I bought an unlock code for my blackberry z10 on o2 uk

When I enter code says code successful but the network won't unlock.

Any one have any idea why it will not unlock the network
    When it says code successfully unlocked.

I'm down to my last 4 tries so do not want to hard block my
    Phone so can any one shed some light why it will not unlock.

Have tried hard resetting device battery pull nothing
    Seems to work.
    02-26-14 04:38 PM
    "Some Phone Models require both Unlocking Code & Service Provider Code."

If it is a branded phone your carrier is responsible for getting you the correct code. If not, you need (before you continue to punch in a code that does not work) to get in touch with a very experienced unlock company. Not only do some companies sometimes require a Service Provider Code, but there is a "global unlock code" that may have to be used.

Pulling the battery and/or resetting the phone do zip.
    02-26-14 06:17 PM
    When you go to Settings/Security and Privacy/SIM Card do the Phone Network lock settings look like this:
    blackberry z10 unlock code entered success but no unlock ?-img_00000037.jpg
    If not, your unlock code is not working. There has been a thread where someone had a similar problem and the solution was a second code. IIRC it was a UK carrier too. I will find the thread and post a link here. It may help.

BTW: do not waste anymore attempts you are getting close to permanently bricking your phone. Also what model is it?
    02-26-14 06:31 PM
    It's a stl-2 z10 can any one suggest a reliable unlock company
    02-27-14 03:03 AM
    FWIW, one CSR at Tmob told me to turn off wifi and make sure I was on the carrier network. Reality, who knows?

I was given two wrong codes. Lesson learned is it isn't you, it is them. Enter the code, check it a few times before hitting the button, then give it a shot. Don't do it more than once.

I wad entering the code twice, thinking maybe I screwed up. Bad idea. Do it once with lots of checking.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 05:55 AM
    Here is the thread I was referring to in my previous post, where a member ran into a similar problem to yours:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ocking-894413/

Hope this helps.
    02-27-14 07:08 AM
    I have exactly the same problem. I am now down to 4 attempts left.

O2 provided the code (free) and have given me some help by contacting BB, but they say the code is correct (sent it twice now and confirmed it over the phone). They have advised me to go to see an O2 Guerue, so maybe I will try that this weekend.

I have tried to unlock both with an O2 sim and a different one. When tried with the O2 sim it says success, but when you try to use the different sim, it is back to being locked. Looks like my phone will not accept any changes and I need it unlocked for when I travel to the USA (where I use a different SIM).
    02-27-14 05:13 PM
    I have exactly the same problem. I am now down to 4 attempts left.

O2 provided the code (free) and have given me some help by contacting BB, but they say the code is correct (sent it twice now and confirmed it over the phone). They have advised me to go to see an O2 Guerue, so maybe I will try that this weekend.

I have tried to unlock both with an O2 sim and a different one. When tried with the O2 sim it says success, but when you try to use the different sim, it is back to being locked. Looks like my phone will not accept any changes and I need it unlocked for when I travel to the USA (where I use a different SIM).
    When I entered my initial code, 16 digits, it stated entered successfully, however my code turned out to be 8 digits. Ask one of the online unlockers if the can confirm your code for a small fee of course. If they produce the same code then take the device to the store and ask them to enter the code, if it fails with them providing the code they be willing to replace.

Posted by my device of choice. Might be a BlackBerry, might not be. It is of no concern to you.
    02-27-14 05:26 PM
    I have tried both 8 and 16 digits nothing worked down to 4 tries left
    Unreal this much hassle to unlock a phone.

Gave the 02 one to my son and went and bought a sim free white z10
    Blackberry needs to investigate this problem as something has gone wrong
    Somewhere it's ridiculous this unlocking problem.
    02-28-14 09:36 AM