, thinking that when the arrived, I'd figure out some way to ditch the Z and get the Q. Gotta say, within a week of using this machine, (yes, I said machine, not device, for a reason) I had completely forgotten my want of a q. I have never used any virtual keyboard that is this amazing. It's almost magic. And no, I rarely flick, that's not what it is, it's simply that it practically knows what I'm typing.

Some people say that by using the z10 the days of not looking while you type are over. But I'm doing it right now. Yeah, I'm missing letters, tapping the wrong ones, but this machine is correcting right back to what I want it to. You won't find that with Apple. What you will find are websites dedicated to the hilarious auto correct fails from iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 01:55 PM
    I still use my iPhone for bank of America mobile deposits... the keyboard is so tiny, I constantly hit the wrong characters. I always say while using that app, I'll be glad when they release one for my z10.

Posted via CB10
    And every time you say that, you should shoot BOA a quick message telling then that also.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 01:57 PM
    Am I the only one who think iPhone keyboard is better than Z10? I type more mistakes with Z10 than iPhone 5. It seems like I always type the letter next to the one I want to type, for example, k instead of l.
    07-16-13 02:43 PM
    My preferences in order: Z10 keyboard, SwiftKey on Android, and the iOS keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    07-16-13 02:43 PM
    The iPhone is what made me think I could NEVER carry a full touch device. I loved my physical keyboards and couldn't imagine how people spent all day with a VKB. I initially thought I would get the Q but after some time with the wifes Z I was sold on the keyboard and absolutely love it. So much better than any VKB I have ever touched, and makes living without PKB doable. The more I get used to it the more I can hammer away on the Z. This is from a guy that spends most of his day sitting in front of a full size keyboard for work, I would say I am a higher level touch typist, and the Z makes the VKB survivable and more.
    07-16-13 02:52 PM
    Am I the only one who think iPhone keyboard is better than Z10? I type more mistakes with Z10 than iPhone 5. It seems like I always type the letter next to the one I want to type, for example, k instead of l.
    I make mistakes when I go back and forth too frequently because the layouts are different. Other than that, the Z10 works better for me than my 4S.

I'll tell you how it goes after I get my iPhone 5S.

07-16-13 02:52 PM
    Some people say that by using the z10 the days of not looking while you type are over. But I'm doing it right now. Yeah, I'm missing letters, tapping the wrong ones, but this machine is correcting right back to what I want it to.
    Posted via CB10
    That's also my experience. Except I haven't mastered typing and walking yet.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    07-16-13 02:55 PM

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    Once I master walking I'll try adding typing to it.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 03:26 PM
    Once I master walking I'll try adding typing to it.

Posted via CB10
    Ooooooooooo then add chewing gum!!!!!

07-16-13 04:18 PM
    No, you are not the only one.
    07-16-13 05:12 PM
    iPhone's keyboard is hideous !
    Plus their autocorrect sucks.
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    07-16-13 05:19 PM
    Yeah, i think z10s keyboard looks really awesome. The font is just great!

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 05:35 PM

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    ^^^this^^^

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 05:46 PM
    The keyboard of my Z10 is one of the things I truly love the most, it's REALLY an intelligent keyboard and very neat.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 06:08 PM

Posted via CB10
    I have both keyboards with me all day. Keys on Apple are small and plain. BlackBerry has decent size keys. Not being biased, it's simply the truth.

Posted Via My Most Used BlackBerry App
    07-17-13 05:43 AM
    I have both iPhone 5 and Z10, and I can tell you that typing on the iPhone is a nightmare!!!
    07-17-13 06:08 AM
    I don't get why people don't like the iphone keyboard. I can type ultra fast on it without making typos. On my z10 1 out of 3 words contains a typo.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 06:16 AM
    My favourite keyboard is not the Z nor Q 10 but the.... Pearl 8/9100.

Sadly they not produce the half -qwerty anymore

G?i t? ?i?n tho?i thng minh BlackBerry Z10
    07-17-13 06:26 AM
88 1234