Hi guys.

I have had the BlackBerry 10 for around 6 months, and recently the text input has become impossible to work with. If I send a message longer than 1sms the lag becomes so bad it forgets what i typed and takes around 30 seconds to fully catch up.

Very, very frustrating

Any ideas?

Posted via CB10
    rai187 likes this.
    01-10-14 02:24 PM
    Hi guys.

I have had the BlackBerry 10 for around 6 months, and recently the text input has become impossible to work with. If I send a message longer than 1sms the lag becomes so bad it forgets what i typed and takes around 30 seconds to fully catch up.

Very, very frustrating

Any ideas?

Posted via CB10
    Delete all unessential/old text conversations or any that has a long chat history.
    Delete one thread at a time and wait for it to finish before deleting the next one.
    Restart your device and try again
    01-10-14 02:35 PM
    Tried that dude, did it until only one conversation was left.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-14 02:44 PM
    Anyone else with any ideas? All updated, no messages at all and yet text input still.lags in anything longer than one sms.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-14 08:12 PM
    What OS are you running?

Posted via CB10
    01-11-14 09:16 PM
    Are you saying that you can't type? It's funny because that was one of the things that drove me away from Android, except it was in every app, not just SMS.

Or is it that it takes a long time for the message to send?

What OS version? I haven't seen anything like that, but I've been on 10.2 or better since day one. I've heard that the official carrier OSes in the U.S. are a bit buggy.
    01-11-14 09:29 PM
    Delete all text messages, delete browser history, clear history, clear cookies and other data, battery pull. After that try your text messages again.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-14 11:59 PM
    Thanks alpha I will give that a go. Its literally just sms. Basically, when I am typing a message, the text is several words behind and I have to wait for the text input to actually catch up with me. Touch response becomes very slow too and it is near impossible to scroll back through messages. It doesn't happen in any other app.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 04:02 AM
    I have the latest official OS. No leak.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 04:03 AM
    I have the same problem like you. But I didn't find any fix for this.. I'm on the latest leak, but I had this problem on all versions installed. This problem appear only when I type a longer sms, but when I type in any other application like Whatsapp for example, keyboard doesn't lag.
    01-12-14 05:23 AM
    I've been trying to replicate the error on 10.2.1.1925 and can't. OP, don't fear installing a leak. Use Link to backup, run the autoloader, go through the initial setup, then use Link to restore. It's easy and fun. Feels like you have a new phone at the end.

The longest part of the process is the restore. I do it as I sleep and wake up to a new phone.
    01-12-14 08:22 AM
    Fane,that is the exact problem I have had. Nothing works, no leaks, no updates, no back ups or resets. Genuinely baffled and extremely frustrated with it. This is the first issue I have had with my z10. I love this phone.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-14 05:11 PM
    This has been happening ever since 10.2 .0.429 update!!! Very frustrating! Yes delete all texts and it helps but will start again! Needs to fixed!!!

Posted via CB10
    01-16-14 10:10 PM
    This has been happening ever since 10.2 .0.429 update!!! Very frustrating! Yes delete all texts and it helps but will start again! Needs to fixed!!!

Posted via CB10
    Fully agree, it's incredible that we can't let long sms conversation, and the lag is very stressly when you want to answer Now !
    01-17-14 06:41 AM
    Delete all text messages, delete browser history, clear history, clear cookies and other data, battery pull. After that try your text messages again.

Posted via CB10
    You should never do a battery pull only a Hard reset (hold both volume rockers down after a few second this will turn off the device).
    01-17-14 08:32 AM
    it also has been so frustrating for me. is been so frustrating that im even considering staying with my z10..

the text lag
    the signal problem ( i only have wifi at work, so when i go outside i have and X , i try to make a call so it pick up the signal back, but when i hit call.. it attemps to open and it closes..or sometime i switch back to ON the mobile signal and it stays off. i have to restart the phone.. and a few other things. but those 2 are really killing me.
    01-17-14 11:19 AM
    I don't know if this is a fix but today I bought a Blackberry Transform Shell which came with a screen protector, and I replaced my 1$ screen protector which I used until now with this one and..today I had no lag at typing long sms.I hope this will not reapear!
    01-23-14 02:32 PM
    Since yesterday I had no lag in composing sms so in my case the screen protector was the culprit.
    01-24-14 07:18 AM
    Thanks alpha I will give that a go. Its literally just sms. Basically, when I am typing a message, the text is several words behind and I have to wait for the text input to actually catch up with me. Touch response becomes very slow too and it is near impossible to scroll back through messages. It doesn't happen in any other app.

Posted via CB10
    I suspect that you are on a 10.2.0 build. This is a known issue with that release and the only surefire way of putting it right is to change your OS version. If you type myver and hit space, we'll know for sure. I sorted the problem by installing the 10.2.1.1925 leak and everything pretty much works great on that build. There is no downside to installing a stable leak and this is the best one going. Fast ain't the word!

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.1925 O2 UK
    01-24-14 09:38 AM
    You should never do a battery pull only a Hard reset (hold both volume rockers down after a few second this will turn off the device).
    Pulling the battery is absolutely fine. I do it every single day as I have the battery charger bundle and swap batts around 4pm.

01-24-14 09:41 AM
    it also has been so frustrating for me. is been so frustrating that im even considering staying with my z10..

the text lag
    the signal problem ( i only have wifi at work, so when i go outside i have and X , i try to make a call so it pick up the signal back, but when i hit call.. it attemps to open and it closes..or sometime i switch back to ON the mobile signal and it stays off. i have to restart the phone.. and a few other things. but those 2 are really killing me.
    Give 20 mins of your life to install the 1925 leak and your text lag problem will be gone. I don't know what signal issue you're facing. Could you explain. What did you mean by you only have WiFi at work? Do you work underground?

01-24-14 09:46 AM
    I have the latest update and all is well!!!

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 04:57 PM